Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 19:01   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Let me answer as fairly as possible.

It certainly is a Quantum leap over any M&M/ Tata before it.
It is comparable in some measure in terms of ideas, features, convenience etc to the premium SUV's such as say the Captiva etc.
It will be really interesting to see what they have manged. One thing I have seen with Mahindra SUV/MUVs is quirky interior details and really poorly finished plastic quality. Sometime it pays to do things the normal way and they need not try something unusual just to be different. They need to 'learn the rules to break them' when it comes to interior details . But I see some strange details on the air vents already. It also will help if they not stuck with the toothy grill.
If it really comes up to 90% of Captiva like quality/fit and finish at 14-15 lakhs OTR, it will be a big winner.

Last edited by Guna : 2nd July 2011 at 19:08.
Old 2nd July 2011, 23:46   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Detailed Interior Spy Pics on Page 50! More pics on p

Hi,
Anyone knows if the 6 speed was developed inhouse or not?

@S. Balan : Did MM talk about a 4x4 version? Reason for asking is its transverse layout.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:11   #1143
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

@guna - yes the plastics etc on the protos have some way to go yet. but I think all of us will be pleasantly surprised at the final outcome provided they listen to all the feedback given to them.
I cannot comment on 90% of captiva quality at 65% of the price.
definite walrus grill? -am not sure but indications are certainly otherwise.

@sutripta - yes there will be AWD but not on all versions as far as I know.
possibly 3 versions - bottom, mid and top. mid and top will have many bells and whistles. this much I can tell you from what I know.

overall good effort. waiting to see what the final reality will be like.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:18   #1144
Senior - BHPian

hmm...the base version minus the features could be very competitively priced. Shankar, can we expect ABS on all versions and is the handling sorted out as compared to the Scorpio?
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:23   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
hmm...the base version minus the features could be very competitively priced. Shankar, can we expect ABS on all versions and is the handling sorted out as compared to the Scorpio?
I don't think he will answer (hope he proves me wrong)... however I guess if we collate all posts that SB has provided details in bits & pieces... we should be able to construct the full specs of w201...
Old 3rd July 2011, 17:51   #1146
BANNED

@maserq:
same as the previous answer
ABS/ Airbags and full of safety features but probably would be given for the mid and upper versions only. (they may yet surprise us!)
the vehicle is built on a monocoque chassis not ladder on frame - hence the handling should be a zillion miles ahead of the scorp. I havent driven it - that privilege has not YET been accorded to me. But I am reliably informed that its ride and handling is aeons ahead of any other vehicle from the M&M stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Old 3rd July 2011, 22:14   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@sutripta - yes there will be AWD but not on all versions as far as I know.
possibly 3 versions - bottom, mid and top.
Hi,
Any idea of the driveline configuration for AWD?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 4th July 2011, 07:00   #1148
BANNED

not at the moment. suffice it to say that M&M's hard core off road genes will be tempered but yet burgeoning in this vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Hi,
Any idea of the driveline configuration for AWD?

Regards
Sutripta
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 11:39   #1149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not at the moment. suffice it to say that M&M's hard core off road genes will be tempered but yet burgeoning in this vehicle.
The W201 will be launched as a FWD and an AWD version may follow much latter. I think this move makes sense since a very small amount of people who buy such suvs actually take them off-road (thus require AWD). Plus, FWD means better fuel efficiency figures too.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:17   #1150
BHPian

Here are two more snaps of the SUV in camouflage. The two cars seemed to be in a hurry as they came from the Kannur side and turned left at Chungam junction, probably bypassing Calicut city on their way south.

I was in my Polo on the way to the mosque on Friday and by the way they were being driven, I couldn't have kept up with the speeding behemoths on the pothole ridden NH17 anyway.

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-imag0154.jpg

New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-imag0155.jpg
coloneljasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 13:02   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Yes, rightly said.

Somehow not able to understand why camaflouge when M&M are just launching an existing product.

As per me the W201 is not a M&M bred product, its just RE-BADGING. And M&M is certainly good at that Since ages.
First you quote two different test vehicles on your images and then blame mahindra for being a copy cat. Yes Jeep is license manufactured and so is Logan. But not scorpio and W201.

I thought it was only the TATAs that enjoyed such blind criticsm from Indians, but i was wrong.

Last edited by prmd_cochin : 4th July 2011 at 13:03.
prmd_cochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 10:15   #1152
BHPian

OMG! What is this? Look at stance!
Source: IAB Via TnP
Attached Thumbnails
New Mahindra SUV for 2011 - Pics on Pg. 109 *UPDATE* XUV500 launched at 10.8 lakhs-mahindraw201rear.jpg  

Old 5th July 2011, 11:23   #1153
BANNED

yes this is the W201
its got a well muscled haunch in the rear 3 quarter view

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
Old 5th July 2011, 13:18   #1154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
First of all, WHAT EYES YOU GOT !

I was looking only at the wheel arch first and noticed the rest when I had a look at the pic again ! MAN, ARNOLD ON STEEROIDS?? !!

I see an arch on top of the wheel arch ! Every time I look at the spy pics, I am falling in love with this car. Hope the final version is as appealing as these pics and I seriously hope I "can" buy this car on basis of good ride quality, equipments, decent off-road capability & the quality of parts and a decent price and select this over the Captiva / Fortuner [the current contenders] in just a moment.

Edit:: Looks like the camouflage couldn't keep the muscles under control & it just got torn [like Salman Khan in Dabang]

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th July 2011 at 13:21.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 17:10   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more update on the M&M W201.

Mahindra W201 spy photo | DWS Auto India

Cheers!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks