BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Muaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh! I just love this kind of analysis
PRICE:
While the ex-showroom prices are:
Civic A/T : 1,349,800
Civic Hybrid : 1,402,300

The ON-ROAD price is THRICE the 53,000 difference. Reason? Yup, different tax slabs. Thus, the on-road prices are:
Civic A/T : 14.99.000
Civic Hybrid : 16.52.778
That’s a 1.53 lakh difference (and NOT 50,000 which some of you are made to believe). Source : Arya Honda + Linkway Honda.
Hi GTO , price charts from ACE Honda Noida & Pearl Honda Gurgaon are:-

Model Ex. showroom insurance Reg. OTR
1.8 AT 1286000 31045 34400 1351445
Hybrid 1336000 31835 35650 1403845
Diff 50000 790 1250 52400/-

From what i have been told , in the 0 - 60 km dash , both : the engine as well as electric motor revs the car i.e. 110 HP is propelling the car ( 94 + 16 HP). Also , if the Hybrid is claimed to be a wee bit quicker that the 1.8 civic in the 0 - 60km dash (source : other posts in this thread + greenhybrid.com) , not sure if the getz would give it a run for its money.

Have you personally experienced this tortoise pace in the hybrid ? if yes , then i will have to accept it ! if not , I would go by swale84's post (#154)on the low end torque.

Secondly , no where in your calculations have you taken into account the savings on the 17 free services incld. consumables.

Thirdly , Not sure if the figure of 12.5 is sacrosant. the article on "Hypermiling" surely indicates potential to go above & beyond.

Sure , its not going to be an enthusiast's car. Its going to be a car for the style & comfort & VALUE concious.

Now to get down to the calculations :
Difference in upfront price : 53k
Cost attributed to incremental features in hybrid : arguably 35k
Cost attributed to 17 free services : arugably 15k
Net difference : 3k
Even if I go by your suggested mileage figures - I should recover the same within 6 months of ownership !!!

Besides, I love the looks of the civic and would not go in for a diesel car despite its economy / power equation (personal liking) . But what the Hybrid does to me : gives me better economy/features through out my ownership period!
Cheers
Old 16th November 2008, 05:33   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
Yes its true, I too went today as same showroom. They have stopped booking as they has 100 cars and all sold. Honday has stopped booking till they any news for new lot coming from Japan, but for the time being they have stop taking any other booking for Hybrid.
I had made a tentative booking for 2 hybrids on the day of the price cut... called today after I got the finance deals sorted out and to my surprise the dealership let go of my booking !

They say the next lot will come in 3 weeks time, at the same price of 13.3 lakhs. I hope they don't surprise me once again saying that the price will be hiked.

If the hybrid price is hiked i might just get the Jetta instead.
Running cost of Jetta DSG would be cheaper as I drive 500kms a month for example and the car gives me an average of 10kmpl i would spend about 1950. Whereas the hybrid on similar running would cost 2200.
The Jetta is more pricer, i think it comes out to 2 lakhs more expensive than the civic hybrid on road.
Highly confused !
Old 16th November 2008, 07:07   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I had made a tentative booking for 2 hybrids on the day of the price cut... called today after I got the finance deals sorted out and to my surprise the dealership let go of my booking !

They say the next lot will come in 3 weeks time, at the same price of 13.3 lakhs. I hope they don't surprise me once again saying that the price will be hiked.

If the hybrid price is hiked i might just get the Jetta instead.
Running cost of Jetta DSG would be cheaper as I drive 500kms a month for example and the car gives me an average of 10kmpl i would spend about 1950. Whereas the hybrid on similar running would cost 2200.
The Jetta is more pricer, i think it comes out to 2 lakhs more expensive than the civic hybrid on road.
Highly confused !
Sahil,
Well, I think you should first lay out your priorities and preferences clear.
13.65L ex showroom plus others – that is 15L plus. When someone is ready to spend and afford that much for a car, Rs 250/- bucks per month fuel expense difference (about 15K over 5 years) is hardly any criteria for selecting the car.

One should go for the hybrid only if you are enthusiastic in having something of a different technology and so. Honda is giving some extended maintenance coverage and battery warranties. All of this makes some consideration for those who were already decided on Civic AT to switch to the hybrid at this price. But still we haven’t heard of actual performance reports - so that is the risk. If there is a problem, we do not know actually how many trained mechanics are available in the service stations. And so on there is lot to consider.

The Jetta top model is some 2L pricier, but comes with lot more power and more features. So you need to check into all the details before deciding.
Old 16th November 2008, 10:37   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Expecting to taste out one by early next month. One of my office member booked it. It may be little late for her to get the car as dealer is offering her only white colour. She wants black.
The Hybrid comes only in white and Silver. No black option. They are importing only these 2.

Any idea about OTR price in Bangalore. The tax slab changes for cars exceeding 10L ex-showroom so the hybrid and normal petrol may be very close in terms of pricing.
Old 16th November 2008, 10:58   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Are you telling me that you spend 16.5 lakhs on a car, and 1,666 bucks a month is so important to you that you make all those compromises? This is the kind of stuff that marketers laugh at, from behind their observation windows.
GTO, you are underestimating the 'penny wise pound foolish' thought process of Indians. Yesterday, I was at the InOrbit Malll, Vashi. A line of cars had parked on the road outside including a BMW 3. There was PLENTY of parking inside the mall.

First, people buy cars worth Rs.30 lakhs and then put that same expensive set of wheels at risk to save Rs.20!
Old 16th November 2008, 13:06   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
First, people buy cars worth Rs.30 lakhs and then put that same expensive set of wheels at risk to save Rs.20!
I agree, generally. However, sometimes inside malls and hotels, the parking is worse than outside - as Rudra and I have both found out :-(
Old 16th November 2008, 16:02   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
Sahil,
Well, I think you should first lay out your priorities and preferences clear.
13.65L ex showroom plus others – that is 15L plus. When someone is ready to spend and afford that much for a car, Rs 250/- bucks per month fuel expense difference (about 15K over 5 years) is hardly any criteria for selecting the car.

One should go for the hybrid only if you are enthusiastic in having something of a different technology and so. Honda is giving some extended maintenance coverage and battery warranties. All of this makes some consideration for those who were already decided on Civic AT to switch to the hybrid at this price. But still we haven’t heard of actual performance reports - so that is the risk. If there is a problem, we do not know actually how many trained mechanics are available in the service stations. And so on there is lot to consider.

The Jetta top model is some 2L pricier, but comes with lot more power and more features. So you need to check into all the details before deciding.
Performance is not much of a criteria here. The car will be used mainly in the daytime stop n go traffic, and most likely to be driven by the driver most often. I have the BMW to cater to my power hunger at night and highway runs.

Its not only about the savings here, the civic is easier to drive in traffic. And also the feel-good factor that the hybrid gives you, not only is it cutting edge technology but also cuts pollution. Not to mention the civic hybrid will be much cheaper to maintain than the Jetta thanks to it's 4 year maintenance plan. Moreover the Passat DSG problems reported in another thread have me concerned on the Jetta DSG purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
GTO, you are underestimating the 'penny wise pound foolish' thought process of Indians. Yesterday, I was at the InOrbit Malll, Vashi. A line of cars had parked on the road outside including a BMW 3. There was PLENTY of parking inside the mall.

Lets not jump to baseless conclusions, these cars could have been driven by drivers that parked it there and sat outside keeping a watch on them.

Last edited by Sahil : 16th November 2008 at 16:06.
Old 16th November 2008, 17:25   #173
Senior - BHPian

If the price difference is 53K between civic 1.8 and civic Hybrid, then it is sensible to go for the Hybrid. If it is more then 1 Lakh then you need to think again. Reason being that you actually don't high rave for 99% of your drive and there are many other benefit in compare to the 1% sacrifice.

The answer to this question may change my views.. What would be the highest speed of Hybrid. If only the 1.3 L engine is working at high speeds then will it perform like a lower C segment car?
Old 16th November 2008, 17:31   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
If the price difference is 53K between civic 1.8 and civic Hybrid, then it is sensible to go for the Hybrid. If it is more then 1 Lakh then you need to think again. Reason being that you actually don't high rave for 99% of your drive and there are many other benefit in compare to the 1% sacrifice.

The answer to this question may change my views.. What would be the highest speed of Hybrid. If only the 1.3 L engine is working at high speeds then will it perform like a lower C segment car?
Does it make any difference if the top speed is 160 kmph or 190 kmph provided we cant even do 140 kmph on most of our highways safely. With everything from a riksha to a bullock cart to a tanga driving ont he same road...
Old 16th November 2008, 17:50   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Rev. View Post
It's for sure that Honda is clearing its stock before the new 2nd generation CiviC [i.e. European Accord] is revealed to the world that has already been spied by Team-bhpians so that people wait for the new one.
Nice trick HONDA
Well if Honda is doing that, I must say they are being very honest. In India companies are selling old model cars eventhough their newer models are already out in international markets for long. Even companies are selling older generations along with newer generations in India at same time with different names and price. No body will blame Honda if they keep the old model here for another 2 years and launch a new model abroad. If anyone thinking on this its only Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Does it make any difference if the top speed is 160 kmph or 190 kmph provided we cant even do 140 kmph on most of our highways safely. With everything from a riksha to a bullock cart to a tanga driving ont he same road...
I totally agree with you. Then why all the Civic enthus always talk of high revving the Civic? Where do they go , Malaysia? Race track..

OT: There has been a funny thing happening in Jaipur from last one week. Three accidents have occurred on a main road in past one week and in each 5 to 6 cars banged each other bumper to bumper..
Old 16th November 2008, 18:25   #176
Senior - BHPian

I high rev my Civic at 60KMPH. And then change up and keep revvin'.

I think you have forgotten about gears. And a little too quick to keep posting about your justifications to buy an Altis in every thread a Civic is mentioned. Why are you doing this? To comfort your own buyer's remorse? To be honest, it is getting a bit irritating - like a broken record.
Old 16th November 2008, 18:46   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I high rev my Civic at 60KMPH. And then change up and keep revvin'.

I think you have forgotten about gears. And a little too quick to keep posting about your justifications to buy an Altis in every thread a Civic is mentioned. Why are you doing this? To comfort your own buyer's remorse? To be honest, it is getting a bit irritating - like a broken record.
That is the funniest thing I have read on this thread so far (high rev at 60kmph) . That was the mystery I was not able to solve. Next question.. Why not at 0 kmph and enjoy to the fullest? If you want to compare Altis and Civic then lets get back to the Civic vs Altis thread. All i want to say here is that I feel that at a price difference of 53K "I think" Civic Hybrid is better than 1.8V.

Anyone who bought Civic in 2008 should not feel bad as you should know before doing your purchase that Honda always do this.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 16th November 2008 at 18:55.
Old 16th November 2008, 18:49   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Expecting to taste out one by early next month. One of my office member booked it. It may be little late for her to get the car as dealer is offering her only white colour. She wants black.
It comes only in white+CVT I am told. 16L OTR Bangalore if you can get one.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:17   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
It comes only in white+CVT I am told. 16L OTR Bangalore if you can get one.
The white is an off-white different from the shades they sell here.

Separately, dealing with Honda for the Civic Hybrid reminded me of how crappy their sales guys are. I went to Prime Honda Thursday evening and spoke to a sales person, who took down my details and promised to get back to me within a day with a test drive, a quote to buy back my City and details on when and whether bookings will open again for the Hybrid.
It's Sunday and I haven't heard from them.

It's not all bad. I'm not 100% certain I want to change my car right now. This attitude just makes it easier for me to not buy a new Honda. This company truly sells cars despite their sales force, not because of them.
Old 16th November 2008, 20:49   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then why all the Civic enthus always talk of high revving the Civic? Where do they go , Malaysia? Race track..
High revving necessarily does not mean doing 200+ on a racetrack. It simply means she's more than willing to show you her power as you demand. Not many cars are so willing to redline. And mind me just 100m is good enough for her to be redlined, the more the road you have the merrier!!

Quote:
That is the funniest thing I have read on this thread so far (high rev at 60kmph) . That was the mystery I was not able to solve.
Self goal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I high rev my Civic at 60KMPH. And then change up and keep revvin'. I think you have forgotten about gears.
Think so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks