Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 22:22   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
I can easily cross bumps in my NHC in second gear
Aparth: You need to see Bangalore bumps. NHC is not a very practical option if you drive in Bangalore
Old 30th March 2010, 22:31   #227
agm
BHPian

For me it has to be Indica & Santro
Old 30th March 2010, 22:32   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
What do you say about Wagon R?
Haven't driven one yet.I'm assuming similar tall-boy design as Santro's accounts for an equally hairy experience at high speeds! Also gets severely affected by crosswinds,hard to keep in a straight line.Same goes for the M800.
Old 30th March 2010, 22:57   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhasin View Post
Aparth: You need to see Bangalore bumps. NHC is not a very practical option if you drive in Bangalore
Im gonna have to eat my own words. My NHC does touch the speed breakers when 3 or more people are sitting in it.
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2010, 23:08   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Haven't driven one yet.I'm assuming similar tall-boy design as Santro's accounts for an equally hairy experience at high speeds! Also gets severely affected by crosswinds,hard to keep in a straight line.Same goes for the M800.
Wagon-R is even Worse. But these tallboys are made for a purpose and price. Good to know that the newer cars from Maruti stable i.e Ritz and A-Star are nice to drive.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:12   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
For me it has to be Indica & Santro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Santro it is,unstable and steering feels scarily light at high speeds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
Next worst ever car driven by me - Santro
So many people hate santros?

I own a santro xing and yes i do agree it is unstable at high speeds, other than that, i dont think there's anything that is not good about the car.
The only difference that i feel in the Swift is that it is stable at high speeds and the sporty driving position.

P.S- I've done 158kmph on my santro(check my garage) and it managed to handle pretty good.

Last edited by akshay_b : 30th March 2010 at 23:14.
Old 30th March 2010, 23:33   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
So many people hate santros?

I own a santro xing and yes i do agree it is unstable at high speeds, other than that, i dont think there's anything that is not good about the car.
The only difference that i feel in the Swift is that it is stable at high speeds and the sporty driving position.

P.S- I've done 158kmph on my santro(check my garage) and it managed to handle pretty good.
Ive driven a Santro Xing which showed 180kmph on the speedo. It wouldnt have been going more than 140km/h. And it was far from stable. Compare it to the Palio, Old Zen, and you could make out the difference.

Worst car ive driven is an old Santro when i was learning to drive.

Last edited by Grafin : 30th March 2010 at 23:35.
Old 31st March 2010, 00:38   #233
Senior - BHPian

I have driven the first gen Indica diesel, do I have to say more?
Old 31st March 2010, 03:44   #234
BHPian

Worst car? Well 1986 Vintage family ambassador (which still exists - but spends most of the time in workshop though) - It had a floor gear which had such long throws between gears that slotting the correct gear was more of an art than anything else!!
Old 31st March 2010, 08:41   #235
BHPian

Tata Indica (First generation).Pathetic engine and gearbox. Drives like an experimental car. The second biggest let down was Skoda Octavia(Hugely underpowered). I did had huge expectations till I drove one(After all we,Indians are paying more than 10 lakhs for one).After driving my Swift diesel , now I feel Santro also not upto the mark.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:15   #236
BHPian

Premier Padmini 137D - Truly Worst!

- Had to stand and put my bodyweight on the brakes for the car to stop!
- During the rains, any water touching hot parts would steam up into the cabin for my facial beauty treatment!
- Needed some serious bisceps to muscle that car around!
Old 31st March 2010, 09:33   #237
BHPian

I think it makes sense to comment about a car which is currently in production or say at least not more than 3-5 years old. There is no point driving a vintage car in the current scenario and saying it is the worst. May be it was the best available at that time.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:52   #238
Senior - BHPian

1) Tata indica- the car takes ages to reach a respectable speed. the dashboard is set at a height to compete with Mt. Everest. the steering wheel is more mechaninc friendly than driver friendly. squeaks & rattles are standard accessories with the car. whats the hell does NVH mean??? plastic & switch quality of a playstation seems far better. apart from space, nothing good in this car.

2) Tata sumo- this car whilst rolling sings "i am a disco dancer". it's moves & mannerisms indicate the same. styling is inspired from G wagon but surprisingly, the sumo looks like the G wagon's great grandfather! steering feedback... what's that? as long as the car is going straight, let the steering behave the way it wants. and does the car really have brakes?

3) Toyota Innova- surprised??? i know many will think i am crazy, but guys- this is what i feel. the seats are not just designed for me. i get a backache if i sit for more than a hour on them. again, the dashboard is like indica's. i can just see the wipers, not good for city traffic. the steering & seating can never be adjusted to my comfort. the innova's suspension does not bounce but rocks sideways & both the left & right armrests are rock hard! so hard that it hurts both my elbows. so i prefer keeping both my hands on the steering wheel & after a while, my hand starts paining. the acceleration is very lethargic & also very jerky, no matter how careful i am. actually its not the worst car i have driven but its the biggest DISAPPOINTMENT i have had. all this is not expected of a car which costs 13L.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 31st March 2010 at 10:54.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:56   #239
Senior - BHPian

All cars with EPS are a big no no for me, in fact i still am not a big fan of PS. Actually I love to drive heavy cars without PS.

Padmini effect? Yes. Even when someone comes with me in the santro, they say-you drive like a call centre driver despite the car having a PS.

Worst Car that I have ever driven? Along with the omni, its this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...gine-fail.html

Last edited by sidindica : 31st March 2010 at 11:02.
Old 31st March 2010, 10:59   #240
BHPian

The First Generation Indica for me, like most of you guys. I would pray to god before I overtake. Overtaking a 2wheeler (read - priya, Vijay Super) was a simple task, but for rest, I pray to god for stopping the incomming traffic, not to let me down, etc etc.. took ages to reach the respectable speed and changing gears was a excercise by itself.

But I still ended up buying an Indigo down the lane, with less regrets

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks