Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2008, 20:49   #196
Senior - BHPian

Gurus, After a week of finding a Auto Used Car Buyer, Settled my Alto with MyTVS in Salem, Since I had a TN Alto. Now have 1.5Lacs on my hand and going to book my Indigo CS Dicor. - MAJOR CONFUSION- Please help.

After spending a few hours on tBHP threads, not decided on which TATA Dealer in bangalore. - Concorde, Manipal or Prerana.

All threads have some major FOUL Mouthing each of these 3.

TSK, if you are reading this - Please advise one good dealer in Bangalore along with details of TATA Motors Regional Office in bangalore (in case of escalations).

Note - None of these 3 are offering even a Paisa discount on the Dicor CS, I dont have a problem, just that funny to see this Artificial DEMAND for TATA to imitate the Swift DDIS.

So guys, in case you know anyone personally in any of these dealers, please let me know. I dont want Lemonade this early in my life... if you know what I mean.

Last edited by svsantosh : 14th May 2008 at 20:50.
Old 18th May 2008, 10:30   #197
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

You can follow my CS Dicor Experience here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post832314

It should be a running report.
Old 27th May 2008, 18:25   #198
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I'm new to Team-BHP forum. So Mods, if my question is not related to this thread please move it to appropriate thread.

I'm planning to upgrade from my Old zen (98 model) to Tata Indigo CS or Fiat Palio MJD. But I'm very much confused between these two.

I was in love with palio when our family had it in 2000. But what makes me to think twice about palio is it's A.S.S and spare parts availability.

Whereas in Indigo CS I'm not very much sure about their Dicor engine and niggling problems. If I'm right i think service and spare parts availability of Tata's are satisfactory.

I don't consider Maruthi Swift or Dzire because I can't wait for six months to get my new car

I would request the owners of Indigo and Palio to help me out in this issue.

And I'm very happy to be part of this wonderful forum.
Old 27th May 2008, 20:33   #199
BANNED

@ sridharj
Palio MJD is good choice, but only minus is Fiat name, which scares me. I have met few palio owners in coimbatore getting ready to search for spares. especially a person is searching for crank shaft, which he has to book in advance. and have to come from mumbai. overall palio is good car. but as you say, the spares price and availabilty always is a big question in my mind. But A.S.S may have improved, since it is in hands of Tata now.

indigo CS is my choice. spares and service is cheap compared to palio. since most indigo spares are shared with indica. so you can be feel secured of spares and service for years to come. Only thing you have to decide is the performance.!!
Old 27th May 2008, 21:31   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharj View Post
I don't consider Maruthi Swift or Dzire because I can't wait for six months to get my new car
Six months? Its not more than a month down here.

Indigo CS is excellent value for money, and looks better than the regular Indigo, IMO.
Old 27th May 2008, 22:03   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Indigo CS is excellent value for money, and looks better than the regular Indigo, IMO.
No offense to owners or Indigo lovers, The car interiors is made of really pathetic quality materials. There is no fit and finish. I know Maruti interiors are bad, but this is more worse than my car.

The rubber parts, switches, dash etc are very badly made. I am not sure if this was only felt on my test drive car. The interiors of IndigoXL felt much better in comparision.
Old 27th May 2008, 23:40   #202
Senior - BHPian

Ajo saab.

Not really. My bro's indica has aged decently. 1.5 years now. Some 32-33k on odo.

True quality is ONLY Fabia.

Swift itself has decent plastic, but which is ok only - nothing really great.
XL is better yes, but that ways, any GM car - esp UVA seems fabulously put together.
Old 28th May 2008, 12:11   #203
BHPian

I have an Indica from 2004, nothing has broken off so far, initially I was put off by the quality of the switchgear - wiper control/stalks, light controls etc, but they have withstood the test of time so far. The dashboard was gray to start off and is still gray - no discoloration , I only do an interior clean up/polish once a year.

The rubber beadings though of poor quality finish still hang on , nothing has come loose.

I can only assume that the quality levels have improved since 2004 to the current
Old 28th May 2008, 12:17   #204
Senior - BHPian

mine black interiors have become gray. but they were left in the hot sun for several months
Old 28th May 2008, 13:23   #205
BHPian

@ Crazy Driver

Are you sure that the waiting period of Dzire is one month in Trivandrum.If so, may i know which dealer. I enquired here in Chennai, Coimbatore and Madurai but everybody says it's a waiting period of 7 months to one year
Old 28th May 2008, 15:21   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Six months? Its not more than a month down here.
I would be surprised if that is happening. Here in Pune, the dealers say the same 5-6 months waiting period, especially for the diesels.
Old 28th May 2008, 15:54   #207
BHPian

Dear Ajo bhai,

My observation here comes from owning an Indica V1 DLX (1.33lac kms ) & an Indica v2 Turbo DLG (14.5k kms) - apart from the rough & weathered look of the rubber & plastics - they have held good ground after all this wear & tear.

With the experience mentioned above, they serve me well.

Like most things in life, if cared for - the TATA interiors also respond accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
No offense to owners or Indigo lovers, The car interiors is made of really pathetic quality materials. There is no fit and finish. I know Maruti interiors are bad, but this is more worse than my car.

The rubber parts, switches, dash etc are very badly made. I am not sure if this was only felt on my test drive car. The interiors of IndigoXL felt much better in comparision.
Old 28th May 2008, 18:04   #208
Senior - BHPian

I have never felt the other Tata cars had very bad interiors. I was only unhappy with the CS. Not sure if it was to do with that particular piece. Indica and regular Indigo is better. (XL is the best).

The tata emblem on the steering, a small ticket holder in the center, door cladding, locks etc are some of the places Tata has gone overboard with cost cutting on the CS.

I checked Nitrous's Safari and wasnt pleased with it either. I am sure Nitrous wouldnt mind paying 20-25K more for better interiors. Its the company's flagship model and at that price-band better plastics shouldnt be a luxury.
Old 28th May 2008, 18:53   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I checked Nitrous's Safari and wasnt pleased with it either. I am sure Nitrous wouldnt mind paying 20-25K more for better interiors. Its the company's flagship model and at that price-band better plastics shouldnt be a luxury.
Yes you are right. But still, i feel like I missed this beast. Especially with those petrol price hike news in the corner.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks