Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:29   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Great find. Yes. Seems like ingenio. First post and such a post great....
I've actually been lurking here for quite some time before registering... I didn't even realize it was my first post.

BTW, both the vehicles were running fully loaded, with water tanks in the load bed and/or seats. Despite that, the SUV actually accelerates quite well.
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:35   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Great find man.So Mahindra is going to come with their mini truck to take on Tata Ace. New Mahindra vehicles seems to have a similiar grill design.
It was quite difficult to figure out which company's vehicle the pickup was .. the only kind logo anywhere on the vehicle was on the steering wheel. I couldn't get any interior photos as the driver had arrived by then and was asking me to stop taking photos (despite being on a public road).

The cabin is quite spacious (compared to the Tata Ace). The tires are also seem somewhat bigger than the Ace's tiny Indicaesque whells. Again, although the pictures don't show it, the load bed was so fully loaded with water tanks that the leaf springs on the rear axle were almost completely flat. Despite that, the vehicle had a smooth pick up and acceleration as it drove off.

P.S. I'm carrying my digital camera to work from tomorrow
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:42   #78
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
code named U
2.5l, 2 Valves, 4 Cyl. 215 Nm, 66 kW

dont ask me more details. cant let other details out!
The engine seem ancient. 2.5 Litres only producing a paltry 66kw. Maybe someone's told u a fib.
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:44   #79
BHPian

Looks like the Tata Xover.The ORVM is same as that of Safari.
Old 22nd May 2008, 17:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Looks like the Tata Xover.The ORVM is same as that of Safari.
V-16's pics posted look like the Xover to me.
Old 23rd May 2008, 12:18   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
V-16's pics posted look like the Xover to me.
! The grille did not match the toothed grille from the other pics of the ingenio. Thats why I thought it might be the Xover. also, testing it in Nasik is a nice way of diverting our attention from the real manufacturer's name!
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:11   #82
Joz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
code named U
2.5l, 2 Valves, 4 Cyl. 215 Nm, 66 kW

dont ask me more details. cant let other details out!
I doubt this. I thought the new engines are 2.2 and 2.0 ltr. Could you recheck this?
Old 24th May 2008, 11:46   #83
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivtho View Post
The first three attachments show the new Mahindra SUV. I spoke to the driver to says that it's a new luxury model and has a new engine (i.e. not derived from the Scorpio).

The last two attachments show a new vehicle in the class of the Tata Ace or the Ape Truk.
Whatta first post Great find, Vivtho. Thank you for sharing.

This is the first time we are seeing interior pictures, and the dashboard looks pretty funky indeed. The 3rd & 4th pictures indicate the car's profile is similar to the Innova. Also, Mahindra seem to be serious about offering space to all three rows....just look at the bulky rear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Spotted these vehicles on test near Nasik. My guess it is a Mahindra Ingenio but its strictly a guess. Can anyone throw some light on this please?
Seems to be a Tata (smiling radiator grille) and a soft-top at that?
Old 24th May 2008, 11:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

These Ingenios drive around Mumbai quite often these days. I followed one from town to Bandra and the guy parked outside Lilavati Hospital and had two more Ingenios for company. Also I have heard from my sources that the production name of this car will not be Ingenio.
Old 24th May 2008, 12:35   #85
Senior - BHPian

Its really confusing to see all the cars using masking.
I think that its some tata vehicle. And the M800 ( old ) parking lights in bumper are saddest part.

The best part is that people are able to click these shots.
Great findings.

I think that masking ( camoflauge ) should be made illegal in India.
Old 29th May 2008, 14:21   #86
BHPian

guys i cant give out much details here on a public forum.. i know its latest gen. ECU that is doing duty on the vehicle. Solenoid valves are used in the CRS system.
this vehicle was built for one purpose only.. mileage..but since its an MUV , it neds better low end torque thats why the engine is 2.5L and yes expect the engine to be super refined . the emmission norm is Euro 3 . rest details are confidential. and besides i work for German customers not mahindra. so cant go asking for more details from the EME project managers.lol.

expect the vehicle to be butter smooth.

peace out
sameel
Old 30th May 2008, 03:07   #87
BHPian

confirmed ingenio....the piece is making rounds in the bosch compound in bangalore...testing the fuel delivery pump..
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:16   #88
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

absolutely confirmed - saw this same beast buzzing around near the FORUM signal on last Friday evening - it buzzed off before I could whip out my mobile camera and focus it (I was crossing the road at the time and didnt want to end up as a flattened statistic).
However, it seems somewhat similar in shape to the innova IMO. They had masked it but all that masking tape was peeling off so it looked a bit raggedy.
But it moved very fast while taking off from the traffic lights and I clearly saw the Mahindra logo on the bonnet.
This may be some decent competition for the MUV/ People mover segment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmate View Post
confirmed ingenio....the piece is making rounds in the bosch compound in bangalore...testing the fuel delivery pump..
Old 3rd June 2008, 11:29   #89
BHPian

I did report this vehicle in Feb. I didn't have the pictures. But thanks for covering the scoop. Ingenio has been announced back in March by M&M.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...1-new-suv.html
Old 9th June 2008, 23:51   #90
Senior - BHPian

I've seen this car a hundred times. Two of them actually. Pass by reclamation very often, both similar and oddly covered. Today there was only one though, crawling through the rain.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks