Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2008, 13:20   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

just called arya Honda. They have no info on this price stands at 26 lakhs on road Mumbai. The sales manager seemed suprised and clueless when I mentioned of the price cut. Even mentioned that it's made to order and no inventory is maintained will take 6 weeks to deliver.
Is this just a rumor?wonder how the Delhi showroom already got the notice of reduction.
Old 12th November 2008, 13:33   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is this just a rumor?wonder how the Delhi showroom already got the notice of reduction.
if it were a rumor why would honda say this on their site - maybe the limited time offer is that the price is gone up

Honda Civic Hybrid at 13.65 lacs limited time offer: Now Sold Out!-civic-hybrid-pricing.jpg
Old 12th November 2008, 13:34   #48

Confirmed

Dear friend, Honda (1800 113 121 One 2 One) itself told me the price - 13.65 Ex-Showroom Thane. Hallmark Honda confirmed 15.85L on road as well. It is a fact. Still

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
just called arya Honda. They have no info on this price stands at 26 lakhs on road Mumbai. The sales manager seemed suprised and clueless when I mentioned of the price cut. Even mentioned that it's made to order and no inventory is maintained will take 6 weeks to deliver.
Old 12th November 2008, 13:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Damn, that's a neat price for a Hybrid. Except for the 1.3 litre engine, I think it has everything going for it along with the nice goodies in it. 4 Airbags, leather seats, rear spoiler, different alloys, Hybrid written on the side giving it a cool factor...
Old 12th November 2008, 13:41   #50
BHPian

it shows the same message for a bombay location. Wonder whats wrong with the salespeople here.
Old 12th November 2008, 13:52   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry about the confusion got confirmation from apex Honda price is 13.37 without octroi.
Need quick advice: Jetta DSG or hybrid civic?
Old 12th November 2008, 13:55   #52
BHPian

That's a killer price, now lets see how many buyers line up for that. Somehow, I feel there may not be many takers even that this prive level. I would be delighted to be proven wrong though.

The 1.3 Engine is assisted by an electric motor so there is enough grunt at the low end. Pick up and top speed should not be an issue really. Any idea about realistic mileage figures? I heard the initial users were getting close to 12KM/L (Max) in City driving. That's not really ground-breaking IMHO.
Old 12th November 2008, 14:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Civic Hybrid will still be more expensive than Civic AT. CIVIC AT does not cost 15 L in Delhi. Compare ex-showroom to ex-showroom prices.

Smaller engine, but don;t forget there is an electric motor also and then high power batteries, which cost a bomb.
And who says CIVIC is hugely overpriced???
The Civic 1.8 model goes for nearly half the price in the west compared to what we pay here. Not big news right? But, consider that their variant has cruise control and so on and so forth AND the Civic is 70-something percentage localized here.

So we pay full import price for less equipment levels on a car that is largely made locally. See my point?

Your first point is correct though. I paid 14.2 on-road for my AT. The hybrid at this new discount price is incredible value for money though - CBU from Japan, proper equipment, AT box, hybrid FE, etc etc.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:15   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Just confirmed with Honda One2One. W.e.f. 10 November, the Bangalore ex-showroom price is 13.42 lakhs as opposed to around 21 earlier! Wonder what exactly is going on?
Old 12th November 2008, 15:38   #55
Team-BHP Support

The Govt has removed duties for hybrids....?
If that is the case, wait for the deluge.
Importing a hybrid from abroad(any company) without duties would mean that for 10L we will have a Prius, and for 15L we would have Nissan Altima Hybrid and the likes!
A D segment car costs 10L in states.
Duties push price to 22L in India
Same hybrid for the D segmenter costs 12-14L in states.
No duty means.... Import hybrids as CBU instead of the normal variants.
Is this the end of the non Hybrid D segment imports?
Of course the catch is that the govt has removed duty for hybrids.
Old 12th November 2008, 15:48   #56
BHPian

Cadillac Escalade Hybrid here I come!!!!

But the question remains, is there some special little clause that prevents individuals from availing this tax cut?
Old 12th November 2008, 15:55   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The Govt has removed duties for hybrids....?
If that is the case, wait for the deluge.
Importing a hybrid from abroad(any company) without duties would mean that for 10L we will have a Prius, and for 15L we would have Nissan Altima Hybrid and the likes!
A D segment car costs 10L in states.
Duties push price to 22L in India
Same hybrid for the D segmenter costs 12-14L in states.
No duty means.... Import hybrids as CBU instead of the normal variants.
Is this the end of the non Hybrid D segment imports?
Of course the catch is that the govt has removed duty for hybrids.
We wont be able to import cars from States atleast... they are LHD remember!
Old 12th November 2008, 16:02   #58
BHPian

Guys - there is no confirmed news on any sort of Tax cut on importing Hybrids. The last time there was a cut the duty went from 24& to 14 % (or something like that).

This is just a price reduction by Honda as a Limited period offer! (atleast on the face of it).

I think it's safe to say that any dreams of importing Hybrid Escalade's and the like can be put to rest!! (BTW - you can't import LHD vehicles into the country for use on civilian roads)
Old 12th November 2008, 16:02   #59
Team-BHP Support

Japan has a large collection of Hybrids. So does Britain, so a lot of possiblity, I expect Toyota and Honda to let in the deluge if the duty axing is true.
However I couldn't find any articles about duty cut, except for Excise cut from 24% to 16%.
Old 12th November 2008, 16:05   #60
Senior - BHPian

This is fantastic news! I always wanted the Civic Hybrid at a price point like this. It's a pity that it's come in the middle of the worst financial meltdown in history. I'd just made up my mind to sit tight and keep my City for another two years. Still, this is very very tempting.
I don't quite understand why Honda has cut the price? If import duties on hybrids have been waived then we would have heard about it. And if it's true, then as Tsk said the Prius can't be far behind. If it's not true, then the mystey deepens. I don't think Honda will sell a new Hybrid at a loss. Maybe the cars are second-hand!

Last edited by StarScream : 12th November 2008 at 16:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks