Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 17:04   #2881
BHPian

Re: Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)

Shell hikes diesel prices by Rs 20 a litre

Shell India has hiked diesel prices by as much as Rs 20 per litre in less than a week’s time, but the dominant public sector fuel retailers continue to keep rates on freeze for a record 18th month in a row.

With international oil prices hovering around USD 90 per barrel, the India unit of the world’s second-largest oil and gas company last week started raising fuel prices by Rs 4 per litre every day, company dealers and industry sources said.
The result is Shell India, whose 346 petrol pumps are mostly concentrated in the southern and western states, is now selling diesel at Rs 130 per litre in Mumbai and Rs 129 in Chennai.

Petrol at Shell bunks costs Rs 117-118 a litre.

This compares to a price of Rs 106.31 a litre for petrol at public sector company’s petrol pumps in Mumbai and Rs 102.63 in Chennai. Diesel at PSU pumps costs Rs 94.27 a litre in Mumbai and Rs 94.24 in Chennai.
In Bengaluru, Shell is selling diesel for Rs 122 as compared to Rs 87.92 a litre rate at petrol pumps owned by public sector firms and Rs 87.99 per price at Reliance-BP bunks.

https://indianexpress.com/article/bu...litre-8968253/
DevilzzzzOwn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 10:24   #2882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
Looks like Shell's latest price sheet was out today

Recently, a family member, also a longtime shell user, switched to normal petrol and got an IOC credit card which gives significant savings over the premium Shell charges - so I am back to square one where I am evaluating if Shell really is worth it from ROI standpoint. Will perhaps do a tank-to-tank of PSU and Shell petrol and make my decision. But curious if there are other mechanical benefits to the car that users have noticed in Shell that makes it worth it? (apart from visible benefits like customer service, quality etc)

Thanks
Hi. I have tried Shell for two tank fulls and the average which I get is same as the regular petrol. Maybe the car is a tad smoother with Shell but not by much. The normal fuel gives the same average as Shell and is 12-14 Rs/liter cheaper.

This translates to almost 3 Liters on a full tank for me, which is a good 70 kms of additional driving ( Hybrid average, 23 kpl mix of highway/city)

I usually fill at COCO outlets where there are stricter controls.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2023, 16:10   #2883
BHPian

Only at Shell, one will find Diesel pricier than Petrol
(clicked at Shell, Saki Naka, Mumbai)

Shell in India (fuel, lubes, outlets)-img_0027.jpg
Old 5th January 2024, 12:37   #2884
BHPian

Why is Shell Diesel priced differently with same state?

Why I ask is, Shell Diesel costs 126.xx in Yelahanka Bengaluru while near Chikkaballapura it was 89.99 and 89.02 in Puttur. Initially I thought Puttur station is newly opened so priced lower to attract customers initially.

I have found the small difference in price (less than 1-2 rupees) is due to transport costs. But I find it quite suprising to see large difference within state for same fuel.
Old 6th January 2024, 13:16   #2885
BHPian

I don't understand why Shell has priced themselves at such a premium in metros. Here in BLR, both the petrol and diesel prices are outrageous. Do people still consider Shell for fuel? Sure the mileage goes up nominally, but does it make up for the price differential!? Also, I still can't believe that a lot of high performance vehicle owners prefer Shell Power even though it is the same RON 91 fuel available everywhere. Everywhere else in the world the Power nomenclature is for their high octane fuel(min RON95).
HighOnSpeed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 13:09   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
Why is Shell Diesel priced differently with same state?

Why I ask is, Shell Diesel costs 126.xx in Yelahanka Bengaluru while near Chikkaballapura it was 89.99 and 89.02 in Puttur. Initially I thought Puttur station is newly opened so priced lower to attract customers initially.

I have found the small difference in price (less than 1-2 rupees) is due to transport costs. But I find it quite suprising to see large difference within state for same fuel.
I encountered a Shell outlet in a random village in deep TN recently and I was surprised to see so many two wheelers waiting to fill up as the petrol in Shell is quite expensive compared to other outlets. Looks that Shell outlet charges almost similar prices to the nearby Nayara outlet and they charge the premium price only in Chennai, Bengaluru etc.

I don't understand why Shell regular petrol costs such a premium as well. It comes from the same refinieries of PSU fuel to my knowledge.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks