Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 08:37   #496
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

My dealer has informed me that I can expect delivery of the car between 26-28 September. They have been billed the car by Mahindra, and shipping is expected soon. I plan to take delivery on the 30th. One thing that I understood is that dealers have little room to play around with your bookings this time. Everything is communicated to the customer by Mahindra leaving almost no room for mischief.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 10:42   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
My dealer has informed me that I can expect delivery of the car between 26-28 September. They have been billed the car by Mahindra, and shipping is expected soon. I plan to take delivery on the 30th. One thing that I understood is that dealers have little room to play around with your bookings this time. Everything is communicated to the customer by Mahindra leaving almost no room for mischief.
I also spoke to my Dealer who confirmed receiving the vehicle at his yard. He told me to get in touch next week to finalize the payment but the delivery would be only on or after 26 September but within this month.
Old 12th September 2022, 11:02   #498

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Hi all! This is my first post here. Yay!!!
I have been passively reading the posts, reviews and suggestions on routes (since the days when Google maps were not as prevalent) for several years. Now, that the kids have grown, I hope to get much more time to fulfil my dreams of travelling. Hence, here I am! Must say, I wasn't really sure if my request would be accepted by the Mods... Frankly, it felt like I was writing those SOPs for foreign universities, after so many years. Thanks Mods!

Anyway, coming to the point. My booking is for Z8 Petrol AT 7 Str (changed from Z8L on the last day, which I am kind of regretting now). The est. delivery is showing May-Jun 2023 which is like a spanner thrown in my plans. I didn't book XUV700 a few months ago due to the crazy long waiting period and now, even with the introductory pricing, the delivery of my Scorpio N is by mid-next year. That is staggering 9-10 months from now.

My 2012 Petrol Verna is 10 years old now and I would like to change at the earliest. What do you suggest? Should I stick with this booking? Are there any better and comparable options for those who don't want to wait this long? I expect no more than 400-500 KM per month and therefore, would like to stick with Petrol (reason for not for Safari). Don't need 4WD as I don't expect myself doing any adventures in my 40s. Comfort, pick up and smooth ride is important for me. TIA.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th September 2022 at 13:01. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.
MealReelWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 12:08   #499
BHPian

Welcome to the forum brother…

I will suggest if you have booked scorpio N Petrol with some thoughts, stay with your booking. Though you have dates of May, you’ll surely get the vehicle a month or two earlier, let the deliveries start in the next 15 days.

Not sure, but who told you adventures cannot be done in 40s ? I feel this is the perfect stage of your life and career where you are mature and responsible enough to do things but not overdo them like in your early 20’s or 30’s. Anyways age is just a number, enjoy the vehicle and also plan for adventures without thinking too much, don’t get old before you get old.

Last edited by Sheel : 12th September 2022 at 13:02. Reason: Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.
rahulya007 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 13:04   #500
BHPian

Got confirmation from dealer that the vehicle is arriving by 15th September. And they are planning for a mass delivery on 26th september. He said they are getting 15 vehicles by 15th, and for all these vehicles the delivery will be on 26th at one go.
Old 12th September 2022, 15:51   #501
BHPian

My dealer has informed that the car has arrived in the yard. I will be going to the yard this week to check out the vehicle post which will initiate the payment process. He mentioned that delivery can be done on 26th. I am yet to finalize the exact delivery date.
Old 12th September 2022, 17:06   #502
BHPian

With Each passing Day the prospects of Scorpio N, seem meak to me. the 4WD attraction is fading away. probably realistic me finding the XZA+ of Safari more lucrative and sensible for the family (won't call it SUV rather MUV or Lifestyle Vehicle), Gurkha Xtreme is there to do the 4x4(x4) duties.

Bottom of the story have booked Safari XZA+ Dark 6Str also, which would be delivered in 15 Days.

Reason for this shift, Tata were more hospitable at dealership level, came to my house also for TD no limitation on the KM's for TD all queries answered. Vehicles are ready available they have been able to meet customer Demand with having more variations in Top Segment like Dark, Adventure, Gold, Kaziranga, Jet.

On the otherside Adfactor PR Team has worked tirelessly and efficiently in creating a hype for Mahindra refining themselves from XUV to Scorpio N Launch, the showroom staff however isn't hospitable.

That being said will not be cancelling my Booking Price protected till D-5 day.
Old 12th September 2022, 23:23   #503

Hello Everyone..

This is my first ever post on Team-BHP, as I just got my membership approved yesterday. Have been an avid reader and follower of Team-BHP since 2010, when I booked my Fiat LINEA Diesel.

Have been able to book SCORPIO N Z8L Diesel AT 4x2 Napoli Black on 30th of July online, under price protection. This was the model which I had put in the cart on 5th of July, for the first time, after having a look at it at the showroom and kept it as it was till the end. This was the only booking which I had made or attempted on 30th of July & luckily got it. It was a casual effort. After seeing the Payment Gateway crash and all, was very much sure of not getting the allotment in first 25K. But, as many have got here, got the confirmation after 2-3 days.

On 15th of August, considered seriously of changing the booking to Z8 AT, was on the verge of doing it, but some how maintained the Z8L selection - one of the reasons being the delivery priority mentioned by M&M & the other - sheer luck.

Was utterly surprised by the delivery date of 26th of September. Very much excited. But, yet to hear anything from the Dealership.

I wish to Thank all of you for the valuable inputs, I could get from the Forum. Look forward to a long and strong association.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-scorpio-n-booking.png  

ILLOGICAL is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 09:57   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLOGICAL View Post
Hello Everyone..
Have been able to book SCORPIO N Z8L Diesel AT 4x2 Napoli Black on 30th of July online, under price protection.

On 15th of August, considered seriously of changing the booking to Z8 AT, was on the verge of doing it, but some how maintained the Z8L selection

Was utterly surprised by the delivery date of 26th of September. Very much excited. But, yet to hear anything from the Dealership.

I wish to Thank all of you for the valuable inputs, I could get from the Forum. Look forward to a long and strong association.
Welcome brother. Now that you are getting your ride before most of us, congratulations for becoming a proud owner of a black beauty.

Though black looks ravishing, it needs equal amount of maintenance to keep it looking shining. Would suggest and i am sure you must have thought about it already, but pls go ahead with either Ceramic coating or complete PPF for the car to keep it looking shining and new depending on the use you would put it to. If you drive majorly on highways would suggest to go for PPF which is the ultimate protection, if usage would be city and short rides, ceramic which is comparatively less costly than PPF will also help a lot. Most dealers will tell you about getting Teflon coating, which is a gimmick as teflon is out of market for more than decade now. What they do is only wax polish which goes off in a couple of washes.
rahulya007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 12:35   #505

Dear All,
My first post after getting my membership approved. Had been reading the forum from the moment prior to release of Scorpio N. I must say the valuable insights and discussions helped book the vehicle. Thank you all for that.

Booked Z8L AT 6S 2wd emerald white & Z8 AT 7S 4wd emerald white on July 30. Both were price protected and booked online. I would have loved to have the 4wd, I realised that I would hardly use it as most of my usage would be in city and highways. The date of delivery for Z8 4wd is in March-April 2023 and I have decided to cancel that. The delivery for Z8L is on 26th sept 2022, while I may delay by a few days (kids have exams). Vehicle has arrived in the dealership and working out the financial part.

I have asked for insurance quotes and will post them as I get.

Thanks!
Aerosmith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 14:27   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Here is what I could collate from the information on this thread

Please include mine as well.

Z8L MT Forest Green 26 Sep 22 delivery
chipsnchops is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 17:48   #507
BHPian

Just an update on Insurance. I got 68 K from ICICI lombard ( Zero dep, No engine protect) and dealer has agreed on 75K quote along with engine protect from ICICI lombard. Mine is Z8L petrol AT 7 STR with exshowroom price of 20.95 lacs. I will share the formal quote once they share. Hopefully will help other fellow members during their negotiations.
Old 13th September 2022, 18:36   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Just an update on Insurance. I got 68 K from ICICI lombard ( Zero dep, No engine protect) and dealer has agreed on 75K quote along with engine protect from ICICI lombard. Mine is Z8L petrol AT 7 STR with exshowroom price of 20.95 lacs. I will share the formal quote once they share. Hopefully will help other fellow members during their negotiations.
For Z8L D AT 4WD, my dealer is matching INR 79K from HDFC Ergo. This includes Zero Dep, NCB Protection and RTI.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 18:51   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
For Z8L D AT 4WD, my dealer is matching INR 79K from HDFC Ergo. This includes Zero Dep, NCB Protection and RTI.
This seems to be a good price then. Who’s the dealer in Mumbai ? Mine is also same variant. Is it also having engine and tire protect included ? Including these 2, HDFC Ergo showed me 90k including GST. I had also selected driver and 2 passenger cover of 2 lac each.

Looks like dealers are realising they cannot fool customers like this.
Old 13th September 2022, 19:44   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
This is a very good quote. Let me also get quote from HDFC Ergo. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks