Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2022, 16:48   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

Further broke it down since we are getting more data. There is a clear pattern emerging as to how Mahindra is planning deliveries of the price protected ScropioNs. Soon we will have data on the non-price protected vehicles, will be interesting to see if they overlap. They should as per what Mahindra is currently planning
Attached Images

TheARUN is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 19:55   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
There is a clear pattern emerging as to how Mahindra is planning deliveries of the price protected ScropioNs.
Seems like no one has booked Royal Gold except me. I have made two booking through different dealers. Both Z8L AT 4x4 Gold. One with price protection set for delivery in early November and other without price protection set for delivery in late November. And also looks like the first lot is predominantly Black, White and Green.
Harshavarthan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 21:01   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Seems like no one has booked Royal Gold except me. I have made two booking through different dealers. Both Z8L AT 4x4 Gold. One with price protection set for delivery in early November and other without price protection set for delivery in late November. And also looks like the first lot is predominantly Black, White and Green.
Are the delivery timelines for non price protected bookings revealed already? I thought it’s 10days from the announcement of the price protected bookings.
Old 3rd September 2022, 21:13   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atluri_rkc View Post
Are the delivery timelines for non price protected bookings revealed already? I thought it’s 10days from the announcement of the price protected bookings.
Yes. It shows for me. Just 8 days later to the delivery of price protected booking. May be because it is the top Z8L AT 4wd.
Old 3rd September 2022, 21:48   #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Yes. It shows for me. Just 8 days later to the delivery of price protected booking. May be because it is the top Z8L AT 4wd.
I also booked Z8L 4x2 Diesel white Automatic without price protection and delivery status update shows delivery between 26Septeber to 11 October. Called up the customer service helpline and they mentioned that I will receive an SMS or mail on 8th September with exact delivery status.
Old 3rd September 2022, 22:44   #396
BHPian

IB290: Z6 D AT White, 13 Mar - 12 Apr

I am quite happy with the dates and hope they stay like that and 5 door Thar and 5 door Jimny (with probably poor safety) options are also clear by then.
Old 4th September 2022, 00:04   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
Dealers would probably give you a worse price than you could get outside. If you have the patience and space, it would be worth it to keep the tyres and wheels with you and sell it later. Me, I plan on keeping them with me and to put them on before every service, to avoid possible warranty denials later on.

Not familiar with the NCR region, sorry. You should check out the Alloy Wheel show-off thread, or the Scorpio/Thar tyre/wheel upgrade thread, bhpians love talking about great deals that they got.

Attachment 2353542

As you see, the diameter increase is within limits, so speedo error and gearing should not suffer. Since the increase in width is only 5 mm on each side, there shouldn't be any rubbing either. It all depends on the offset of the rims you fit as well.

It's great to see how excited everyone is for their bookings.
Space is not a problem, but I don't want to keep the tyres in my garage and keep looking for a buyer (tyes and buyers will revolve in my head). I would prefer to exchange the tyres right away.

Yeah I compared the tyre sizes and I also don't see any problem as the difference is acceptable however, I don't want to be the first one to take the risk

Not sure, if you are ever planning to use snow chains!

And yes, everyone is excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Regardless of that, the notion that a tyre with taller side profile is going to improve ride quality is false. There is an amount of isolation that a tyre can provide on a rough surface but overall ride and handling is the job of Springs and Dampers. The suspension tuning is with regards to the tyre specifications the car comes with, if you alter it chances are its going to ruin ride\ handling or both.

For example, emergency lane changes or the day you hit a set of rumblers on a curve with a heavier than factory tyres, you`d wish you had just left the damn thing alone.
What are your thoughts on AT tyres of the exact same size and profile? I will surely be taking it offroading and over-landing, AT will give me the confidence to do so without worrying.
Old 4th September 2022, 01:23   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Further broke it down since we are getting more data. There is a clear pattern emerging as to how Mahindra is planning deliveries of the price protected ScorpioNs. Soon we will have data on the non-price protected vehicles, will be interesting to see if they overlap. They should as per what Mahindra is currently planning
My booking:
ScorpioN Z8 D AT 4X2 Deep Forest. Price protection applicable.
March-April 2023.
SportsMedicine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 06:56   #399
Senior - BHPian

Z8 is the most popular variant, followed by Z8L and then Z6
Majority of the vehicles are Diesel
2 out of 3 vehicles are going to be Automatic
Second favourite colour is not White, but Deep Forest!
Attached Thumbnails
What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?-screenshot-20220904-6.50.50-am.png  

Attached Images

TheARUN is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 08:56   #400

Quote:
Further broke it down since we are getting more data. There is a clear pattern emerging as to how Mahindra is planning deliveries of the price protected ScropioNs. Soon we will have data on the non-price protected vehicles, will be interesting to see if they overlap. They should as per what Mahindra is currently planning
Thanks for including the information. Just to add, I have booked Z8 Diesel Manual 4X4 Grand Canyon Color. You may please include the color information in your next iteration of data analytics.
Thank you once again, you are doing a wonderful job by providing us with some of the insights using Data mining and analytics.
Old 4th September 2022, 09:34   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Z8 is the most popular variant, followed by Z8L and then Z6
Thanks for the detailed analysis. There's a typo though: Z8 is the most popular variant, followed by Z8L and then Z4 (not Z6).

I have booked a Z6 D MT Black (price protected). The delivery is March 2023.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 10:11   #402
BHPian

I'm sure many of those with Z8 bookings will get calls from dealers with an option to move to Z8L and early delivery.

That seems to be the only explanation for this weird delivery schedule.

Mahindra is using every trick in the book and then some.
naru80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 14:48   #403
BHPian

Sharing link of one of the discussion on new age insurers. Considering many of us will be getting deliveries in few weeks, something to watch out for.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...citizen-2.html
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 15:14   #404
BHPian

I booked the Z6 diesel automatic variant in red colour on the very first day of booking with price protection.
I am unhappy with the delivery time since I have to replace my 2012 Fluidic Verna as soon as possible.
Name:  WhatsApp Image 20220904 at 15.07.56.jpeg
Views: 1318
Size:  75.6 KB
shikh_oberoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 21:10   #405

Quote:
I've a price protected Z8 4x4 MT Napoli Black penciled in for a delivery during the window May 8 to June 7.
ayushagnihotri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks