Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2009, 20:13   #331
Team-BHP Support

The antenna was fitted in most cars that had stereo fitted as aftermarket, atleast in my side of the world, so i wouldnt take that as a sign for DX.
Old 9th June 2009, 20:26   #332
Senior - BHPian

correct lin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Classico

Please see post 322.

All I am saying is to reads the post you are replying to carfully then reply.

I have said the car definitely is a standard car to which ajay has replied "no it is a standard car"

You can see what I mean.

Ajay BTW the link you posted below which you claim to be for your earlier post on the Deluuxe features actually not going to that page but to this page. Please try to be accurate in all respects.
wasif, I dont understand what you are aiming at.I have tried to be accurate and the link is correct ,at least when I click on it it goes to the first post of this thread .please check from your side before asking others to be accurate
Old 9th June 2009, 21:32   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
No, the car is a standard model, only the DX model came with clarion stereo cum am/fm radio and antenna as OE fitment.
also the a/cversion had tinted glass and NIPPON DENSO air conditioner
I didn't get the Nippon Denso A/C part. The compressor is Sanden.
Old 9th June 2009, 22:55   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
We decided not to sell it, i'll let you know if we change our mind.
Please let me know too, thanks!
Old 9th June 2009, 23:15   #335
Senior - BHPian

A White SS80 up for sale. Seems like a pretty original car, a lil tlc, and it will look great.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ml#post1339841
Old 10th June 2009, 11:14   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
wasif, I dont understand what you are aiming at.I have tried to be accurate and the link is correct ,at least when I click on it it goes to the first post of this thread .please check from your side before asking others to be accurate

Ajay.

This below is the link to the second(23) page of this thread wher you post No 17 can be found.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...s80-dx-22.html

Not the one which you posted.Now if you notice they are both.

I would suggest trying to actually see what the other is saying rather then shooting off a reply this is not accurate.

Wasif.
Old 10th June 2009, 13:54   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay.

This below is the link to the second(23) page of this thread wher you post No 17 can be found.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-1...s80-dx-22.html

Not the one which you posted.Now if you notice they are both.

I would suggest trying to actually see what the other is saying rather then shooting off a reply this is not accurate.

Wasif.
wasif,
you are again getting it wrong ,also your above message is incomplete ''Now if you notice they are both.."" .the sentence stops abruptly what did you actually meant to say??
I had clarified that the link was to the first post made in this thread on 30th November 2007 and therein I had clearly stated that all DX models came with a/c and tinted glass. I never ever said that the link is to the 17th post .
so the link is correct and i have verified it also.

It is true that I have again listed chronologically the features of DX in that post. What I wanted to clarify is that the fact that there is no reason for confusion regarding DXmodels. I have a feeling that you are simply making a big fuss about a minor issue.
Old 10th June 2009, 14:03   #338
Senior - BHPian

Never mind Ajay its pointless going on on this when its obvious you are cant comprehend what I meant.
wasif is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2009, 14:28   #339
BHPian

Take a chill pill guys!!

Why are two knowledgable 'classic & vintage' auto-enthusiasts fighting over something so trivial?

Let us discuss about SS80s. So Wasif, are you saying that there was a subsequent model A/C-TG which was not deluxe but had A/C and Tinted Glass? How would one differentiate between the two? Did the A/C-TG have a clock?

Also, what JayD says is right. SS80 DX came with Sanden Compressor and not Nippon Denso. However, it is possible that the Condensor could be Nippondenso. Will check in my DX and revert.
Old 10th June 2009, 14:56   #340
BHPian

Did you all notice the quality of the door hinges on the original 800 -- they were much better than the Swift! Also, the door-brakes were integrated with the lower door-hinge; if i recollect, there was a spring that acted as a door brake.
The doors felt tinny, but opened progressively like most European cars.
Old 10th June 2009, 18:36   #341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
Take a chill pill guys!!

Why are two knowledgable 'classic & vintage' auto-enthusiasts fighting over something so trivial?

Let us discuss about SS80s. So Wasif, are you saying that there was a subsequent model A/C-TG which was not deluxe but had A/C and Tinted Glass? How would one differentiate between the two? Did the A/C-TG have a clock?

Also, what JayD says is right. SS80 DX came with Sanden Compressor and not Nippon Denso. However, it is possible that the Condensor could be Nippondenso. Will check in my DX and revert.
Absolutely.

The original SS80 a.k.a old model came only as a full fledged deluxe and the base standard versions.

Later in the next version a.k.a. new model there was the base standard car followed by the A/c TG which as the name indicates came with an A/c and tinted glasses. Not sure if it had a clock though. Then at the top of the heap was the Deluxe with all the trimmings A/c Clock Stereo etc.

The reason was that as time went by the price gap widened considerably between the Deluxe and the Standard. MUL was getting lots of requests for standard cars with A/c and tinted glass so this was introduced as a seperate model, always refered to on the price lists as A/c TG.

The SS80 actually came with the Sanden compressor. The points and some other electronic componenets were fron NipponDenso. I don't recollect that well but I think they also supplied the instruments on the dash
Old 10th June 2009, 19:06   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely.

The original SS80 a.k.a old model came only as a full fledged deluxe and the base standard versions.

Later in the next version a.k.a. new model there was the base standard car followed by the A/c TG which as the name indicates came with an A/c and tinted glasses. Not sure if it had a clock though. Then at the top of the heap was the Deluxe with all the trimmings A/c Clock Stereo etc.

The reason was that as time went by the price gap widened considerably between the Deluxe and the Standard. MUL was getting lots of requests for standard cars with A/c and tinted glass so this was introduced as a seperate model, always refered to on the price lists as A/c TG.

The SS80 actually came with the Sanden compressor. The points and some other electronic componenets were fron NipponDenso. I don't recollect that well but I think they also supplied the instruments on the dash

This is absolutely true. the ss80 had only the DX and std models, and no 'semi deluxe' as has been mentioned in some previous posts. I knew this all along, but didn't mention it because such is the state of this thread that nobody can raise a point here without a full fledged war following it. Sad.
Old 10th June 2009, 19:18   #343
Senior - BHPian

[The SS80 actually came with the Sanden compressor. The points and some other electronic componenets were fron NipponDenso. I don't recollect that well but I think they also supplied the instruments on the dash[/quote]
I have not seen the compressor of the SS80, but the condenser,evaporator coil, a/c relay switch, vacuum switch,etc were definitely NIPPON DENSO .moreover the SB308 DELUXE version till mid 1987 ,definitely had a Nippon denso a/c,(that was the first MUL car I drove and had it for 7-8 years) and later models had SANDEN VIKAS or SUBROS air conditioning units.
there were lot of other electrical items (other than ''componenets'') in SS80 from NIPPON DENSO like Ignition coil, radiator fan etc...
also i distinctively remember the radiator cap having the japanese markings and NIPPON DENSO written on it.
later models had ''bharath'' radiators(dont have much idea about it)

Alternator was from MITSUBISHI for ss80, later for SB308 it was NIPPON DENSO followed by TVS-lucas .

Last edited by ajay99 : 10th June 2009 at 19:28. Reason: addition
Old 10th June 2009, 19:38   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
because such is the state of this thread that nobody can raise a point here without a full fledged war following it. Sad.
So true and equally sad
Old 11th June 2009, 07:12   #345
BANNED

After going through the last few posts, I think it would make good sense if members give more emphasis on genuine SS80 matters, rather than try to outwit one another.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks