Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 18:23   #76

Re: Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
I sense that there is a deep hatred among forum members for these type of Youtubers. I can understand where this hatred stems from but 'Idiot' and 'Stupid' are not the words I feel like something I'd see on team BHP. Yes, this guy may be immature but he's also a kid.
In what world are 25+ year old people considered children? The YouTuber in question is 28 years (subject to correction).
raginglasers is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 20:16   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Not sure if this leak episode is the reason but Mahindra has now installed foam paddings, covering a large cavity beside its drain hole in their newer Scorpio N sunroof.

Read here.
These foam paddings should be henceforth known as "AP" pads and all future generations of Scorpio-N owners should be grateful to this guy.

Sorry couldnt resist
kochup is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:32   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
Not sure if this leak episode is the reason but Mahindra has now installed foam paddings, covering a large cavity beside its drain hole in their newer Scorpio N sunroof.
So they designed a new part, got the vendor to add the new part to the supply chain and now a production car has it in such a short time? A bit too hard to believe.
giri1.8 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:59   #79

At last Mahindra woke up, sent a XUV700 as temporary car while it took the YouTuber Scorpio N for repairs/investigation which it ought to have done in the firstplace.I had mentioned about this aspect in my earlier post.

I think Mahindra was forced to act by the YouTuber as he went on posting videos on Scorpio N.Let's wait for the outcome.
Cloudfire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 01:52   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
We are pretty much unclear whether the video is fake or not. It's not yet proven. And before this gets proved by an official report we can't comment whether this particular car is faulty or the video is fake. I have seen few videos where they say, the video is fake by showing those charging cable and what not, and few of the Youtubers supporting Arun Panwar. Honestly am not convinced by any of these videos. I will wait for an official report by unbiased professionals who can check the car thoroughly and come up with a verdict.
What I understood from the original video and further analysis videos is that his first attempt under waterfall seems genuine and he was not really expecting that leak( the very short video Dr. has posted in his blog with all wires dangling around gearbox) and he pulled out of the fall immediately.

Then afterwards he tried to recreate the same for more viewership with a staged attempt without even trying to check if there really any leaks on sunroof parts or its surrounding beadings or intentionally left it as is. Now the second time he removed phone and wires as he knew that would get wet.

Last edited by rx100 : 14th March 2023 at 01:53. Reason: Grammar
rx100 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 09:14   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raginglasers View Post
In what world are 25+ year old people considered children? The YouTuber in question is 28 years (subject to correction).
He's 22 years old. Please don't share information you are not sure is correct.
DriverNo.420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 11:46   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
He's 22 years old. Please don't share information you are not sure is correct.
Even if he's 22, he's still old enough to drink, vote, get married, and have kids!!

He has all the entitlements, rights, responsibilities etc as any other adult!
Parth46 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 14:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Even if he's 22, he's still old enough to drink, vote, get married, and have kids!!

He has all the entitlements, rights, responsibilities etc as any other adult!
Agreed. None of what he did in that particular video was devoid of responsibilities or entrenched in entitlement of any sort. Yes, a lot of his content is cringy and stupid but he did highlight a flaw in the first lot Scorpios that other owners should thank him for. Bashing him online because your love for Mahindra knows no bounds is as pointless as making him older by 6 years on team-bhp! Most importantly, its unfortunate that we have this thread on team-bhp titled with the words "fake video" without a shred of evidence to prove its truly a fake video.
Blacktop is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 14:11   #84
BHPian

I watched the latest Arun Panwar video so that you don't have to.

It's too funny.

Apparently, Mahindra was worried that its staff would be beaten up at AP's village. So they took the help of the local MLA, who sent his PA along, and another intermediary to broker peace.

He used this to create more content

Hate him or loathe him, this fellow is the biggest influenza in the Indian auto world now.
naru80 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 16:16   #85
BHPian

What is this trend now a days to kill the messenger. If some one brings a problem, then ridicule that person first, even before looking into problem.

Once a Japanese colleague on India visit said that Japanese people will always give preference to Japanese products, as more users means more feedbacks , which inturn helps in innovation and improvisation, resulting in world class products.

I don't know who this youtuber was, as I had never heard of him before this waterfall episode. So, I was not opinionated about him and hence my first reaction to video was that some problem with his particular vehicle and Mahindra service will simply resolve it. But I was surprised to see Mahindra handling it differently by putting another vehicle under that waterfall. By doing so, Mahindra have fanned the fire and made his video more widespread, as Mahindra have bigger fan following than this youtuber.

But happy to see Mahindra corrected the course and handling in mature and dignified manner, and above all improved the product based on customer's feedbacks, which I believe is right track to become world class.
Gummybear is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:40   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
So they designed a new part, got the vendor to add the new part to the supply chain and now a production car has it in such a short time? A bit too hard to believe.
Impossible. So let's stop associating this video to be the cause of the change in the part. Anyone who is in the industry will know the turn around time of a new feature addition/change from proposal till it reaches the assembly line and then the customer. So either this was already anticipated by the engineering team, or this padding was done for a different reason. But it's nearly impossible to have such a change done so soon as a reaction to a video.
audioholic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:42   #87
Senior - BHPian

While I leave this up to individual choice whether one take their car under some waterfall but even then Mahindra should have not reacted in such a way by sending their marketing team with the car and showing off how Scorpio N can withstand waterfall pressure and no leakage from sunroof. Even if it is immature and deliberate for a Youtuber to do so, company should have acted more responsibly towards this issue.

It has been the case that any bad publicity in social media platforms damages the brand image. I recall how I was facing brake squeaking issue in my Baleno when I bought it new. I posted that issue on Team BHP and within hours, I got call from Maruti service head promising to resolve issue in 24 hrs but they also requested to delete my post as it damages Nexa's service brand image!

Anyways, it's more of Mahindra Vs Youtubers now days on YouTube and every now and then someone would come up with sensational issue.

bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 17:53   #88
Senior - BHPian

May be the particular ScropioN was faulty, may be there is known issue which Mahindra fixed, but end of the day I liked Mahindra's response. Youtuber uploaded video to get views, Mahindra uploaded video to safeguard their interest.
PrideRed is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:07   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru80 View Post
It's too funny.

Apparently, Mahindra was worried that its staff would be beaten up at AP's village. So they took the help of the local MLA, who sent his PA along, and another intermediary to broker peace.

He used this to create more content

Hate him or loathe him, this fellow is the biggest influenza in the Indian auto world now.
You think it's funny that dealership employees were worried about being mobbed in the village, good for you, shows how mature his audience really is and what his target audience is.

I guess you would need to grow up to know the difference between having an audience and having actual knowledge.

Last edited by revvharder : 14th March 2023 at 18:09.
revvharder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 18:36   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
I guess you would need to grow up to know the difference between having an audience and having actual knowledge.
You grossly misunderstood the post you're responding to. They obviously meant that they don't believe AP's claims and that his content is generally crap. I suggest you re-read the post.
Safari Persona is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks