Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 16:58   #106
Senior - BHPian

ss80 colour scheme

electric blue is the company colour name for the SB308 blue shade which came in 1986 and yes it is the same as edmunds before restoration.it is a non metallic shade.the 1987 blue was the greyish blue and it was called BAYER Blue.the bottle green shade was replace in 1988 by SEA FOAM green and a new colour BISCUIT CREAM was also introduced.
SS80 came only in one blue shade and that is the colour of JayD's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I don't think that shade of blue could be called "electric" blue at all (from the name, it is supposed to be a bright, dazzling blue)........maybe you are referring to the slightly darker shade of blue, such as this one:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...uti-800-a.html

The "railway blue" I referred to is quite easy to remember- even padminis came in this shade around early 90s!
Old 19th February 2009, 23:16   #107
BHPian

Spotted this car in Pondicherry recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-vin-066a.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-vin-067.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-vin-068a.jpg  

Old 20th February 2009, 11:19   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, looks nice! But for the mod at the rear! Or maybe it was done to accomodate more space in the tiny boot!

BTW, what interests me are the alloy rims. I'm planning to fit something similar on my car, because it being my regular drive, I want something that'll endure our rough roads better than the original rims, which tend to get bent on any harsh impact!
I've already had to change one front rim and am told the other one needs changing too!

Oh, and JayD chttAn (or anyone else) could you answer my query and let me know the measurements of the rear number plate?!
Old 25th February 2009, 18:32   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
It seems that getting a good condition Maruthi Suzuki SS80 DX(1984-1986) with full originality is MORE DIFFICULT than getting many VINTAGE/ CLASSIC models. BHPians please Take NOTE!!!

Quote:
there are lot of SS80 standards with good originality(some even single owner ones) available in many small towns and suburban areas in KERALA , Tamil nadu,etc. the usual price quoted is around Rs.25000-30000/.
But the problem is some guys who due to their luck/ who have already got hold of one starts spreading rumours like that these cars are valuable and will command 'premium prices' which makes the owners reluctant to part with it.!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post702022

The second post is contradictory to your post in the other thread!

I really don't want to rant out out a public forum, but you are making me do it.I would appreciate it if you would PLs keep your personal vendetta off the forum.

Ajay, pls find me a good ss80 within 25K and i'm sure there will be many takers. PLs change your attitude dude, I know how long u have been searching for one, and that you are ranting all over the place just because i refused to sell mine to you!! And pls note, I never will!!

And about the luck part, I agree, it was pure luck and i really you should go out and try yours too, instead of finding fault with everyone else's.

P.S: about the price part, the rates have increased over time, and finding a good one is quite difficult. i'm sure you know that too!! i've got an offer of a lakh, and still refused. And You may know the person too, so u can personally confirm.

Last edited by JayD : 25th February 2009 at 18:42.
Old 27th February 2009, 10:55   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

I really don't want to rant out out a public forum, but you are making me do it.I would appreciate it if you would PLs keep your personal vendetta off the forum.

JayD, I dont think you need to pay attention to all these(including the Landy fiasco) Iam sure you have better things to worry about. Ok since you are now back in Cochin can you please post the interior pics of your ss80 especially the seats. I need them badly to make a replica using artificial leather. I would post pics of my car once it comes back from the paint shop.
Old 27th February 2009, 16:30   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Oh, and JayD chttAn (or anyone else) could you answer my query and let me know the measurements of the rear number plate?!
Hey guys, the good news is that I FINALLY managed to take the measurements myself today!

I happened to see this SS80 DX (Deluxe) that has come for being done up at the garage where my cars are being restored.
It happens to be in my favourite colour too!

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-bluedx1.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-bluedx2.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_2506.jpg

But unfrotunately bodily not in good shape! Heavily corroded! I hope they are able to restore it accordingly.

I took a tape from him and measured the rear plate- it is 8.5cm long, 12 cm wide.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2009, 19:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

Our family owns a SS80 DX.It was the first car i was ever driven around, and i have lots of memories of it.Its still in running condition with the interiors in very good condition.The quality of plastics,the original maruti sound system and the air-conditioning was light years ahead of what was ordered at that time.The build quality was much better than the facelifted 800 launched in the late 80s.The car gone through a lot...long highway drives criss-crossing the country,Kanha jungle reserve, even rallying.Never once it broke down raking up mile after mile.It has done some 1.5 lakh kilometres.Once a week the car is taken around for a spin.The seat feels so low but comfortable,the twin-podded intrument binnacle looked so unique at that time...with the brownish yellow backlit.

Did i forget to mention that it is cherry red in colour.An absolute gem.
Will upload pictures if i can.A very nice thread and thank you everybody for your contributions to this thread.
Old 3rd March 2009, 08:45   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99
there are lot of SS80 standards with good originality(some even single owner ones) available in many small towns and suburban areas in KERALA , Tamil nadu,etc. the usual price quoted is around Rs.25000-30000/.
But the problem is some guys who due to their luck/ who have already got hold of one starts spreading rumours like that these cars are valuable and will command 'premium prices' which makes the owners reluctant to part with it.!!!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...tml#post702022 (Wanted 1984/1985 Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX)

JayD,
So I made the above post in 22nd January2008 and it took more than one month for you to note that it is contradictory!!!
so it is evident there is something else that made you notice this.
I also dont understand what makes you say all these !! I never mentioned anything about you in this thread or for that matter in any thread .I was just making a general statement!!! what makes you agitated by that?
also I dont understand what personal vendetta I have ???

''Ajay, pls find me a good ss80 within 25K and i'm sure there will be many takers. PLs change your attitude dude, I know how long u have been searching for one, and that you are ranting all over the place just because i refused to sell mine to you!! And pls note, I never will!!'"
And about the luck part, I agree, it was pure luck and i really you should go out and try yours too, instead of finding fault with everyone else's.

P.S: about the price part, the rates have increased over time, and finding a good one is quite difficult. i'm sure you know that too!! i've got an offer of a lakh, and still refused. And You may know the person too, so u can personally confirm.
also please dont tell LIES esp on a public forum.Be honest tell me when did I ask you to sell me your SS80?
I am not the sort of person who finds fault with everyone else, i agree that i have been searching for the SS80 after all I only started this thread about SS80 DX in this forum.Also you have also cleared many a doubt about its features from me.The SS80 ruled the roads much before you were born

I really dont know which person whom you are talking about who made you the offer,please pm his name I will confirm if you wish so!!

PS. the guy in changanacherry (Mohammedian guy) whom you know has recently purchase a single owner SS80 for Rs.25000/- (good car as per his view)
Old 5th March 2009, 17:56   #114
Senior - BHPian

ss80 twodoor

see these photos it is from some french city ss80 2 door
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-photo20078.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-photo20080.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-photo20081.jpg  

ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2009, 19:11   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With all those ugly add-ons I thought it was a local sighting! The rear end has a conventionally opening hatch if you notice, looks rather bulky.

The regn. may be Swiss.
Old 6th March 2009, 18:34   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Nice find Ajay! Wonder why this kind of hatch door was not carried over in the Indain model.
Old 6th March 2009, 20:02   #117
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
Nice find Ajay! Wonder why this kind of hatch door was not carried over in the Indain model.
I actually loved the Indian-design hatch, where only the glass opened. I don't think I've seen another car on these roads with this. Not practical, but cool (in my eyes at least!)

I miss my dad's choco brown '86 - TME 9677 was the registration I believe. If someone spots it on Chennai roads, please snap a pic for me!
Old 6th March 2009, 20:28   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice View Post
I actually loved the Indian-design hatch, where only the glass opened. I don't think I've seen another car on these roads with this. Not practical, but cool (in my eyes at least!)

I miss my dad's choco brown '86 - TME 9677 was the registration I believe. If someone spots it on Chennai roads, please snap a pic for me!
Frankly I liked the indian design too. I think TME is a 1985 registration or probably it spilled over to 86 also. I'll try and look out for your dads car because the first thing I do as soon as I spot a SS80 car is look at the registration plate and guess its model.
Old 7th March 2009, 17:58   #119
Senior - BHPian

ss80 parts

stanher, jai3033,
please do get hold of all the NOS SGP (suzuki genuine parts) that you can locate,because they are fast disappearing from the inner shelves. the places you can find them are old maruthi service centres, old spare shops,etc.
Old 7th March 2009, 18:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

I agree, the indian version looks much much better. But i guess the foreign variants had more equipment and better interiors.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks