Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2008, 20:38   #286
Senior - BHPian

that's a real ugly looking car. what was M&M thinking when they were designing it??
Old 8th November 2008, 22:44   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
NO WAYS!!! they should not stop the scorpio, they should launch an all new scorpio instead. there are many SUV fans here and we DONT like MUVs!!! and mahindras are known for their "jeeps", so please mahindra!

May be but to me it looks like that XLYO will be overlapping with Scorpio in case of pricing. Of course as of now, XLYO is MPV and Scorpio is SUV, but then how many % of SUV see offroading in their life ? Not much ( T-BHP member are different here as they do offroading ).

And I think isint it time for a new Scorpio ? May be XLYO would ocme out as SUV.
The images make say that this car is looking pretty ugly and exactly opposite of Scorpio that happens to be good looking.
XLYO neither has the bold looks of Scorpio nor the good sedate looks that Innova is laden with. This middle of the road strategy wont work IMO.
Old 9th November 2008, 10:05   #288
Senior - BHPian

@ goswami: thats exactly what i meant buddy! even i rarely go for off-roading in my scorpio, mine is a 4x2! but i just dont like MUVs, SUVs have far more character, butchness, appeal and toughness. if you ask me, i still like the scorpio's styling, so i dont think its too late or time for a new scorpio but yes, an all new (read better) would always be welcome. then, XYLO should not come out as an SUV, since i feel mahindra already has an SUV, the scorpio.
i agree with you, the pictured XYLO looks ugly, hope its not the final version.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 9th November 2008 at 10:06.
Old 10th November 2008, 23:34   #289
BHPian

It Looks like a FAAT Nose upset with something ..... surely the waiting for the vehicle to be lauched officially ... then i guess might be better to compare it with other competitor brands
Old 11th November 2008, 01:08   #290
Senior - BHPian

I sincerely hope it doesn't look anywhere as ugly as the rendition.But, knowing M & M, i wouldn't be surprised at all. They specialize in 'ugly'.
Old 11th November 2008, 15:40   #291
BHPian

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]If the name has changed from Ingenio to Xylo, has the specifications also changed. Is it that Mahindra has also changed or modified the existing features of the car or will the car roll out with the original Ingenio features?[/FONT][/COLOR]
nanopano is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th November 2008, 11:50   #292
Senior - BHPian

those spies running everywhere in the city of Mumbai.. come on M&M stop teasing now.
Old 12th November 2008, 12:08   #293
BHPian

I am really surprised over this act. I haven't come across even a single BHPian who did not dislike Xylo (car with snout).

How can professional car designers, develop such an ugly design! Did M&M think different will do it for them?

Cheers!!!
Old 12th November 2008, 21:33   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
I am really surprised over this act. I haven't come across even a single BHPian who did not dislike Xylo (car with snout).

How can professional car designers, develop such an ugly design! Did M&M think different will do it for them?

Cheers!!!
A similar artist view appeared in Autocar few months ago, and there was a discussion in this (or in some other thread), and I expressed my surprise. If this is the design of XYLO, I am sure its going to be the ugliest car ever made.

Also I see many find this car image was captured by many everywhere, Are they going to run the car under this covers for next 2 years, OR they have launched secretly with covers to customers? LOL!

Last edited by agbenny : 12th November 2008 at 21:37.
Old 13th November 2008, 10:34   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
A similar artist view appeared in Autocar few months ago, and there was a discussion in this (or in some other thread), and I expressed my surprise. If this is the design of XYLO, I am sure its going to be the ugliest car ever made.

Also I see many find this car image was captured by many everywhere, Are they going to run the car under this covers for next 2 years, OR they have launched secretly with covers to customers? LOL!
"Are they going to run the car under this covers for next 2 years, OR they have launched secretly with covers to customers?"

Cheers!!!
Old 13th November 2008, 17:51   #296
BHPian

Quote:
The last sentence was really excellent. Had me in splits. I did see this car a lot of time and did click some snaps yesterday on my way to work.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-suv-muv.html

There were 4 cars yesterday in a group.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:05   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe its a design thing. People wear clothes so why not let your car wear a cover. Mahindra might launch fancy sports leisure covers, fancy formal wear covers, special covers for celebrations etc etc.

If this is the Xylo then Mahindra have wasted a lot of money, they should have bought the rights to an old MUV from the likes of Renault and saved themselves from ridicule and a bit of money.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:15   #298
BHPian

If the vehicle is as in renders posted here then its definitely an extremely ugly vehicle.
Old 13th November 2008, 22:19   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepgautam_qa View Post
Did M&M think different will do it for them?
The competition between the desi truckmaker and the desi tractor maker is very intense and M&M always want to beat Tata everytime.

Tata gave us the ugly Sumo Grande, so M&M have decided that the only way they can beat them is to make their MUV uglier still.

From the artists impressions (which is what you get when the manufacturer tells the auto magazine that thou shalt see but thou shalt not publish photos) it does seem like they've trounced Tata Motors this time around.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:46   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
sorry my mobile phone is not synchronised with my laptop. still waiting for cd to load required drivers.Scoop pictures are far more clear and comprehensive.
and i am afraid to say the photoshop work done is almost close to real one.
We are eagerly waiting for your snaps. If you could post the issue you are having with drivers, I am pretty sure some of the techies in this forum would be able to give you a helping hand.

--Wind
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks