Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2008, 17:57   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicejits View Post
one between Swift LDi and Indigo CS ( diesel ) which one shd he pick ?
I think one shouldnot compare two based on just mileage- swift ldi is much more refined than TCIC engine- a lot of other parameters also need to be considered- so better compare apples to apples(CS to logans) :-) . Real estate people who travel a lot may consider CS better option than the indica hatchback. I have seen here in hyderabad lots of real estate folks using diesel indicas and their usual running will be something like 3-4K per month .
Old 31st January 2008, 21:15   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I think one shouldnot compare two based on just mileage- swift ldi is much more refined than TCIC engine- a lot of other parameters also need to be considered- so better compare apples to apples(CS to logans) :-)
Don't think you can compare the engines on the Logan and Indigo either. The NVH levels and low gear response on the Logan are better than the Indigo IMHO. Can't comment on the CS as I haven't driven it.
Old 31st January 2008, 23:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
Don't think you can compare the engines on the Logan and Indigo either. The NVH levels and low gear response on the Logan are better than the Indigo IMHO. Can't comment on the CS as I haven't driven it.
Yeah, the Renault diesel engine is much much better then the Tata's diesel engine. Howevever as far as VFM goes, the Indigo CS has the competition sweeped.
Old 1st February 2008, 00:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yeah, the Renault diesel engine is much much better then the Tata's diesel engine.
but but but all the logans till now i have driven (3 till now) have a very very hard accelerator and one has to stand on it to press it fully. Tata's was much better. Gear shift in both the cars is same. Throttle response was a bit better in logan at low end but the hard accelerator puts one off!
Old 1st February 2008, 00:43   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

jk,

I take it that you're seriously considering the CS as your post-marriage ride.
Old 1st February 2008, 01:21   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
but but but all the logans till now i have driven (3 till now) have a very very hard accelerator and one has to stand on it to press it fully.
next time you drive a logan, just see where the footmat is. you can call it a design flaw. the footmat on the driver side comes in between the accelerator pedal and the car's body. i had to literally cut my driver side footmat into half just to avoid this.
Old 1st February 2008, 03:06   #127

Maruti is not using its own engine and charging a premium for a smaller car. Indigo CS certainly more VFM and moresoever only if your running is more than 3000Km's/ month one should think about spending more cause in the first active five years none of the engines will die out hence it will be almost equal expediture in terms of repairs and service and thirdly if you really want to buy an engine as refined as the Swift diesel wait for daddy Fait's palio new diesel with the same engine and about the same price of indigo CS
Old 1st February 2008, 08:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Yeah, the Renault diesel engine is much much better then the Tata's diesel engine. Howevever as far as VFM goes, the Indigo CS has the competition sweeped.
It sure looks built better than Logan. Note sure about the engine part though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
but but but all the logans till now i have driven (3 till now) have a very very hard accelerator and one has to stand on it to press it fully. Tata's was much better. Gear shift in both the cars is same. Throttle response was a bit better in logan at low end but the hard accelerator puts one off!
Logan owners should make a note of this.

Cutting a rubber mat makes Logan a bit Peted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
jk,

I take it that you're seriously considering the CS as your post-marriage ride.
No, next car will be atleast 75bhp plus .
Old 1st February 2008, 09:12   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer_dg View Post
The sales execs claim an avg of 20kmpl and above. As far as driving is concerned it is very sluggish. But overall for the price and for someone who is okay buying an Indica I would recomend buying a cs. Its good for the money.
What I would love to see is a CS with a Fiat 1.3 ++ CRDI engine priced at 5.3 on road. Dont know how far this is.
ditto here as far as the Fiat 1.3 is concerned. the present engine is too sluggish up to 2000 rpm and too harsh after 3000 rpm. oterwise an OK car esp at the price. CS costs 4.45 ex showroom goa
Old 1st February 2008, 09:35   #130
BHPian

Here are some snaps I took at a dealer. Coudnt take front view though..

Old 1st February 2008, 11:04   #131
Senior - BHPian

Akash_m - No front pics?

Quote:
all the logans till now i have driven (3 till now) have a very very hard accelerator and one has to stand on it to press it fully.
No wonder, the Logan can do Mumbai to Delhi on one tank full
Old 1st February 2008, 11:35   #132
BHPian

@ BUSA, The dealer didnt let me take the front pics. But the car looked identical to the Xeta version of the Indica family..
Old 4th February 2008, 09:26   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtyfaction View Post
i feel exactly opposite. Tata has done better job in integrating boot to CS than the old Indigo.
I agree with you. the CS definitly better looking than the Indigo. as far as mileage is concerned since it has the same weight and engine of the TDI there should not be any appreciable difference between the two
Old 5th February 2008, 07:49   #134
BANNED

Why the steering is T-shaped ?
It looks odd to me when compared to other cars !

Note from Moderator - Please do not directly link to images on other websites. Use imageshack or another service to host the image if you must. Also, please provide a link to the original source of the image.

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th February 2008 at 21:07. Reason: Hi, please see the note in your post.
Old 5th February 2008, 09:13   #135
Senior - BHPian

the steering design has been changed to this one after the recent face lift for the indigo. I'd much rather have the older 4 spoke one than this horrible looking thing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks