Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2023, 13:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak

Stumbled across this Insta reel -

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpHxi6AAbgD/

Not sure if this is a one-off defect, stunt-sake reel or if there is indeed something with the design - we've had enough posts about the exposed speakers, didn't expect them to be water conduits!

EDIT on 6th March 2023 - Mahindras response below:

https://twitter.com/MahindraScorpio/...24137764950018

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-img_20230304_212142.jpg

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-img_20230304_212158.jpg

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-img_20230304_212120.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 6th March 2023 at 10:02. Reason: Adding Mahindra's response
ph03n!x is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 01:32   #2
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Scorpio-N Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Not sure if this is a one-off defect, stunt-sake reel or if there is indeed something with the design - we've had enough posts about the exposed speakers, didn't expect them to be water conduits!
I was looking at the video and it seems that his Sunroof wasn't closed completely. I've attached a pic where light seems to be coming in. Now it might be a defect, or he might have left that open deliberately to get views. I don't know and can only speculate. But generally, when people go under a waterfall, they do not close their sunshade as they want to show water falling. He did that so it seems suspicious. It might be a manufacturing defect as that isn't completely out of realm of possibility for any vehicle.

Or it is possible, the force of water from the sharp stream broke or moved rubber in there. But the possibility is less.
Attached Images

anti21 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 16:39   #3
BHPian

Owners, please don't park your vehicles under waterfall, or in torrential rains
ExplorerXIII is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 20:47   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
I was looking at the video and it seems that his Sunroof wasn't closed completely. I've attached a pic where light seems to be coming in. But generally, when people go under a waterfall, they do not close their sunshade as they want to show water falling. He did that so it seems suspicious. It might be a manufacturing defect as that isn't completely out of realm of possibility for any vehicle.
Can a sunroof be left open by such a small margin? I don’t think so, but I maybe wrong.

Water coming in from the speaker and mic is something I can’t comment on, but if you notice Number One: Majority of the passenger side seat was wet before he entered the waterfall, meaning he had already done the stunt and Number Two: Who the Hell enters a waterfall with his window open?! Yes, if you notice his passenger side window is half open!!

The massive amount of water that entered the cabin was not from the speaker and mic, but from the passenger side window that was left open! The Driver side of the cabin is dry but the passenger side is wet? Later on towards the end of the video, he slyly closes the window and exits the waterfall.

Notice the passenger side window open:
Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-01a1cbe3a04f4b369c4e8572577c57c2.jpeg

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-4a2394d62f6245b6bdb5cdae1060d17c.jpeg

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-623911ad0b0b43db9ea053df559a6a5d.jpeg

This is just a publicity stunt for views and for defaming Mahindra, nothing else!

PS: Please do not share his video, since we’re just helping him mint more and more money.

PS2: I am not a Mahindra Fanboy, rather far from it! But I can’t tolerate such bs either! You can’t go around defaming a product just because you’re some idiot YouTuber who decides he wants more money and be able to sell his ScorpioN to get a Fortuner in the not so distant future.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th February 2023 at 21:12.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (120) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 22:40   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Can a sunroof be left open by such a small margin? I don’t think so, but I maybe wrong.
Sunroofs can be left open for small amount. I've done it when I slept in my Astor once. With clever camera holding, it won't be visible that much at all. The light is clearly coming.

And every social media attention seeker who does it, does with sunshade open but he closed it. Definitely to hide something.

Quote:
Water coming in from the speaker and mic is something I can’t comment on, but if you notice Number One: Majority of the passenger side seat was wet before he entered the waterfall, meaning he had already done the stunt and Number Two: Who the Hell enters a waterfall with his window open?! Yes, if you notice his passenger side window is half open!!

The massive amount of water that entered the cabin was not from the speaker and mic, but from the passenger side window that was left open! The Driver side of the cabin is dry but the passenger side is wet? Later on towards the end of the video, he slyly closes the window and exits the waterfall.

This is just a publicity stunt for views and for defaming Mahindra, nothing else!

PS: Please do not share his video, since we’re just helping him mint more and more money.

PS2: I am not a Mahindra Fanboy, rather far from it! But I can’t tolerate such bs either! You can’t go around defaming a product just because you’re some idiot YouTuber who decides he wants more money and be able to sell his ScorpioN to get a Fortuner in the not so distant future.

Yup just cheap publicity stunt! Hope Mahindra takes some legal action as this is hugely damaging to their brand.
anti21 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 17:21   #6
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Hi all!

Been getting this excuse on the booking site for a few days now. Any leads?

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-584f2fb63d8c46c6a33d38a339f2d428.png

Quote:
He did that so it seems suspicious
It's arun panwar. Of course it is going to be extremely cringy and suspicious.

Quote:

That man deserves to have his driving license and channel taken away. Same goes for his drag racing cohorts.

There is not a single good quality POV driving video for the Scorpio without garbage music or a person constantly talking over it.

Whenever I search for this, I get the likes of him shoved into my face. I am sick and tired of his trash content.
vredesbyrd is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 1st March 2023, 23:29   #7

Arun Panwar has posted a full video regarding the sunroof leakage on his You Tube channel about two hour back,it shows that the sunroof was closed and the water leaked through the rubber beading.
Cloudfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 09:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudfire View Post
Arun Panwar has posted a full video regarding the sunroof leakage on his You Tube channel about two hour back, it shows that the sunroof was closed and the water leaked through the rubber beading.
This is the video you are referring to I guess, If it were anyone else I could have believed in the incident for sure, but not this guy. No credibility.

I absolutely agree with the below
Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Hi all!

That man deserves to have his driving license and channel taken away. Same goes for his drag racing cohorts.

There is not a single good quality POV driving video for the Scorpio without garbage music or a person constantly talking over it.
swarnava.ch is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2023, 14:24   #9
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
This is the video you are referring to I guess, If it were anyone else I could have believed in the incident for sure, but not this guy. No credibility.
Check this out. This guy is one of the better people on youtube who own a Scorpio N. Add to the fact that he disses panwar too, and he's done it before.
So far, this is the only decent channel for Scorpio N content:

P.S. arun panwar can go eat a fat chunk of DPF gravy for all I care
vredesbyrd is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 07:55   #10

This guy have proven in this video point by point by point how he made up his video for propaganda, how he fools everyone and when rebuttals come out, he comes up with a new story.

https://www.urocenter.in/realityofyoutubers
Aventus is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventus View Post
This guy have proven in this video point by point by point how he made up his video for propaganda, how he fools everyone and when rebuttals come out, he comes up with a new story.

https://www.urocenter.in/realityofYoutubers
Interesting. I wonder how Arun avoids being sued by manufacturers for making up stories. What connections or influence does he have to avoid being raked over coals by their large legal teams?
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 12:09   #12
BHPian

There are holes at the sides in the sunroof housing for water to drain. If it is blocked (by dirt or intentionally), water could leak through mic etc. This happened in my BMW due to a clogged drain over a period of time and all I did was clean it with a thin brush which solved the problem.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 16:09   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventus View Post

https://www.urocenter.in/realityofYoutubers
Here's another video posted by him explaining the events in details. He eventually finds that the rubber seal has given up causing the water to enter the car. However, now I cannot unsee the wire wrapped around the gear level. Hence, difficult to believe this explanation.

I want to empathize with him, but what he did at 4 min 30 sec into the video wants me to give him an earful - throwing the snacks packet outside rather than disposing it suitably. It might seem a small thing in the heat of moment. But small things matter. And being a social media influencer, it definitely matters.
MyLife_MyCar is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 20:31   #14
BHPian

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpXr1...d=NDk5N2NlZjQ=

Finally Mahindra has answered to this whole controversy in the most apt way possible. These pseudo “automotive creators” should take this as a lesson that companies will not tolerate such stunts for mere views or to get preferential treatment at their workshops. As it not only causes bad rep for the manufacturer but creates unnecessary panic amongst current owners and future buyers of a car/company.

Also, I have analysed the whole Panwar issue, it seems like the issue arose due to the constant ingress-egress by his passengers—on every other occasion out of the relatively small sunroof of the Scorpio N—which caused the beading to tear due to the friction and fail. Even right before the waterfall incident one can clearly see his passenger hanging out of the sunroof in the video.

I hope this also serves as another reason to not to get out of your sunroof like a wannabe.

Regards,
Shrey

Last edited by Aditya : 5th March 2023 at 07:29. Reason: As requested
Shrey1230 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 21:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post

Quote:
I was looking at the video and it seems that his Sunroof wasn't closed completely. I've attached a pic where light seems to be coming in.
And here's the official Twitter handle of Scorpio responding!

https://twitter.com/MahindraScorpio/...24137764950018

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-img_20230304_212142.jpg

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-img_20230304_212120.jpg

Mahindra responds to YouTuber's fake video on Scorpio-N water leak-img_20230304_212158.jpg

Gotta love the way M&M reacted to the trolling - sunscreen open, multiple views and cameras, and a disclaimer at the end of the video

ph03n!x is offline   (32) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks