Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 16:01   #346
BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

I just checked my Scorpio N booking but there's something strange with the allotment system, I have 2 differnt booking for the exact same variant in the exact same color but 1 booking is with price protection and the other has price applicable at the time of delivery.
However the delivery date of the car under price protection is one month after the car which has no price protection.

Btw I have booked a Z8 P AT in Everest white color and the expected delivery date is end March 2023 for the non price protection vehicle and Mid of May for the car under price protection.
aditya_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 16:10   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
Btw I have booked a Z8 P AT in Everest white color and the expected delivery date is end March 2023 for the non price protection vehicle and Mid of May for the car under price protection.
Has Mahindra started notifying delivery dates to people outside the first 25k also?! They said it will happen in another 10 days.
Old 31st August 2022, 17:00   #348

I have a question. If anyone who has the introductory price applicable, changes the variant/color, will he lose the introductory price benefit. Any idea
Old 31st August 2022, 17:17   #349
BHPian

Great Data compilation, gives us a good idea about delivery dates variant wise.

One thing that I found curious is no one (except me) has booked the MT 4X4 combo in Z8 or Z8L in the given chart.

I had my reasons for booking a MT but still surprised to see how the market is now shifting to ATs in India in every segment of the car market as compared to my last car purchase in 2015 when the XUV 500 had no AT option available.

Also upgrading to Z8L from Z8 because of no alloy wheels on the particular model I guess I will get my N 3-4 months earlier than Z8

Talking about delivery date, mine is the first batch and expected to be delivered before Diwali.

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220831-5.06.37-pm.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by reskaps View Post
I have a question. If anyone who has the introductory price applicable, changes the variant/color, will he lose the introductory price benefit. Any idea
The variant amendment window closed on 15 august. Before 15th you could change your variant/colour as many times as you wanted without loosing price protection. Now if you Change the variant it will be considered a new booking and will be not price protected.

Last edited by kushgandhi : 31st August 2022 at 17:22.
Old 31st August 2022, 17:20   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reskaps View Post
I wrote a mail to customer support with exactly the same query to edit the variant after 15th august . They politely declined to edit the variant but suggested for the fresh order which means new in queue . Million rupees now don’t matter you can’t buy something at your will .
shubh001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 17:51   #351
BHPian

So, as I thought Z8 is being given step motherly treatment.

I know Mahindra had clearly told Z8L will be prioritised. But giving priority and totally neglecting other variants are two different things.

Mahindra could have done something like (80 Z8L, 40 Z8, 40 Z6, 20 Z4, 20 Z2) , out of each 200 per day in initial months.
Still Z8L gets priority and others get some deliveries as well.

Right now it means by the time some of us price protected customers get the delivery of our Z8, total ScorpioN on roads will be 40000 plus (assuming production capacity of 6000 units). If someone booked a non-introductory Z8L or Z4 in first 1 hour, he/she may get it before the introductory Z8 guys!!
Indepth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 18:09   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
So, as I thought Z8 is being given step motherly treatment.

I know Mahindra had clearly told Z8L will be prioritised. But giving priority and totally neglecting other variants are two different things.

Mahindra could have done something like (80 Z8L, 40 Z8, 40 Z6, 20 Z4, 20 Z2) , out of each 200 per day in initial months.
Still Z8L gets priority and others get some deliveries as well.

Right now it means by the time some of us price protected customers get the delivery of our Z8, total ScorpioN on roads will be 40000 plus (assuming production capacity of 6000 units). If someone booked a non-introductory Z8L or Z4 in first 1 hour, he/she may get it before the introductory Z8 guys!!
This is all expected, given the value of Z8 variant over Z8L. I had to change my booking Z8 --> Z8L in the last minute to avoid this perceived delay.
On the plus side, I have a 6 Seater now which I always wanted to own
Old 31st August 2022, 19:31   #353
BHPian

Finally I got mobile signal, passing by a Mediterranean island.
I was able to get OTP, enabling me to login for checking my booking status (had goosebumps as if checking my 10+2 board results).

The result was as expected, borderline pass.
Delivery date for my Z8 D AT - Deep Forest as 4th March - 3rd April 2023.

Although I didn't particularly like this step motherly treatment towards Z8 by Mahindra, the delivery timeline actually suits me. I will be back to India in Feb, it seems rather perfectly catered for me.

Having said that, I think all those with Z8 booking should take it up with Mahindra on twitter or something. It may or may not have any effect but one should lodge protest if something seems unfair.

Just my 2 cents, although so far I had only appreciated Mahindra for everything they did in case of ScorpioN booking process.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot_20220830231859_chrome2.jpg  

Indepth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 22:47   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post

One thing that I found curious is no one (except me) has booked the MT 4X4 combo in Z8 or Z8L in the given chart.
I have the exact same car booked as you! Even I was surprised seeing the table. I have been given a Mar-Apr 2023 date. Sad to see that the second top variant is being relegated to the bottom of the pile by Mahindra.
Old 1st September 2022, 01:56   #355
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

I have got delivery date of 27th Feb to 29th Mar for Z8 4X4 D AT NP with 23XX booking number. Request members to share their dates 😀
Old 1st September 2022, 08:23   #356

I have booked Z8 Auto in both fuel types in Napoli black color. Both of these bookings come under the first 25K bookings.
The petrol one is scheduled a bit early with respect to a diesel one.
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-petrol.png  

What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-diesel.png  

santoshroyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 09:00   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Price protected, but June 2023 delivery!
Forgot to mention - This is for Z8 AT D 4WD, Black

Last edited by Upgrade : 1st September 2022 at 09:01. Reason: At
Old 1st September 2022, 09:53   #358
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the booking of the Scorpio N has been halted for some time. Landing page displays "Down for maintenance, will be back shortly".
Old 1st September 2022, 10:42   #359
BHPian

Had booked 4x4 AT Z8L Napoli Black as soon as the bookings opened , got introductory price as well.
Tentative delivery date is October 2022.
Old 1st September 2022, 11:42   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Here is what I could collate from the information on this thread
Great compilation, thanks for the effort and time devoted for the good of the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushgandhi View Post
Great Data compilation, gives us a good idea about delivery dates variant wise.

The data is compilation of T-BHPians, may not be prorated outside the community. Shifting to automatics is a trend of informed people we can say. Going by the popularity of Scorpio in semi urban/ rural areas, bookings for N from these areas may still be manuals IMO.
rooster.ram is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks