Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 13:37   #16

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrey1230 View Post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpXr1...d=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

Finally Mahindra has answered to this whole controversy in the most apt way possible. These pseudo “automotive creators” should take this as a lesson that companies will not tolerate such stunts for mere views or to get preferential treatment at their workshops. As it not only causes bad rep for the manufacturer but creates unnecessary panic amongst current owners and future buyers of a car/company.

Also, I have analysed the whole Panwar issue, it seems like the issue arose due to the constant ingress-egress by his passengers—on every other occasion out of the relatively small sunroof of the Scorpio N—which caused the beading to tear due to the friction and fail. Even right before the waterfall incident one can clearly see his passenger hanging out of the sunroof in the video.

I hope this also serves as another reason to not to get out of your sunroof like a wannabe.

Regards,
Shrey
I think I totally agree with you on this point.. the very reason why his sunroof started leaking water under the pressure of this waterfall was that he was constantly having people coming in an out of the sunroof. Although I would expect that rubber beading to perform a little better then what it did in his case, if at all, all this fiasco is for real. (I seriously doubt the possibility). While I am also totally against this practice for the safety reasons not only for the passenger himself but also for the fellow car owners because in case of a sudden breaking the passenger who is standing half out and half in of sunroof can eject out of car encourse injury to himself others get trapped under his car or other car.
Thanks for this group that we can have an educated conversation. Otherwise Youtubers are doing so bad these days.
Aventus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 16:36   #17
BHPian

Arun Panwar has posted a reply to Mahindra's response.

nicodash is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 17:37   #18

Arun Punwar in his reply video to Mahindra has basically stated that, there are problems in the product and that he is highlighting about them.

Admitedly there are initial niggles in the Scorpio N, has Mahindra reacted in the same way as they have reacted here in every other case. If you put a query on the customer helpline: 18002096006, the answers will be stereo typed. Rather than taking it as an affront to the video, they should have addressed the problem he was facing, whether he had made it up or not is a different aspect. They could have found out about it, if they had inspected the vehicle, and it would have required very less effort as they have done now in this instance.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th March 2023 at 17:57. Reason: Spacing between sentences
Cloudfire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 17:55   #19
BHPian

I don't trust him anymore.

He seems like an attention mongering influencer who tried to sensationalise a video by falsifying facts. He has no credibility to me anymore.

Mahindra has kept it classy by neither making any comments on the youtubers video & nor their own video. Very clean, absolutely honest.

I consider ScorpioN as a product is a huge leap ahead to the iconic Scorpio, that it's replacing.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th March 2023 at 17:36. Reason: Toned down
WorkingGuru is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 19:11   #20
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
And here's the official Twitter handle of Scorpio responding!
Gotta love the way M&M reacted to the trolling - sunscreen open, multiple views and cameras, and a disclaimer at the end of the video
Absolutely clean and a befitting reply to that fool. But don't you go to the comment section on instagram for the post. It is pure pile of dump because he has a billion fans and they are commenting there. If only I could "unsee" the comment section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
He seems like an attention mongering influencer who tried to sensationalise a video by falsifying facts. He has no credibility to me anymore.
These are facts. The issue is, only poor content like this sells as we, as a planet, have very poor taste in media consumption.

A proper no interruption, no flashlight, properly mounted camera POV with no music will not sell while "Scaarpio Night Tashan Drive Romantic Saang" 30 second clip will have a million views withing minutes of uploading

Last edited by Aditya : 7th March 2023 at 17:36. Reason: Quoted post edited
vredesbyrd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 08:47   #21
BHPian

There is a bonhomie between these Gurgaon based youtubers community and they all thrive on each other. Now the support network is triggered and others in his friends circle are all creating sympathy videos to support this guy’s cause. Don't want to post further links as it eventually increases their views.
Well the point being again, no one doubts that there are / can be issues in some of the home grown automakers, we have our forum full with many such complaints and as a group. Quality issues are rampant and needs to be highlighted. I stand with every other genuine consumer who is facing any issues but cannot support such careless behaviour.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 6th March 2023 at 08:49. Reason: Typo
swarnava.ch is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 09:48   #22
Team-BHP Support

re: Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak

Mahindra's classy response to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak - Posts moved to a new thread.
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 10:19   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Quality issues are rampant and needs to be highlighted. I stand with every other genuine consumer who is facing any issues but cannot support such careless behaviour.
True. This (ill-educated) guy handles (rather manhandles) his cars as if he has got them for free and when there are issues he acts like a school girl and directly points at the brand by making such videos

Please stop posting his videos in this community which doesn't add any value.

peace
sulliavi is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 11:23   #24
BHPian

It doesn't seem like a fake video to me. Towards the end of the video attached below, at around 11:45 min, it can be seen that all the windows and the sunroof (along with the blind) are closed, and the water is coming down from the speaker.

But it is definitely hilarious that his actions are catching up to him now. If it was some other person, people wouldn't have doubts on the credibility. A classic case of crying wolf unfolding before us.

Still, Mahindra shouldn't brush it under the carpet using PR videos. And to me, that PR video is quite absurd too. No one is saying that all the new Scorpio-N have this issue, so what's the point in making some other model stand under the waterfall?

That particular vehicle in question should be recalled and checked. And if it turns out the Youtuber was indeed being dishonest here, Mahindra should do whatever they find appropriate. But as things stand now, I think this is a genuine issue.

Also, wasn't this pointed out on this forum too? I remember people explicitly having concerns on the location of the speaker, and the manner in which it was integrated near the sunroof.
itisK is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 14:08   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I am glad this idiot posted the picture of his scorpio, because, I usually park all my cars under water falls, so now I will refrain from doing so.
4x4addict is offline   (40) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 14:25   #26
BHPian

I don't think this video is fake. But the owner is an idiot. Sunroof has drain holes that drain water collected in the pan. The water enters the pan through the sides and exits through the drain hole. The drain holes are designed in such a way to handle even the most heavy rains. But these drain holes are small, with a diameter of around 1cm max.

Now park the car under a waterfall and there's so much volume of water falling on the roof, more water entering the pan than what can exit through the drain holes. More water coming in than exiting, what happens you know. The excess water starts leaking into the cabin.

There's a limit to the idiot proofing that engineers can do while designing a car. Well this guy just proved he can go beyond that. I don't believe other brands would've fared better in this scenario.

For cars with sunroof: take a look at the sunroof pan once in a while, clean them, ensure drain pipes are not clogged, and spray silicone lubricants on the rubber beading and mechanism to keep them moving smooth. That should keep the sunroof and us owners happy with the view it offers.
SUPERSPORT is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 15:27   #27
Senior - BHPian

While I am no fan of Arun Panwar or his ridiculous videos (sometimes outright supid ones like meaningless drag races and tug of wars), what is concerning me is the response of Mahindra on this matter.

Mahindra could have very well done to either point out what exactly went wrong in Arun's Scorpio (and how could that be rectified). Also, Mahindra should have taken the existing and prospective customers into confidence that even after all precautions, if at all such mishappening occurs, they can reach out to Mahindra emergency/roadside assistance (like in case of Arun's car the glass of sunroof got stuck in open position).

But instead Mahindra chose a cringy yet cheap reply. I mean, if you are stooping to the level of these overnight youtubers yourself, being a Fortune 500 company, and instead of offering solutions and technical explanation of what happened, you opt to do the same cheap stunts these youtubers do to prove your point, I have nothing more to say.

P.S. Its absolutely and incredibly stupid to get the car showered on a Waterfall ! As insane as getting kids peeping out of sunroof of moving SUVs.

Last edited by DCEite : 6th March 2023 at 15:31.
DCEite is online now   (45) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 16:22   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Mahindra could have very well done to either point out what exactly went wrong in Arun's Scorpio (and how could that be rectified). Also, Mahindra should have taken the existing and prospective customers into confidence that even after all precautions, if at all such mishappening occurs, they can reach out to Mahindra emergency/roadside assistance (like in case of Arun's car the glass of sunroof got stuck in open position).
That would be too old school for Social media

What M&M has done is a fitting reply, one that Social media will celebrate!
Kosfactor is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 16:23   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Like they say for mutual funds, past performance is not indicative of future performance - we shouldn’t be judging this incident on the basis of what he did in the past with other cars. Evaluate this incident on it’s own merit.

I watched all the videos now back to back and don’t see what is the fake argument all about. If this was staged, there would be a camera present when the water enters the cabin first time (refer Mahindra’s video, which was preplanned). He also had a phone, cables etc in the center console which gets flooded. He tries to position the car under this waterfall and immediately moves ahead when he realises what’s happening. At this point, the windows and sunroof are closed.

Even in the later video, he is only emphasising the point that Mahindra has no explanation about what’s happened here - which part failed and why? He accepts it’s a first batch car and there are bound to be problems but it’s the lack of support (or expertise) from Mahindra that’s worrying. Mahindra putting a car under a waterfall to refute his video is very childish for a multi-million dollar company. If anything, fix his car and do it with the same car. It’s like Skoda/VW showing you a working DSG in a similar car, if the DSG in your car fails! What are they trying to prove? If this is due to wear and tear or improper use, please highlight that.

To be fair, one thing which I didn’t really like is, he doesn’t mention if he lodged a official complaint with a nearby dealer. I guess owing to his following he expected Mahindra will come knocking on his door to solve the problem. It doesn’t hurt to invoke the standard procedures first and then take it up on social media if there is no progress.
Dry Ice is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 18:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

My response is an even more tangential and kind of OTT. We are so much consumed by this social media influencer business that it has become difficult to sort out reality vs propaganda. Its best to stick to stories put out be genuine car users who do not have a social media agenda.
fhdowntheline is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks