Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2023, 12:51   #256
BHPian

Re: List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant

A question Corolla Altis (E-140) users might answer.

The Corolla has a specific made for Brazil 1ZZ-FBE n.a. petrol engine that can run on 100% ethanol. This is a modified version of the regular 1ZZ FE and not an altogether different engine.

Is it possible to do an outright swap job to negate the uncertainty over ethanol here?
Old 26th October 2023, 04:28   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
I there anyway to judge the ethanol blend % by looking at specific gravity or density displayed at the fuel pumps ? Any thoughts
Well not really but you can pour an measured amount of water in a measured amount of petrol ethanol blend to separate the two.

The amount of pure petrol remaining vs the original amount of the blend would give you the actual ethanol percentage.
Sumedik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 07:33   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
. The staff took the invoice file to me and I was surprised to see that it mentioned E5 for normal petrol and E12 for XP95. The staff confirmed that if the invoice says so, then that is the blend they received.
This must be correct, Ethanol availability is also a question in many places. Adding Ethanol will improve Octane value, so that explains XP95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
The Corolla has a specific made for Brazil 1ZZ-FBE n.a. petrol engine that can run on 100% ethanol. Is it possible to do an outright swap job to negate the uncertainty over ethanol here?

Why will someone get such an engine for what 10-12% of the blend? I don't think any pump is going to distribute E20 as standard. Those will be separate dispensers, and we will continue to get E10-12 for much longer. And, as I previously mentioned on another thread, newer 2G Ethanol will mitigate many issues relating to the usual issues we observe with Ethanol.

https://mopng.gov.in/en/refining/sec...ration-ethenol
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2023, 10:29   #259
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Today after filling full tank at an IOCL pump in Kerala, I casually asked the manager what is the Ethanol blend at present. He told that the information is present in the sales invoice from IOCL and asked his staff to check it. The staff took the invoice file to me and I was surprised to see that it mentioned E5 for normal petrol and E12 for XP95. The staff confirmed that if the invoice says so, then that is the blend they received.
Skoda and VW recommends using 95 Octane min but only E10 max for their India 2.0 cars. Only recently they qualified the engines for E20 compliance. So this means both fuels won't meet the recommendation one way or other

I don't know why the manufacturer and Government are hell bent on playing with the wallets of consumer
Old 30th October 2023, 16:25   #260
BHPian

Our Hyryder G CNG delivered in June 2023 is E20 Compatible.

List all cars that are E20 and E20+ petrol compliant-img_5425.jpeg
ex-innova-guy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2023, 17:25   #261

Hi, I got this response from VW mentioning that the Tiguan is E20 compliant however they do not have stickers for it ! How much can we trust this ?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gmail - kind Attn Mr. Abhishek Chadha.pdf (88.7 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by Ambi : 31st October 2023 at 17:31.
Old 31st October 2023, 21:09   #262
BHPian

Hello all,

We were on the cusp of ordering a Volvo XC60 and this thread caught our attention.

Considering that E10 petrol would be available only till 2028 (hopefully, if there is no more advancement of timelines) and that the current Volvo manual explicitly states that their engines are compatible with fuels with upto 10% ethanol, should we instead get a diesel vehicle (since Kerala has not yet enacted Delhi's diesel-vehicle-scrapping rules and we anyway wouldn't keep a vehicle for more than 8 years)?

Also, both the Mercedes as well as Volvo dealers are saying that there is absolutely no discussion happening in Kerala regarding that and they have no idea if upcoming launches are compatible with E20 petrol. Strange times, indeed.
Old 15th January 2024, 03:45   #263
BHPian

With all MS cars E20 compliant from April 2023, any possibility of identifying what all parts are different from 2022 models so that those can be proactively replaced? Don't think they have changed engine material itself or made any major changes. I think it will be specific gaskets, rings, fuel pump, float, may be fuel tank? If so, would it not be feasible for MS (and other car makers) to allow this "conversion" as an option to customers (at customer's cost)?

This is just for the compatibility with E20, I don't think it would be a straightforward task to achieve for E20 tuning (which would require flex fuel sensor, ECU updates etc?)
Old 5th April 2024, 17:52   #264

I checked the manual for the latest C class, and it states that only up to 10% ethanol can be used.

However, I read this article where the MD of Mercedes Benz India said their cars already compatible with E20 petrol. What gives? Anyone here know what the fuel compatibility situation is like for petrol Mercedes cars?
Old 5th April 2024, 22:40   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imminent1776 View Post
I checked the manual for the latest C class, and it states that only up to 10% ethanol can be used.

However, I read this article where the MD of Mercedes Benz India said their cars already compatible with E20 petrol. What gives? Anyone here know what the fuel compatibility situation is like for petrol Mercedes cars?
Hi,

I had a word with the team at MB India back in December. I was told that the cars are E20 material compliant, and was also told that there would be no warranty issues. I think it isn't listed yet as it is not E20 tuned as of now.
B747fan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 22:53   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by B747fan View Post
Hi,

I had a word with the team at MB India back in December. I was told that the cars are E20 material compliant, and was also told that there would be no warranty issues. I think it isn't listed yet as it is not E20 tuned as of now.
Thank you. Do you know if the cars have a sticker or label stating that it can tolerate 20% ethanol? The manuals explicitly say not to use anything beyond E10 which is kind of concerning
Old 5th April 2024, 23:01   #267
Team-BHP Support

Posts no 60 and 61 in this thread confirm the GLC at least is E 20 compliant. I don’t see why the C class should be any different.

See here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5665754 (Mercedes GLC SUV Review)
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks