Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2008, 17:10   #106
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did not like the way they spoke to me! Hearing some abuse words, I lost my cool. I removed my watch, gave it to my stunned wife and got out! I was ready to beat the hell out of those guys!!!
Though I'd normally never support such an act, I am glad you set them straight. It is indeed the Mahindra Ingenio.
Old 19th July 2008, 20:52   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

More Ingenio Pictures

I saw these two Mahindra Ingenios at the Worli- Haji Ali link road a few weeks back. They bore the MH 15 TC temporary number plates and anything MH15 (from Igatpuri) is a Mahindra . MH 15 is a Nashik number. And for the mad Mumbai traffic, I did not see the occupants yelling at me while the SUV's were photographed.Any thing that is sighted on a public place like a road, cannot be prohibited from photography.Even the President's and Prime Minister's motorcades are photographed when on the move. If there are prohibitions they can be in a privately/ government/ semi- government owned premises.

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-sonycamv-933.jpg

Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-sonycamv-934.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th July 2008 at 21:01. Reason: Photos watermarked
Old 19th July 2008, 21:05   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
...Any thing that is sighted on a public place like a road, cannot be prohibited from photography....
Yup. Thats the law - and hence Team-BHP rules reflect that as well.

Nice pics.
cya
R
Old 19th July 2008, 21:34   #109
Senior - BHPian

Nice catch.
The front grille surely looks like its a Mahindra. And the interiors are quite good. I was stunned when i saw the interior shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post

I did not like the way they spoke to me! Hearing some abuse words, I lost my cool. I removed my watch, gave it to my stunned wife and got out! I was ready to beat the hell out of those guys!!!

They did not expect me to do this and changed their stand and started pleading with me. I took a few more pics with my mobile. Finally the driver told me that it was a Mahindra vehicle and it would be released soon.
Not the nicest thing to do. My friend saw a " New Matiz " in Vadodara ( Spark ) and the then Different girlle Optra ( Magnum ). He lost his mobile when he was caught taking photographs and was thrashed.

On 25th of June I saw some Aveo with different noise and some new Agila ( Splash deriver car ) in Vadodara, but when I was trying to take photoghrphs, they wanted to mess with me. I never wanted to thrash someone or get thrashed my self, so left the issue there only.

I hope that you be more careful next time. IIRC, its illegal to take photographs like this.
Old 19th July 2008, 21:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
On 25th of June I saw some Aveo with different noise and some new Agila ( Splash deriver car ) in Vadodara,
Does that lead to Aveo 1.3 MJD launch around the corner??? Finally some info on it. I dont think GM will launch Agila here when MSIL will launch Splash.
Old 19th July 2008, 22:00   #111
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_lover View Post
I took a snap of the car with my mobile. Seeing this, the test driver and his companion climbed out of the mystery car and came up to my side and started to threaten me. They told me that I have to delete the pics immediately from my mobile and that photography was 'not allowed'!

Did you read the TOI headlines today? It was about some guy getting stabbed to death with a screwdriver at Vashi tollgate, in a tragic incident of road rage. My strong recommendation here is to *never* get down from your car when somebody approaches with aggressive intent. Keep doors locked and windows rolled up.
Old 20th July 2008, 00:20   #112
BHPian

Post edited by the Team-BHP Support : Please do use more than 2 smilies per post.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Saw this car last month when returning from pune on the pune kholapure highway at 4-430am in the morning when I was cruising at 140kmph. It suddenly appeared infront of me and I was like all excited cause it was the first time I saw a vehicle in comouflage. I just shook my friend awake who was fast asleep while I was driving his swift. Poor guy just didn't know what was happening or where he was. I just asked him takeout the cam and click some pics. Poor guy was still in his sleep started clicking the snaps with the lens facing him self. Anyway I tried to get alongside the car and asked my friend to click. As soon as he clicked couple of pics the driver got angry and started honking continusly we didn't bother cause he was alone. After some time he slowed down we were then doing at around 100kmph. Even I slowed down cause I wanted the front pics. He again started honking and flashing hiss lights. Next moment he just zips off.
So even I stamp on the gas by the time I catch up with him he was doing around 120 there were vehicles on both the lanes so he couldn't overtake. On seeing me he was desperately trying to cut through lanes and get away. hence you can make out that the engine used in this car is quite powerful may be the old crde and it handles also quite well at those speeds considering it to be a MUV.
I finally overtake him to take the front pics. After sometime he slows completely later I learnt that he stopped cause there was this toll booth ahead. Very smart guy. I still have the pics but didn't bother to post them cause they were already in the forum and they were not very clear cause my friend could get a proper focus at those speed ad with that wind blowing.
BTW did anyone notice? the car in the second pic above is having roofrails similar to scorpio. must be the topend model.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd July 2008 at 14:41.
Old 21st July 2008, 18:39   #113
BHPian

I saw the Scoprio Automatic today near Siddhivinayak temple around 1 PM. It had no camo, no covers at all.
But I dont think they are anywhere near the launch - but guess they are only teasing ( testing).
Old 21st July 2008, 19:12   #114
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I had seen this vehicle some days ago near bandstand but couldnt click the pics.

It was being followed by a Scorpio(without covers).

This car feels very small when compared with the other UV's out there.
Old 22nd July 2008, 10:57   #115
jp1
BHPian

Head lights looks different

The previous post by chevy_lover shows oval headlamps, but the new picture posted above shows rectangle head lamps, different models?
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:02   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
The previous post by chevy_lover shows oval headlamps, but the new picture posted above shows rectangle head lamps, different models?
Nope, the headlamps in the chevy_lovers post have the headlights that will go into the car, but the new picture shows a test mule with a auxiliarry headlamp serving as the main headlamp (reasons could be to conceal the appearance of the vehicle)
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:16   #117
BANNED

Saw the Ingenio on heavy camo, covers and what not. Right here in Cochin.
It was followed closely by a Scorpio. Was it an automatic?

Both zipped past us and couldn't give it a chase or take pics.
Old 23rd July 2008, 09:41   #118
Senior - BHPian

Hurray! I too saw it in the morning. It was big! as big as the Innova. Sorry I could not click any pics as I was riding my bike. Thought that If I should "live" to see the car in the future, rather than trying to click it and meet with something nasty on the road!
Old 23rd July 2008, 10:52   #119
BHPian

Launch is just around the corner

Hi Folks,

I work with TechM & we got this mailer from our Internal Communications (M&M). Please have a look at the image.

so, what say guys? Ingenio launch is just around the corner?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Ingenio -Officially announced as XYLO EDIT: Celebration Edition on Page 60-diduknow.jpg  

Old 23rd July 2008, 10:54   #120
BHPian

Big or Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Hurray! I too saw it in the morning. It was big! as big as the Innova. Sorry I could not click any pics as I was riding my bike. Thought that If I should "live" to see the car in the future, rather than trying to click it and meet with something nasty on the road!

Hey somebody just mentioned couple of posts before your post that it looks way smaller then the Innova. This is confusing two perceptions of the same car differing to that extent
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks