Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2023, 12:51   #211
BHPian

Re: List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumedik View Post
https://www.v3cars.com/news/all-toyo...-e20-flex-fuel

Well as per this "official" statement all Toyota cars (hopefully the ones made by MS) have been E20 compliant since 2013.

Pretty confusing !
The Hycross cars manufactured after April are E20 compliant. They have a sticker on the lid.

List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_49a9fa8b0a391.jpeg

But looks like the fuel economy will take a hit with E20.
ashwinikalantri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 10:44   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
In latest baleno manual 2023, it is mentioned that upto 20% ethanol is allowed. So it means that vehicle should be atleast material complaint to absorb e20 fuel.At the same time manual also mentions if driveability is not as acceptable at E20, switch to lower grade blends like E15 or E10. Also manual does not mention anywhere about flex fuel sensor which is crucial to tell us what kind of blend ratio to ECU, so that accordingly ECU can adjust combustion parameters based on ethanol content. Final conclusion seems to be that currently ECU has no way of understanding what type of fuel is being filled E10/E15/E20.
Ok so you were talking about the 2023 baleno (phase 2 i suppose). I own the previous bs6 one manufactured in 2022 which can only take upto E10 maximum. Now with the government pushing for E20 petrol, I am just hoping that we continue to get E10 petrol across the country for at least 15 years from now, till the time the car is registered and road tax is paid for. This however, may impact the resale value in future. Not sure though how things will play out in future.
ar.abc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 12:35   #213
BHPian

Yes. I,am only referred to Latest 2023 BS6 Phase 2 Baleno.
There is no obligation from Government or Oil Marketing Companies or Car manufacturers to supply relevant fuel for 15 or 20 years.
In fact, it is not logistically possible to maintain E10 and E20 separate fuel tanks at most of Petrol Stations, due to space and costs impacts.
What will happen is, eventually E20 fuel will replace all common gasoline petrol by Apr/May 2024. There could be possibility that shell / Nayara / Essar may stock Premium E10 fuel at elevated price levels.
As regards to car, going by user manual - usage of any other fuel blends except mentioned in the user manual will definitely make car manufacturer to reject warranty claims if caused by E20 fuel issues. That is whole reason, i decided not to buy any car unless confusion would be sorted out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
Ok so you were talking about the 2023 baleno (phase 2 i suppose). I own the previous bs6 one manufactured in 2022 which can only take upto E10 maximum. Now with the government pushing for E20 petrol, I am just hoping that we continue to get E10 petrol across the country for at least 15 years from now, till the time the car is registered and road tax is paid for. This however, may impact the resale value in future. Not sure though how things will play out in future.

Last edited by navrddy : 11th June 2023 at 12:36. Reason: typo
navrddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 15:51   #214
Senior - BHPian

Can someone confirm that the XUV700 is now E20 compliant?
Old 12th June 2023, 13:41   #215
Senior - BHPian

Ignis 2023 is E20 compatible, however it has a clause to go back to E10 if the owner faces issues with drivability or FE on E20. Funny and strange.

List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-ignis.jpg
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 18:36   #216
Senior - BHPian

In a follow up to my previous post where I claimed to see a drop in mileage over the last couple of months, I have ordered some Sta-Bil 360 which is a fuel preserver and has an alcohol neutralizer.

I will be using it in the same car for consistency. This car pretty much is just used for airport runs 3-5 times a month so data should be fairly consistent. It should give an idea imof both - drop in mileage is due to fuel aging and also due to increased ethanol content. For reference the regular mileage was 11.xx and now it's at 8.xx
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 07:56   #217

I went for a PDI for Brezza manufactured in 2023 June and the fuel cap does mention - "upto E20 Petrol only"

List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_1857.jpg
KushaKing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 12:13   #218
BHPian

Sorry for being ignorant.
What is the future for the e20 non compliant cars? If and when the fuel stations completely move to e20 petrol?
Old 25th June 2023, 12:57   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Sorry for being ignorant.
What is the future for the e20 non compliant cars? If and when the fuel stations completely move to e20 petrol?
Something similar to this,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...uti-gypsy.html (Real life experience of ethanol-blended petrol, the dreaded villain, playing havoc in a Maruti Gypsy)

The E10-compatible cars having plastic fuel tanks may resist a bit better. But the owner's manual itself says it will damage the fuel system and the engine.

I really hope E10 is available alongside E20. Otherwise, aftermarket treatments/additives would be the last resort.

Last edited by robincsamuel : 25th June 2023 at 13:08.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2023, 14:39   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
Something similar to this,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...uti-gypsy.html (Real life experience of ethanol-blended petrol, the dreaded villain, playing havoc in a Maruti Gypsy)

The E10-compatible cars having plastic fuel tanks may resist a bit better. But the owner's manual itself says it will damage the fuel system and the engine.

I really hope E10 is available alongside E20. Otherwise, aftermarket treatments/additives would be the last resort.
Yeah
I meant what is the alternative?
Is power petrol okay for e20 non compliant cars ?
Old 25th June 2023, 14:50   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopvk268 View Post
Yeah
I meant what is the alternative?
Is power petrol okay for e20 non compliant cars ?
Ah okay! I'm not aware of any such alternatives and am worried about the same. However, it looks like power petrol is already E12. So I don't think we can assume power-petrol, XP95, or any premium fuel is free of ethanol or has a lower ethanol content; two different things it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
Indian oil confirmed the percentage of ethanol blending of their higher RON fuels the XP95 and XP100 to me via instagram. I for one, did not like the 12% they add for XP95. 99% of vehicles sold so far can take upto 10% ethanol only and they have been selling this at 12%.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 18:19   #222
BHPian

I saw a dispenser labelled 'E20' at an HP petrol pump in Bengaluru. So looks like normal petrol won't be adulterated with 20% ethanol at least for now.

The same can be observed on Indian oil site where a separate entry 'E20' can be found listed in some pumps where it is available. E20 can be selected on their search filter too. BLR and BOM seem to have only a small number of them as of now where as DEL already has a ton of them selling this stuff. Funny thing is this E20 is sold at the same price as the standard petrol. I'm not sure who in their right mind would fill this liquid up at the same price.

Name:  E20.png
Views: 1229
Size:  148.4 KB

Last edited by theredliner : 27th June 2023 at 18:35.
theredliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 23:18   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
So I don't think we can assume power-petrol, XP95, or any premium fuel is free of ethanol or has a lower ethanol content; two different things it seems.
I was out today getting my Baleno refuelled. Since the pump wasn't too busy I seized the opportunity to ask the attendant what was the ethanol content in the normal petrol and XP95. It was a IOC outlet.

He didn't know much so I asked him to call his supervisor.

The supervisor said it's E20 fuel. I then confronted him if it's E20 it should be marked as such because the Maruti engines are meant for E10 max. He then said please wait I will ask my boss. He called on the phone and the guy told him the normal petrol is E12 and so is XP95.
He said they only add the additives to the normal petrol later to make it XP95.

So we can safely conclude assuming the veracity of the information that even premium petrol has the same ethanol content, more than what our cars can take.

This is quite appalling and unfair that the government is selling fuel that our cars are not designed to use without causing some damage to them and all this in the interest of saving foreign exchange when we are paying top dollar for the fuel even when the crude prices have been scraping the bottom.
Gupts007 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 12:48   #224
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post

The supervisor said it's E20 fuel. I then confronted him if it's E20 it should be marked as such because the Maruti engines are meant for E10 max. He then said please wait I will ask my boss. He called on the phone and the guy told him the normal petrol is E12 and so is XP95.
He said they only add the additives to the normal petrol later to make it XP95.

Is there any E12 grade ethanol mix? Can any mix be created by just adding Ethanol? Don't we have regulations on what exact mix can be sold?

Any is this real that XP95 is additive at pump level? This is even more disturbing as I don't have any confidence on anything at fuel station level changes.
Old 8th July 2023, 04:19   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Is there any E12 grade ethanol mix? Can any mix be created by just adding Ethanol?
Yes any mix can be created just my mixing Ethanol. Also do not expect ERXACT 10% ethanol in E10 petrol; the actual mix percentage is a factor of availability in different parts of the country, amongst others.
Sumedik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks