Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2009, 15:44   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
that member was me on ACI and here the link for more details and review of GP 1.4L petrol model
[TAI Excl.] INDIAN Spec. Fiat Punto 1.4 Driven.

source:theautomitiveindiaforums.com
Hi Vijay, you are one lucky guy to be driving the Punto 1.4, I saw you have mentioned that the 1.4 is too slow in acceleration, could you pls pen down more of your exp, & did you get to approx time the 1 to 100?
I also see you have mentioned the rear seats are just ok when it comes to space!. The grey looks stunning to me & much better than the i20 (subjective though)..
Old 25th May 2009, 15:44   #917
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
No. not beige color but the complete dashboard is the same as Linea with black/grey combo.
You are right on that!

The Punto which I saw had exactly the same one as in Linea.
Old 26th May 2009, 07:50   #918
BANNED

A wrap up of the Grande Punto story from "sidgo7" till now

Price and Trim Levels (Page 35)

Punto Engine Option and other details (Page 46)

Grande Punto Colors (Page 46)

What about the Opinion about the 1.4 Petrol Engine of GP/Linea? is this as good as the MJD. I'm Planing to buy a GP and my usage is 95% on city Roads. Please suggest.
Old 26th May 2009, 09:51   #919
BANNED

Shades Available Internationaly for GP

Source
Old 26th May 2009, 10:26   #920

Thanks Wildon for consolidating!!!It would have been hardwork to go through 50+ pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
A wrap up of the Grande Punto story from "sidgo7" till now

Price and Trim Levels (Page 35)

Punto Engine Option and other details (Page 46)

Grande Punto Colors (Page 46)

What about the Opinion about the 1.4 Petrol Engine of GP/Linea? is this as good as the MJD. I'm Planing to buy a GP and my usage is 95% on city Roads. Please suggest.
Old 26th May 2009, 12:44   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidgo7 View Post
medium gray
I AM VERY SURE national launch is on 17TH JUNE!
Good to know that it is getting launched on 17th June. But even today when called up FIAT help-line, they said they absolutely dont have any updates. Why FIAT is not coming up openly and announcing a possible range of dates?
Old 26th May 2009, 13:14   #922
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
That is Way-Of-Working for FIAT. They will give a big-one page advertisement next day the car released
Hope this info will help you.
Old 26th May 2009, 13:34   #923
BHPian

It is confirmed that Punto is not coming with VGT...we will see the same 75 bhp motor. I got the info from my friend who had just came today from pune after getting the dealer classes on Punto. He is a sales manager for Fiat in hyd Concorde showroom. He also have driven the vechile and has +ve feedback .

Price will be known around first week of june hopefully.
Old 26th May 2009, 13:34   #924
Senior - BHPian

Vijaythacker, did you say that the GP 1.4 has poor acceleration!? You damn near gave me a heart attack here. It's a 90 bhp unit if I am not mistaken. Was it sluggish in all gears? Did it take off beyond a ceratin RMP? I am hoping and praying that what you drove is not representative of the real thing.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:14   #925
BHPian

Sid has claimed that the 1.4 petrol is decently powered in his post. This review is surprising.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:14   #926
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Vijaythacker, did you say that the GP 1.4 has poor acceleration!? You damn near gave me a heart attack here. It's a 90 bhp unit if I am not mistaken. Was it sluggish in all gears? Did it take off beyond a ceratin RMP? I am hoping and praying that what you drove is not representative of the real thing.
First of all "vijaythacker" is not the one who TD the Car. its a member named "abhi_qpotsiavs".

Also the original poster adds this too..

Quote:
Thanks a lot frnds. I don't know when I'll go to Ranjangaon again. Yes, acceleration and trottle response is very poor. I find other small cars more peppy. But, since I got down from Optra Magnum and shifted to 1.4 Punto, I guess, Difference was too contrasting.
Old 26th May 2009, 14:52   #927
Senior - BHPian

Wildon, thanks for pointing that out.

I currently drive an 800. So hopefully the GP will feel like a space shuttle to me.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:24   #928
BHPian

Source: DriveInside.com
Quote:
Fiat India Automobiles Limited (FIAL) is planning to launch the Grande Punto in the second half of 2009. The new car will be Fiat’s second hatchback in the country, after the Palio. It is based on the Fiat Linea’s platform and will have 75 per cent local content. According to industry analysts, the Grande Punto has been a big hit in European countries and is likely to take the Indian auto market by storm. With an expected price of Rs.4.5-6.5 lakh, it will have the Skoda Fabia, the Maruti Swift, the Ford Fusion, the Hyundai i20, and the Honda Jazz for competition. The car (both petrol and diesel versions) will roll out from Fiat’s Ranjangaon plant near Pune, sometime after June 2009
Old 26th May 2009, 15:53   #929
BHPian

I was reading testdrives and owner reports of Linea 1.4 and many people are quite satisfied with the performance of the engine, especially in 3rd gear for overtaking maneuvers.

I think that the GP 1.4 will rock! Or atleast, will be faster than the Swift Petrol
Old 26th May 2009, 16:01   #930
BHPian

Any updates on the launch dates? Fiat or Tata who ever is handling the marketing really needs lessons in product launch. Or has Fiat/Tata become complacent with the launch of Linea's success that they don't find the need to advertise the Punto??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks