Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2023, 14:48   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Safari facelift spotted testing in Indore

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoi View Post
Yikes , the lack of any buttons is concerning. Volkswagen was one committed to an all touchscreen cockpit and now VW is reversing everything because PHYSICAL buttons are better in every single way.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/volksw...eering%20wheel.

Non-physical buttons do not and cannot offer the same level of feedback and haptics that physical ones can offer. Plus, many a times the driver has to take their gaze off the roads to find a specific button.

One of the biggest things that still annoy me about the MG hector is that everything is controlled through the main screen. This means if it lags (which it does), you cannot even control the air conditioning !
Yes, even though there are a lot of touch elements in the new interior, if one notices closely Tata has kept critical functions like volume rockers and Aircon and temperature buttons physical. That is at least in my opinion a good thing as those are some critical touch points in a car.
ergon_9700 is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 14:49   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitesh_Drive View Post
In any case, are they going to introduce the 1.5 MPI petrol engine?
There is no 1.5TGDi for this facelift. The powertrain is still not tested fully. I have never seen any mule with that engine so far.

This facelift will have changes like: ADAS, E-PAS (electric power steering), some bits in interior. Powertrain (Engine) is more closer to Jeep variants now.

Last edited by UD17 : 27th July 2023 at 14:56.
UD17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 14:51   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
There is no 1.5TGDi for this facelift. The powertrain is still not tested fully. I have never seen any mule with that engine so far.

This facelift will have changes like: ADAS, E-PAS (electric power steering), some bits in interior. Powertrain (Engine) is more closure to Jeep variants now.
More close to Jeep variants? You mean that they have made some changes to the powertrain? But I heard they have made no changes to the diesel powertrain.
ergon_9700 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 14:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergon_9700 View Post
More close to Jeep variants? You mean that they have made some changes to the powertrain? But I heard they have made no changes to the diesel powertrain.
Earlier Tata use to have many different components (and suppliers) on engines (wrt Jeep engine). These differences (number of components) are reduced to great extent now.
UD17 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 15:31   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Earlier Tata use to have many different components (and suppliers) on engines (wrt Jeep engine). These differences (number of components) are reduced to great extent now.
Ah that makes sense. This enables them to have a same engine at affordable cost.

Will the new DCT be launched in Safari Petrol as well? Will we see this in other application say Nexon Diesel(Sorry for going a bit out of topic)?
Old 27th July 2023, 15:58   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, even though there are a lot of touch elements in the new interior, if one notices closely Tata has kept critical functions like volume rockers and Aircon and temperature buttons physical. That is at least in my opinion a good thing as those are some critical touch points in a car.
I have been looking for a good time at the scoop pics. But except for the toggle switches on the steering wheel (and the gear selector and drive mode knob), I can't spot any other non-touch controls on the dashboard.
DicKy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 16:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
I have been looking for a good time at the scoop pics. But except for the toggle switches on the steering wheel (and the gear selector and drive mode knob), I can't spot any other non-touch controls on the dashboard.
If you look closely in the centre console and in the bottom part (below the A/C vent) you can make out a toggle switch. It looks like a fan speed switch. Tata recently patented this hybrid Air-con interface.
ergon_9700 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 16:35   #98
BHPian

Hope it comes with paddles! That's about all that's really missing in the Safari.
IanNazareth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 18:33   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If you look closely in the centre console and in the bottom part (below the A/C vent) you can make out a toggle switch. It looks like a fan speed switch. Tata recently patented this hybrid Air-con interface.
Like the one that was patented for the Nexon facelift?

Can't still make out the switch properly, though I guess can see a slight protrusion in one of the pics shot from the left side.

Is there a volume knob too near the infotainment screen? Or did you mean the steering mounted controls for volume?

Last edited by DicKy : 27th July 2023 at 18:36.
DicKy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 18:41   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Like the one that was patented for the Nexon facelift?

Can't still make out the switch properly, though I guess can see a slight protrusion in one of the pics shot from the left side.

Is there a volume knob too near the infotainment screen? Or did you mean the steering mounted controls for volume?
Yes like that one patented for Nexon but I don't think they patented it specifically for Nexon, but for future cars.

In regards for volume rockers, yes exactly I meant the steering mounted volume controls.
Old 27th July 2023, 19:00   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanNazareth View Post
Hope it comes with paddles! That's about all that's really missing in the Safari.
Tata Safari facelift spotted testing in Indore-img_20230727_185818.jpg

If you look closely, there are no paddle shifters. The picture is of an automatic variant. They may come with the DSG gearbox for 1.5L TGDi Petrol engine variants.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 10:54   #102
BHPian

The middle part of the steering looks like a Nintendo Switch and could be is a display screen where the logo may come alive once switched on. I hope it is. If not, it looks pretty ugly IMPO.
On the other hand, if it is a display screen, it could be a distraction for the driver. Will wait for the further expose on what it could be.
kaps1311 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:01   #103
BHPian

What the Safari/Harrier twins needs right now is a better calibrated, tuned hydraulic steering unit if in case they are still hanging on to that hydraulic unit, over to all that glitter visible in pictures.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 11:12   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxton07 View Post
2023 Tata Safari Facelift spied with revamped interiors

Paddles are indeed present and are clearly visible in this spy shot.

Tata Safari facelift spotted testing in Indore-whatsapp-image-20230620-12.47.00-pm.jpeg

Last edited by Babruvahanaaaaa : 28th July 2023 at 11:16.
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 12:48   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
What the Safari/Harrier twins needs right now is a better calibrated, tuned hydraulic steering unit if in case they are still hanging on to that hydraulic unit, over to all that glitter visible in pictures.
100% true. Until the left pull is sorted out, all these gimmicks are like political election promises.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks