Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 10:36   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
I would request the SS80DX owners to please check and post whether all the windshield glasses are made by TEMPALITE SUZUKI or SAFEX. because yesterday I saw a single owner SS80 whose front and rear windshields were SAFEX, the owner says he has not changed it.
Ajay, my car has TEMPALITE SUZUKI glasses in the front and rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
How is your SS80 btw? Brought to madras yet?
Shyam, the car is in Chennai only but the FC needs to be renewed so not been using it. Where are you Kannan(666)??
Old 23rd July 2009, 14:25   #407
Senior - BHPian

Today this really funny thing happened to me, I got down to take a printout and i realized that i locked my keys inside my lancer. there was this used cars dealership, so i walked up there and asked them for help. While coming out of the delership i saw this white ss80 dx standing there, upon asking the dealer litrally gave me a sarcastic smile(meaning you want this) and said 25K for this one. It was a DX indeed, but some vital stuff were missing. like the chrome roof beedings etc, i did not get much of time to check the car as i was getting late, however i asked him if the price is negotiable and he said yes. The car requires body work (rust), Left rear door has a lot of boils, all the lights are intact. This is all i could check. I will go again in the evening. Should i start at 15k or the price is a steal already? I feel that this dealer might have got this car from some one who just wanted to get rid of it and does not know what it is worth today.

Pramod
Old 23rd July 2009, 20:30   #408
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I will go again in the evening. Should i start at 15k or the price is a steal already?
I think 15K is a good point to start. But make sure you inspect the car thoroughly before you get to negotiating the deal so that you know what all needs to be replaced. Once you have taken a good look at it, then you can start negotiating. Most likely, the dealer will give in, if he just wants to get rid of the car and you will end up with a good deal.

Is it possible for you to post a few pic of the vehicle before you decide on it?
Old 24th July 2009, 10:09   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I think 15K is a good point to start. But make sure you inspect the car thoroughly before you get to negotiating the deal so that you know what all needs to be replaced. Once you have taken a good look at it, then you can start negotiating. Most likely, the dealer will give in, if he just wants to get rid of the car and you will end up with a good deal.

Is it possible for you to post a few pic of the vehicle before you decide on it?
Dropped the idea, Ajay's post was very informative indeed. due to which i was able to find out that the car was not a genuine DX, the AC was retro fitted. There was only one orignal indicator light, rest all were lumax, the tail lights were lumax, the headlights were replaced(some local ones), the doors had the chrome beadings but the roof was missing it. the car as rusted in many places, the only selling point was, it had FC till 2011, the car already had 4 owners and had clocked 98K (according to the ODO, which i highly doubt) The last owner exchanged it for a brand new verna(again i doubt, as the last owner changed hands in 2005). The car is not reregistered. anyone who wants to make it into a hot rod can check this car up. its at popular motors pattom (near vidhyuti bhavan). I am sure there are many prestine beauties still available, and to procure a real timeless beauty like this one needs a lot of patience.

Pramod
Old 27th July 2009, 18:44   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post

Shyam, the car is in Chennai only but the FC needs to be renewed so not been using it. Where are you Kannan(666)??
Very much here Sir ! Thought that I had PM'ed you already regarding the status of my pending FC registration. For all others here who are following that 'story', well, my broker has finally got back to me and said that I cannot get the FC done without producing the car at the RTO for inspection since he claims that the RTO inspector whom 'he knew well' has been transferred and he has not built sufficient 'rapport' yet with the new one ! So, I either wait for him to build the necessary 'rapport' or I can always take a day off and take my car for inspection since it is very much roadworthy. Am still in a dilemma as to what to do now !
Old 28th July 2009, 16:33   #411
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this SS80 during the Mumbai High Tides on 23rd July !
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-image0054.jpg  

Old 28th July 2009, 20:23   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannan666 View Post
Spotted this SS80 during the Mumbai High Tides on 23rd July !
Oh yeah thats two lanes from my house It was one original car before this happened. BMC zindabad!!
Old 28th July 2009, 20:58   #413
BHPian

My SS80 went through quite a few of these lakes. Was none the worse for it.
Old 28th July 2009, 21:29   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
My SS80 went through quite a few of these lakes. Was none the worse for it.
Dude this is no lake the poor car has been taken by surprise when the high tide moved into Mumbai late last week, veer savarkar marg had to be shut down as the sea just surged into all the lanes going towards the beach. Luckily it did not reach my building other wise that would have been the end of my cars.

This is the Park club lane at Shivaji Park.
Old 29th July 2009, 15:34   #415
BHPian

So isnt the road a lake/stream/whatever? All I'm saying is the humble SS80 will probably take it, while the fancier breeds may not. Personal experience.
Old 30th July 2009, 07:06   #416
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Original Maruti 800 DX and other variants of the time only came with Temperlite glass
Also the original AC compressor was a Sanden 505. Later cars came with Sanden 507. Original DX had Leather Seats too.One very important tell-tale hint in a well kept old 800 was the chromium coloured plastic coated hard plastic strips mounted on the 'rain channels' on the roof. And the factory fitted AC was always integrated into the main front console itself, unlike retro fitted AC's controls which used to typically be mounted via a separate box like affair near the ignition key area.
these are small tell-tale hints.
My old 800 DX (Red) 1984 model was a beauty. It was perfectly cool when going through deep floods on the roads - when other cars of the time like Fiats (premier) and Amby's used to stall and kick the bucket on account of the distributor being mounted very low (what they used to call the Delco).
In 1998, when there were some severe rains in Madras, I remember ploughing through water which came over my old 800 Bonnet on the old Madhya Kailash - Thiruvanmiyur Road. Nothing ever happened to that car. It got me home peacefully.
Old 30th July 2009, 07:40   #417
Senior - BHPian

Maruti SS80 lovers,

I come across two SS80 available for sale in chennai, interested people please contact the dealer directly at 9884059032 (Mr.Bharani)
Old 31st July 2009, 11:57   #418
Senior - BHPian

Mr.Bharani has no idea about the originality/features of the 2 cars.
He just says" good conddittion" price Rs.45000/-.
by the way there is a blue ss80 standard for sale in trivandrum .KBT-75.
asking rs.40,000/-(negotiable)
Old 31st July 2009, 12:12   #419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mr.Bharani has no idea about the originality/features of the 2 cars.
He just says" good conddittion" price Rs.45000/-.
by the way there is a blue ss80 standard for sale in trivandrum .KBT-75.
asking rs.40,000/-(negotiable)
Dude, I said he is a dealer so try ask him the details and negotiate, I'm sure they will have a cushion
Old 31st July 2009, 12:25   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
by the way there is a blue ss80 standard for sale in trivandrum .KBT-75. asking rs.40,000/-(negotiable)
Aren't you going for it btw?

Incidentally, could you have any pics. of this car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks