Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2023, 17:37   #106
BHPian

Re: Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak

The holistic view of the episode -

1. AP went to the waterfall to clean his Scorpio as he did in his Thar last season at the exact same Spot.

2. Yes, he did some retakes which IMHO, was only to capture his content from various angles. Yes, he knew water was seeping into his car & despite that fact he took the car under the waterfall 2nd or 3rd time for the sake of content.

3. He clarified multiple times that HIS CAR specifically has the Sunroof rubber issue & that issue might not be in 99% of cars.

4. Many are commenting here that those DESI boys shouldn't peek out of Sunroof as often as they did but does the manufacturer claims that after X attempts rubber might come off & etc?

5. Anyone will be disappointed if his/her car breaks down but I could nowhere see, AP saying that Mahindra manufactures inferior Scorpio N

About M&M Response -

1. They acted in haste trying to show that their Scorpios have NO issue. But then who even said that ALL Scorpios have the same issue? Oversight much!

2. Finally, they gave him XUV700 as a Loan Vehicle until the current Scorpio N is fixed. So they accepted that one particular vehicle had this issue which needs to be corrected. This was always the issue & had to be addressed this way.

Last edited by catchdoon : 16th March 2023 at 17:44. Reason: Add-
catchdoon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 19:02   #107
BHPian

Quote:
The holistic view of the episode
To add to that, if I may. Arun Panwar (AP) has been making several videos about his ScorpioN for a while. In his early ones (predating the leakgate episode) he rambles about things he hates, as well as, loves about the vehicle. In one of those he rants about the sunroof, and specifically points out the exposed speakers.

I distinctly remember that bit as at the time I was researching ScorpioN, and binging on anything related YouTube (YT) threw at me, cringeworthy, or otherwise. That was my first encounter with an AP video. YT algorithm happily kept feeding me AP/ScorpioN content since! Being a "Newbie" and recent joiner here, I'd like to mention, I'm not affiliated with this or any other "influencer".

Anyway, until the specific leak incident, I can't be sure, but I don't suppose he makes a lot of noise about the sunroof. But once Mahindra retorts, there's this whole bunch of reels and counter arguments start surfacing on YT, some personally attacking him. AP keeps pressing the sunroof agenda - taping plastic on top while driving, leaving the half open sunroof uncovered under rains at home - all the while bagging a car perfume promotion deal, and a top of the line XUV 7OO for a temp replacement car from Mahindra

Quote:
This guy is something else
Mr.Fawlty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 21:46   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinax View Post
A quick question: would existing customers get the new updates (sunroof padding, camera etc). Feeling a little let down for being an early buyer of ScorpioN Z8L :(
My guess would be positive. I’m in discussion with folks at Mahindra regarding this. Will post about it as and when I get some concrete updates.
nerd1200 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 11:49   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

The same man again goes to a waterfall, a year later with a new Scorpio N and few droplets of water still came inside the cabin ?!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1EE9...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 22nd December 2023 at 11:51.
Old 22nd December 2023, 13:07   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
The same man again goes to a waterfall
This trend of gaining attention, likes, and following on social media needs to stop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks