Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2008, 14:05   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

A chap from the Arya Honda got me the new accord for a test drive. (Great car overall but doesn't seem more power than the previous accord even with the paddle shifters on. I came out unimpressed)
He informed me that the next lot will be imported early next year and no clue on the pricing yet. Also confirmed that one company picked up almost all of the cars and all the customers bookings were given back, which explains why they canceled mine. Honda is not disclosing which company bought this entire batch but the deal was directly made with Honda and not the dealerships.This leaves a very bad taste against Honda, it seems like more of a corporate offer than a consumer offer.
Regarding the maintenance plan, it has 17 free services. Consumables will be charged as per actual according to him.
Old 18th November 2008, 14:25   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Regarding the maintenance plan, it has 17 free services. Consumables will be charged as per actual according to him.
That's another bit of info Prime gave me wrong. They said free means free. No labor/consumables/parts cost during those 17 services. It did seem too good to be true. Suddenly it doesn't seem to be such a sweet deal, proving naysayers like GTO right.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:03   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhokritesh View Post
Called all dealers in Mumbai all say Honda has asked them to stop takeing bookings, also tried calling Nagpur, Pune and other dealers and Chandigarh. Now i cant understand if all this was a gimmick as it was mentioned that the Hybrid would be sold at this price till Dec 08. Feel cheated by Honda.
Called Honda SR Chandigarh and they said no more bookings for now as all the imported cars have been handed over to the customers.

They told me that next lot would be coming in Jan-2009, but i don't trust them. I think all this was gimmick to hype Hybrid model.

I was watching Auto show on NDTV this sunday, and they were telling that Hybrid with discount would be avb till Jan-Feb 2009.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:08   #214
Senior - BHPian

It seems like no one got the Hybrid.. was it only a gimmick or someone actually got the car.
Old 18th November 2008, 15:15   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
The Civic Hybrid is imported as a Completely Built Unit (CBU) from Japan and no fresh arrivals of Civic Hybrid are expected till the end of March 2009.
Tarun, official Honda statement says fresh batch only in March next year.

Ym-Enjn valid point. No one seems to have got the car except for some mystery company. Maybe this was just an exercise to gauge interest at a lower, more reasonable price. Let the conspiracy theories begin.

Last edited by StarScream : 18th November 2008 at 15:20. Reason: addition
Old 18th November 2008, 18:58   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I feel your pain Sid. I didn't even get down to booking it and the offer is over, you actually made the effort and thought you had the deal in the
What really pains is the fact that my cheque (80% of the cars value) had been banked by the dealer . If they did not have clarity on the outcome , they should have held it till the time the situation got cleared. I really find this extremely unethical. I have finally asked for a full refund.

But guess what : the positive side is that I am still looking for a good car and am going to enjoy heck of a lot more interacting with fellow Team BHPians to arrive at the right decision cheers:
Old 18th November 2008, 19:06   #217
Senior - BHPian

We'll know in a couple of months which is this mysterious company which decided to suddenly portray a supposedly green image.

Have they cornered every Hybrid that was there on offer.

Ym-enjn, just based on a sample size of 3-4 in Tbhp you can't extrapolate that no one's got the car. Not every car owner is a member of tbhp.

Looks like Honda was testing the water and has been caught with its pants down.
Old 18th November 2008, 20:14   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidwadia View Post
What really pains is the fact that my cheque (80% of the cars value) had been banked by the dealer . If they did not have clarity on the outcome , they should have held it till the time the situation got cleared. I really find this extremely unethical. I have finally asked for a full refund.
That’s really unethical to have gone ahead and cashed the cheque if they cannot confirm the booking. Somehow I have seen that Honda is a lot lenient on its dealers and let them play such games,

Mods, should not the thread tile be edited to add “but now not available!!”
Old 18th November 2008, 20:43   #219
Senior - BHPian

@SId- i guess its a blessing in disguise for you as Hybrid was never VFM and you can get better and more efficient options in that bracket.
Old 18th November 2008, 22:11   #220
BHPian

Sold out? It all sounds like a Air Deccan 1 rs ticket sale -- limited tickets, limited time.
Old 18th November 2008, 23:17   #221
BHPian

Does anyone know anyone who has actually managed to buy one of these "bargains"???
Old 18th November 2008, 23:45   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Does anyone know anyone who has actually managed to buy one of these "bargains"???
They say some company bought 100 of these hybrids
in this day, when most of the industries are in recession, cant be
1) IT company
2) financial company
3) airline

must be some taxi company with no access to this tbhp thread
Old 18th November 2008, 23:45   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

But guess what : the positive side is that I am still looking for a good car and am going to enjoy heck of a lot more interacting with fellow Team BHPians to arrive at the right decision cheers:
Hey Sid,

Very well said. I second that.

One of the biggest benifits for me of being on team-bhp is that I derive the joy and excitement of (virtually) owning multiple cars...
Old 18th November 2008, 23:47   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Sold out? It all sounds like a Air Deccan 1 rs ticket sale -- limited tickets, limited time.
Now the dealer will allot the car who pays some Extra amount... Or they might be not returning any money who wanted to cancel due to some unavoidable reason.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:05   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here's my vote for the same money: Altis - more fuel efficient then petrol Civic, higher ground clearance (helps with those roads in Gurgaon), bigger boot, more features.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks