Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: What was your Scorpio-N booking outcome ?
Booked myself & got introductory pricing 44 21.36%
Booked myself but did not get the introductory pricing 46 22.33%
Booked via dealer & got introductory pricing 11 5.34%
Booked via dealer but did not get introductory pricing 34 16.50%
Fake booking by dealer without my consent 29 14.08%
Other – please describe in comment 42 20.39%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:33   #76

Re: What happened with your Mahindra Scorpio-N Booking?

See that's the power of Social Media, we as combined can make them listen if we voice in unison. Just checked, Got my booking updated with 'Introductory Price', faith in Indian Manufacturers restored!
I was ready at 11 sharp to click on that Red 'Book Now' Button but it crashed, after umpteen refreshes, site went online at 11:15AM, did booking then only.
They acknowledged their fault(if there was) and corrected it rapidly, unlike 'Other Brands' which don't even acknowledge their tins having Condensation and Multiple other issues(No offence to any buyer).

That Gone in a Minute can be a PR stunt which may work well now as the negative comments will muzzle with this positive act and may save hundreds of cancellations(other than duplicate bookings).

Went to my dealership yesterday, he wrote my details(Name and Phone No) and told the data is with Mahindra currently, deliveries will be announced by the end of August, it is when specific SA will be assigned who will take the KYC.

Has anyone got his booking done online but got the KYC done?

Now that this issue resolved, their main constraint remains with the production capacity which needs to be boosted, as per their claim of 1Lakh bookings(which may be the actual number now after neglecting multiple bookings), they need to ramp up production exponentially. Lets see when the beast arrives home.
Attached Images

Old 2nd August 2022, 11:51   #77
BHPian

My booking also moved to introductory, fair move by Mahindra, self booking buyers are high intent, aware and influential, a brand cannot afford bad NPS in this cohort
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:55   #78
SDK
BHPian

Just checked now and voila my booking has also been changed to Introductory Price. Kudos Mahindra . Credit where due because frankly I didn't think they would do this.

I guess the poll would need to be reset. The results are no longer valid.

Last edited by SDK : 2nd August 2022 at 11:57. Reason: Edited
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:06   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acquillew View Post
Hello members,

I can also confirm that my booking is now at introductory price.
However, my situation is a bit different. Like everybody else, I had clicked the book Now button at 11:00 sharp, but after 8-9 minutes, when the gateway did not respond - I just left it at what it was and did not complete payment. Called the dealer and he too confirmed that he could not get me in the first 25000. After I saw the tweet from Mr Mahindra, I did make the payment in my evening. Shot an email to Mahindra customer care, and they responded with the 'timestamp being recorded' message.

Today morning, I can see that my booking is at introductory pricing.

Question: Is there a catch here? Did Mahindra use the timestamps recorded before payment gateway failed to update our bookings and bring them under 25000 or have they decided to make an introductory price offer for all bookings completed on July 30?
I am in the same situation. I left the process after payment link went unresponsive. It shows introductory price for car in my cart. Can i change variant and dealer and proceed with same now?
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:07   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
I am in the same situation. I left the process after payment link went unresponsive. It shows introductory price for car in my cart. Can i change variant and dealer and proceed with same now?
Yes you can. Changing variant and dealer won't impact your pricing and sequence.

Last edited by acquillew : 2nd August 2022 at 12:07. Reason: typo
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:08   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post

I guess the poll would need to be reset. The results are no longer valid.
Or maybe, just maybe, this poll, this thread, the numerous tweets, youtube videos calling out M&M for this mess was the reason for the change of heart.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:16   #82
BHPian

Now that booking is confirmed for first 25K, called up Mahindra finance guy to check on the interest rate. He said that 6.99% can be locked till 31st december by paying 3K rupees and will be refunded if vehicle is not delivered by then. Also mentioned that there will be no foreclosure charges after 18 months.

I think it is a good deal. Please share your thoughts as well. Thanks!
alokk0912 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:33   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
Now that booking is confirmed for first 25K, called up Mahindra finance guy to check on the interest rate. He said that 6.99% can be locked till 31st december by paying 3K rupees and will be refunded if vehicle is not delivered by then. Also mentioned that there will be no foreclosure charges after 18 months.

I think it is a good deal. Please share your thoughts as well. Thanks!
Where to contact for Mahindra Finance? I will surely opt for Mahindra Finance if no foreclosure after 18 months.
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:39   #84
BHPian

25K in one min was definitely fake, a marketing trick,

1) Very few got Introductory Price on 30th
2) Today the number of people moved from delivery price to Introductory price is multifold

If we assume actually 25K buyer got price protection on 30th, then going by todays sentiments there are 3/5X ppl moved to introductory price (today), and when you do numbers it seems over a lakh ppl have price protection which is not possible and against all the numbers M&M PR team has shard,

Here is my take on what happened

- They gave Price Protection to <5K or even lesser on 30th
- They assessed traffic and most probably 1L booking number is correct
- 25K bookings in a min Strong PR by Mahindra , successfully generated more interest post booking date
- Today they updated status to price protection for the rest 20K
- Buyers happy, Mahindra got the points for good gesture, win win for all

One can come up with other explanation where dealers having advantage from the portals filled majority of 25K price protection but even the buyers who booked via dealer have similar price protection to delivery date price ratio as online buyers.

So 25K price protection booking never happened on 30th

Last edited by Asoon : 2nd August 2022 at 12:42.
Asoon is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:41   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Where to contact for Mahindra Finance? I will surely opt for Mahindra Finance if no foreclosure after 18 months.
Your dealer should be able to help with that. I got the contact from my dealer.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:00   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoon View Post
25K in one min was definitely fake, a marketing trick,

1) Very few got Introductory Price on 30th
2) Today the number of people moved from delivery price to Introductory price is multifold
That is a very sharp observation.

Let's say if 25k were given introductory pricing yesterday, and now they are giving so many more today morning, the question is, are the removing the introductory pricing from the ones that were provided yesterday, and giving it to new guys today?

If yes, we should hear about revocation of introductory
pricing from some people to be transferred to the guys whose timestamp says so. If we don't hear about revocation, then something doesn't add up.

If they already gave the introductory price to the 25K yesterday. Now we are hearing, about those guys who clicked by 11:01, and were notified today morning, that should add upto 40-45K.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd August 2022 at 13:26.
ajayc123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:20   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayc123 View Post
That is a very sharp observation.

If yes, we should hear about revocation of introductory
pricing from some people to be transferred to the guys whose timestamp says so. If we don't hear about revocation, then something doesn't add up.
I have a different take on this. Mahindra mentioned in their press release that booking time stamp will be honored. That means that anyone who has clicked on the booking tab and moved to payment gateway but could not complete the booking due to payment gaterway error were considered as part of first 25 K. Just that system was showing the data to all of us only after the payment went through. Now, Mahindra has reconciled and updated the status based on the booking timestamp. Their reporting of first 25K booked within a minute or two also would have been based on the booking tab clicks rather that actual payment made and that is why they were able to update such bookings to introductory prices.

One of the item to watch out would be the delivery dates in august end. If people who are on introductory pricing and still getting delivery dates of sometime beyond Feb-mar 2023, then that would be an issue. Till that time, I would assume that Mahindra has gone with their word as per the press release.
alokk0912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:25   #88
BHPian

Will rest my case here, as the above is based on my interpretation of the posts so far, and reality would be different.

Last edited by ajayc123 : 2nd August 2022 at 13:33. Reason: Typo
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:36   #89
BHPian

Anyone here with Z8L D AT 4WD version who has seen a price revision back to introductory price after the initial fiasco ? my booking done on 30th July around 11:18 AM shows a message price applicable at the time of the delivery as 23,90,000/- though at another place, it says price applicable at the time of delivery.

Is it that M&M is not thinking of a price rise for the top end at this point and the price hike could be for lower variants ?
Old 2nd August 2022, 13:41   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokk0912 View Post
I have a different take on this. Mahindra mentioned in their press release that booking time stamp will be honored. That means that anyone who has clicked on the booking tab and moved to payment gateway but could not complete the booking due to payment gaterway error were considered as part of first 25 K.
That is a very basic check, I do not think the counter on the mahindra side was on the click of book now button and on the buyer side booking happened after successful completion.

If the case if as above then their tech team needs to be laid off right away, online payment /booking has become matured with online delivery apps / cabs / e-commerce and drop offs at checkout/ payment is known fact. No one in sane mind would have booking/ order counter on book now button.
Asoon is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks