Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2022, 23:34   #136
BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

In case they did it to get the lines cleared for the urban cruiser hyryder: why didn’t they stop making the petrol one, I don’t think they sell too well either : why would they kill the cash cow ?
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 00:15   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023

Agree that Toyota has not been treating India right and kind of treating us indifferently since their Etios project didn't work out as thought. But...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indepth View Post
poorly engineered Etios cousins
.?
Nope. Cost cutting or built to a cost. Can never say that the Etios was poorly engineered. Way better than some other feel good models that start to show true colours post 5 year/100k km mark.

Quote:
or their lacklustre showrooms
Not flashy for sure, but rest assured you can walk into any Toyota showroom/service centre and feel at home easily. Try that in some other brands. For the flashy showroom, the service centre maybe in some desolate industrial area far away.

Quote:
keeping apart small and third world countries..Rather they are known for providing value proposition in countries like US and Australia.
AFAIK, Toyotas stopped being VFM around the start of the millennia.
Quote:
Not so long ago, Toyota LC Prado used to rival the Ford Everest in Australia. In India I was surprised to see Tfort competing with the Endy(Everest) and outsell the endy
Not quite. Ford took a conscious decision to price and position the Everest as a premium alternative to the 'ute based SUVs', so that it appeared to look VFM compared to the Prado. Ford tried to straddle the Fortuner and Prado segments. In India they simply decided to go bang against the Fortuner instead.
DicKy is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 00:57   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Not quite. Ford took a conscious decision to price and position the Everest as a premium alternative to the 'ute based SUVs', so that it appeared to look VFM compared to the Prado. Ford tried to straddle the Fortuner and Prado segments. In India they simply decided to go bang against the Fortuner instead.
I might rather agree to other points, but I don't think fortuner is/ was priced at par or at premium with Everest in any other markets except India, wherever they were sold parallel. Although this argument is irrelevant since every manufacturer does things differently according to a particular market.
Old 1st September 2022, 08:55   #139
BHPian

Most of the manufacturers are loathe to invest in infrastructure for a host of reasons so they are using various external reasons to justify delays in delivery of vehicles. They are trying to maximize the existing infrastructure to support the newer models they are forced to introduce to remain relevant in the market. Such is my opinion
Old 1st September 2022, 10:45   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
but I don't think fortuner is/ was priced at par or at premium with Everest in any other markets except India, wherever they were sold parallel. Although this argument is irrelevant since every manufacturer does things differently according to a particular market.
The Fortuner is priced at par with the Everest in most markets, except for the Everest V6 variants.

Like mentioned above, the Everest was launched aimed at the Prado in Australia, eventhough it was a pickup derived model. You could even get a base model Prado for less than a base model Everest in 2016-17. But with subsequent sales figures showed they were really fighting the pickup based gang(Fortuner, Mux, Pajero sport) instead and could no way touch the Prado sales figures in Australia.

In India, the Prado was an import and it would have been suicidal for Ford to try that strategy here. So they assembled the Thai spec Endeavour here and priced it bang against the Fortuner with a slight premium, making it extremely VFM then. Ofcourse, there was constant price revisions that made Endy cheaper than Fortuner one day, while more expensive the other day.
Of course stuff like these makes the Ford pricing suspicious.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...l-version.html (Pics: Chassis of Indian Ford Endeavour has less support than the international version!)

No way justifying the crazy pricing of Rs.25+ lakh models in our market.

Last edited by DicKy : 1st September 2022 at 11:12.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 11:18   #141
Senior - BHPian

Seriously Toyota has given such a childish reason? Whom they are fooling? If this is the way they are going to treat their customers, soon they will suffer big way for sure. Can't believe they are doing this with their bread and butter car in India. Toyota currently relying only on Innova and Fortuner and Maruti products, nothing else. God knows what their strategy is.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 14:11   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota India confirms Innova Crysta Limited Edition to launch this festive season; will be petrol-only model.

Name:  20220901_141032.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  45.6 KB

Quote:
Bookings for Innova Crysta diesel remain paused as of now.
Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 1st September 2022 at 14:21.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 10:44   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota pulls diesel Innova out of Indian market due to likely emission issue.

Quote:
Sources tell us that not one or two, but all 32 car samples that can be submitted by an OEM from its mass-production batches to test agencies, have failed to meet the BS VI emission requirements during the COP testing carried out a few weeks ago. A stream of Innovas steadily coming to ICAT were seen.
Quote:
We have been told by Toyota that production of the diesel has been stopped but is likely to restart in March 2023,” said a key supplier to Toyota on condition of anonymity.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 3rd September 2022 at 10:47.
Venkatesh is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 10:49   #144
BHPian

https://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...on-issue-92698

This is disturbing if true. I would expect Toyota to be upfront and honest about these sort of things….
raghuveerk is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 10:59   #145
Team-BHP Support

Finally, they agreed. Can this be valid only on 2,4 engines and not 2,8? Does that explain the continuance of 2,8 Diesel in Fortuner? Can Toyota not introduce 2,8 back on Innova like past?

Sometimes, I wonder why companies try to hide the truth that eventually has to come out. Won't it would have been easier had they accepted this instead of giving this demand-supply customer-centric lie??

Won't this hurt the brand's reputation when you hear something wrong from an outsider and more so when the company has defended itself on the contrary?

Disappointed!!

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd September 2022 at 11:07.
Turbanator is online now   (29) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:11   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of all the manufacturers in India, I find Toyota to be least customer centric. Rather it's other way round.
I don't think so. That too after experience of 2 Innovas both of which had run 2 + Lakh km before being replaced.
They were never pushy during service, did only what was needed and told that these extra's can also be done instead of trying to leverage in the extras to push up the bill.
Quote:
Toyota has taken us for a ride time and again. Be it pricing, poorly engineered Etios cousins or their lacklustre showrooms. The premium they charge for their cars doesn't reflect anywhere except for the famous Toyota reliability, which I personally feel is extremely overrated.
Toyota is pricey, but I did not find any Toyota own product poorly engineered. Poor finish yes, poor engineering no.
Lastly availablity of baby parts used to keep maintenance bills low.

Quote:
Infact, keeping apart small and third world countries, I don't know any other nation where Toyota charges so much premium for their products. Rather they are known for providing value proposition in countries like US and Australia.
They are overpriced world over, case with Australia may be different, but in US etc they get compared Apples to Apples and not Apples to Oranges making them very feel over priced.
If you compare a longitudinally placed engine Innova with a Extra long transverse engined compact car like Ertiga just because of the body shape you are not comparing on equal footing.

Rahul

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 11:45   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Finally, they agreed. Can this be valid only on 2,4 engines and not 2,8? Does that explain the continuance of 2,8 Diesel in Fortuner? Can Toyota not introduce 2,8 back on Innova like past?

Sometimes, I wonder why companies try to hide the truth that eventually has to come out. Won't it would have been easier had they accepted this instead of giving this demand-supply customer-centric lie??

Won't this hurt the brand's reputation when you hear something wrong from an outsider and more so when the company has defended itself on the contrary?

Disappointed!!
After dilly dallying for almost 3 months I booked the crysta a few days ago and have made the full payment as well and am awaiting delivery. But this news which I am hoping is still not true has irked me. An event like this say in Europe would mean unending lawsuits and litigation. Worse - loss of customer loyalty. They should have made this official themselves. Thoroughly disappointed
raghuveerk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 14:22   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Surprised that Autocar chose to report against an OEM without confirmation.. Did they not get this month quota?
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota stops taking bookings for Innova Crysta diesel | EDIT: Back in Jan 2023-img20220903wa0006.jpg  

RaghuVis is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 17:36   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Toyota pulls diesel Innova out of Indian market due to likely emission issue.

Source
Is it just me that the link just sent me to the homepage? Autocar seems to had pulled the news.
Astargea is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 17:47   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Surprised that Autocar chose to report against an OEM without confirmation.. Did they not get this month quota?
I think they have deleted this news item, when I google search, it shows, Update Toyota denies diesel production stopped, but that link is gone too.

Just to give an update after 3 months and 5 days of me having booked the Innova GX Auto 8 Seater Diesel.

Dealer called yesterday and said car is available at some other dealer ( I am sure its my own allotment which he is playing with) and he will give it to you only if 1.25 lakhs worth of accessories are taken.

I say, I will take some which I like but not 1.25 as he wants me to go for wooden finish and what not, that is just not my thing. I opt for Ceramic coating, engine cover, fog lights, reverse camera, mudflaps/mats, anti rust and extended warranty. All this still comes upto a 1 lakh rupees.

He says he will try and negotiate with the co-dealer guys and get you the confirmation and allotment today, haven't received one till now

If Toyota does stop their dealers from treating Indian customers like puppets, Hyryders will be Dryryders in no time. Toyota, I am your customer, not someone who is at your mercy, please have some respect in give and take mode.

Mods: Sorry for double posts, I wrote this post after sometime of making the first one, you can merge them if need be.

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th September 2022 at 21:53. Reason: merged
humyum is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks