Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2008, 15:33   #181
Senior - BHPian

Panic braking @ 160!!!!!
Panic at high speeds most often results in disaster. Panic while driving generally may put other road users at risk as well. And like 1100D said, it sure will upset most cars.
Old 27th April 2008, 21:53   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Panic braking @ 160!!!!!
Panic at high speeds most often results in disaster. Panic while driving generally may put other road users at risk as well. And like 1100D said, it sure will upset most cars.
since you asked let me explain what I went through, Its not a skid, not a over/under steer, some thing totally unexpected.

Note - I had no one upfront and begind a few kms, Its was a LONG Straight on the GQ, something rare in Cities.

Have you guys seen a childs play in local fairs that run on out OUT OF ROUND rims to produce a UP-Down- Up-Down effect. Exactly like that - when I tried to brake with THAT Extra power the vehicle started wobbling verticaly, up-down-up-down VIOLENTLY. Trust me, I have tried all sort of STRESS TESTING from a 800, Omni, to a Swift DDIS-170KMPH on a straight road.

But the Suspension of the Indica has some serious undercapability for such a powerful engine. Probably the stock tyres/rim combo did IT IN aswell.

Guys, Lets discuss more on this if needed, Still awaiting to RIP the CS DICOR With that extra BOOT KGS!!
Old 28th April 2008, 12:51   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Panic braking at 160+ would upset many a car even segments above the one in question. Why one needs more power is not only to explore the topmost speed one can attain, but how soon the car changes momentum when you press that A pedal. There are a lot of cars in the Indica category that doesn't even exhibit the same stability at triple digit speeds as does the Indica let alone panic braking from 160+.
I dont understand your expectation of a Merc performance in a Indica, that too paying only 15% of the price.

you get what you pay for!!!!!!!!!
Old 1st May 2008, 12:26   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
I dont understand your expectation of a Merc performance in a Indica, that too paying only 15% of the price.

Great point, Noted - but I have FAR better and safer feeling braking my alto at 130-140 in its hay days. After 5 years it doesnt go beyond 125 now a days, and of course I lost the need to try such speeds on My car.

Point is, is there something inherenetly wrong in that(tata) car, is it a case of weak suspension for a powerful car, or tyres, God knows, until someone tries what I went through again.
Old 1st May 2008, 17:47   #185

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Well I dont know abt the Dicor cos i havent driven one, but have pushed a Indigo 1.4ltr petrol to its limits and although struggled to reach close to 160 as the engines were crying for mercy, the braking was decent and on expected lines. It was on the softer side but never uncontrollable and at the speeds i was doing previous experiences made me sensible about the braking limits of a 6 lac car.

What suprises me is that the claims Alto did a lot better, cos that used to be my car and no way its stable at those speeds under braking. Mine was a write of due to my own negligence, but the alto doing 160 and being stable at the same time is asking too much, trust me.
Old 1st May 2008, 19:53   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post

Did you wrongly quote my message. If not, please go through my quote once more, you will realise that I am not the one expecting likewise.

Whan is the new Indica hitting the showrooms, last I knew it should have been launched by now.

Last edited by 1100D : 1st May 2008 at 20:13.
Old 1st May 2008, 22:30   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whan is the new Indica hitting the showrooms, last I knew it should have been launched by now.
@1100D- There are lot of talks of June- July launch. I also heard that Tata
is planning to launch a car placed between Nano & Indica. Seems like Tata
is on a roll. I hope they launch a new engine something like 1.2l DICOR in it.I know im asking too much.
Old 1st May 2008, 23:49   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
@1100D- There are lot of talks of June- July launch. I also heard that Tata
is planning to launch a car placed between Nano & Indica. Seems like Tata
is on a roll. I hope they launch a new engine something like 1.2l DICOR in it.I know im asking too much.
i agree,i also heard that they will be launching it in june july.
but i have one question in mind, will the existing indica continue,or is it a new model under the indica brand??
Old 2nd May 2008, 04:44   #189

I think the existing Indica will continue cos the newer model will cost considerably more and therefore wont focus on the lower rungs of the market.
The present Indica despite nearing its 10th birthday is a very strong player in the market, and one cant complain when we have car maker still churning out models that are older than the cos. themselves.

How about calling it the new TATA Indica grande
Old 2nd May 2008, 10:50   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh Yes, but I was more eager for them to have the 1.4l 16valve 100bhp engine being comissioned for non-XL duty as well. Seems like the team of Tata motors handline that engine has been sent on an indefinite leave. Or is it a collateral damage (?) of teaming up with Fiat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
True, I am sure there are lot more TATA fans awaiting a 100HP Affordable package, just like me awaiting a DICOR one.
The idea behind introducing the CS was to exploit the excise policy feature that favours cars shorter than 4 meters PROVIDED the engine does not exceed 1200 CC in case of petrol and 1500 CC in case of diesel.
100 HP 1.4L CS will attract 24% excise instead of 12% and so the package becomes less affordable.

Quote:
@1100D- There are lot of talks of June- July launch.
They had been talking about Oct-Dec launch earlier.

Quote:
I also heard that Tata
is planning to launch a car placed between Nano & Indica.
When the new Indica is launched, the existing Indica automatically gets slotted between the Nano and New Indi.

Last edited by directinjection : 2nd May 2008 at 10:53.
Old 2nd May 2008, 22:32   #191
BHPian

Quote:
What suprises me is that the claims Alto did a lot better, cos that used to be my car and no way its stable at those speeds under braking. Mine was a write of due to my own negligence, but the alto doing 160 and being stable at the same time is asking too much, trust me.
I fully agree, and how exactly do you get an alto up to 160?
Old 3rd May 2008, 10:40   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
When the new Indica is launched, the existing Indica automatically gets slotted between the Nano and New Indi.
The present Indica will continue but there is another small car the x4 planned by Tata. Tata’s new small car the X4 | Straight Frm The Heart
Old 3rd May 2008, 14:18   #193

I 'think' Tata is going to pull a smart one,
Once the Nano and the New Indica hits the streets, they might do a reskin job on the present Indica, effectively giving them three new models in the compact car segment, starting from 1lac going all the way to 6 lacs.
Looking at what they did to the Sumo this is what i feel.
Old 3rd May 2008, 14:32   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The present Indica will continue but there is another small car the x4 planned by Tata. Tata’s new small car the X4 | Straight Frm The Heart
I just hope that BMW is not planning any model with that name. We certainly don't want TATA to pay unnecessary money for using BMW's product name. X3/X5...X4?
Old 4th May 2008, 02:51   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I just hope that BMW is not planning any model with that name. We certainly don't want TATA to pay unnecessary money for using BMW's product name. X3/X5...X4?
Thats the internal designation, will not appear on the final product.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks