Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 18:08   #136
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully this knocks in some sense into Toyota to get the Prius into India as well. They could make a killing. Unfortunately Toyota except with the Corolla doesn't come up with the latest goods here.. :-(
Old 14th November 2008, 18:25   #137
Senior - BHPian

Honda showed off a refreshed Civic hybrid at the Paris Auto show though it's not clear if the 'new look' Civic Hybrid has already been put into production.

Maybe the price cut is because the 'new' Civic Hybrid is on it's way?

ACI has the pictures of the Civic H at the Paris Auto Show. There was no mention on if the regular Civic would also get the same refreshed look.
Old 14th November 2008, 18:31   #138
BHPian

hi sid-if you are wondering which car to buy-i learnt you drive approx-1400 km per month that's 46km per day that's pretty extensive.-then why don't you buy a diesel car? y not an octavia or swift diesel (whichever you like)-why do you want a petrol vehicle? it'll give you good mileage as well.
Old 14th November 2008, 20:01   #139

No dealers in Mumbai seem to be taking bookings for Hybrid nor are they able to give any visibility on the delivery scenario
Old 14th November 2008, 21:02   #140
BHPian

I had heard that the price slash is just for a limited period of time , is that true ??
Old 14th November 2008, 21:30   #141
BHPian

I wonder if they had originally priced it at 13.65L, then how many they would have sold?
Old 14th November 2008, 21:35   #142
Senior - BHPian

Went to RR Honda CP today.
They showed me a listing in which they have sold as many as 20 civic hybrids and another 3 people called when i was there and 7 visited only to be dissappointed to know the stock is over and so is the car.
No more Manufacturing.
Old 14th November 2008, 21:57   #143

Does this mean that there is going to be no more Hybrid Civic's available at this price?
Old 14th November 2008, 23:01   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post
That's a killer price, now lets see how many buyers line up for that. Somehow, I feel there may not be many takers even that this prive level. I would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

Guess what buddy, Honda Civic Hybrid has been sold out. 170+ cars picked up by some corporate. So wierd! I hope its not an attempt to start black marketting them. Went to Arya Honda, Mumbai. They wont even accept a booking or give a brochure.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:20   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurag1973 View Post
Does this mean that there is going to be no more Hybrid Civic's available at this price?
Yes – that is what it looks like. Even if they were to get more kits, they will certainly not give it away at this price.
Old 15th November 2008, 03:31   #146
BHPian

I personally went to couple of Honda showrooms, and the hybrid is sold out everywhere. Minimum delivery time is for 10 days. I Still dont understand, why would anyone spend 13.5 Lakhs for a model which is about 2-3 years?
Old 15th November 2008, 11:43   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
I personally went to couple of Honda showrooms, and the hybrid is sold out everywhere. Minimum delivery time is for 10 days. I Still dont understand, why would anyone spend 13.5 Lakhs for a model which is about 2-3 years?
hi

And then people speak about slump in the economy???

Amit
Old 15th November 2008, 12:07   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3adlythegame View Post
I Still dont understand, why would anyone spend 13.5 Lakhs for a model which is about 2-3 years?
Well I booked mine keeping in mind the following :
Hybrid : a) Battery pack warranty of 10 years by Honda
b) Warranty for 4 years / 80000 km.
c) 17 services are free (85k kms) including consumables
d) Roadside assistance for 4 years Free
So practically, I really have to spend nothing except for fuel and wear & tear items.Not bad huh !!!
Alright then , what if the fuel saving is not as great .... but it certainly is better than the 1.8 Civic ( greenhybrid.com , hybridcars.com, ACI , Overdrive ). How much am I paying more than the 1.8 civic AT= appx Rs.50000/-
What are the features I get more then the civic :
a) 2 Airbags b) Rear Aircon vents c) Steering mounted controls d) Drive by wire technology e) trunk & lower spoiler f) Enhanced security system
If I was to put a cost to this , would it not be closer to 50k ? Not to mention the fuel / maintenance cost saving over the years .
What do I loose out on : a) Power b) Boot space c) rear arm rest audio controls . frankly speaking , its just the power that i would care about , but then thats the trade off for fuel savings. However, Even on the power count , as mentioned in the earlier posts -the hybrid is a wee bit faster in the 20-60 dash. Thus in city driving ,I dont think i would be really struggling on power. Also , as far as my calculation goes - 75%of the kms I will do , would be in city driving . So the overall FE & power should not be a let down.
Well , thats what made me book the hybrid !!! Not sure if its a compelling story , but I am willing to take the risk ( if any ).I am almost certain of not being able to get a Hybrid at this cost for some time ( untill some manufacturer set up shop in India , unlikely in a rglobal recession led economy).
Hope to hear more on this from all of you.
cheers
Old 15th November 2008, 14:25   #149
BHPian

Sidwadia, congratulations!
Yes, if one was on the verge of buying a Civic AT, then your logic makes good sense. Hope it works in line with your calculations. Do share your user experience in days ahead.
Old 15th November 2008, 14:33   #150

congrats sidwadia...hope your one of the lucky ones who get the delivery in this year :-)
I am looking to book the Hybrid but unfortunately no dealer in Mumbai is talking of delivery before mid Jan 2009
I agree with your logic - the free service and warranty have a substantial value and thats what swung my vote for this car

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks