Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2010, 10:51   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Not really. Our desi SUVs have always been more tall than wide which results in bad high speed dynamics and lesser interior space. A wider construction can hugely help matters on that front.
Styling issues can always be taken care of by making it look butch here and there.
+1. More height and less width attribute to body roll! I have heard scary feedbacks of initial Scorpios having done somersaults and tendency to flip under hard braking! But I think there was quite an improvement after they brought ABS & EBD into those mean machines.

I would any day prefer a safer SUV which handles decently well under testing times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Thats exactly what I meant. Will Mahindra follow the foot steps of TATA and Price it in the similar ball park.

Hope Mahindra proves my thought process wrong.
The advantage Mahindra has here is that they have a very very decent time line to assess the sales of Aria ! I am sure they will be as eager as us to learn about the sales figure of Aria. And I dont think TATA will clock so many units with the current price and this might inspire them to launch W201 at the same price points or even slightly lower. This can result in complete take over of Arias sales and a share of Safari sales.

But then I really hope W201 has absolutely no niggles at that kinda price.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 14th October 2010 at 10:53.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:31   #872
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

the W201 if it comes in around March April 2011 may be worth waiting for.
However, it yet remains to be seen what price they will launch it at.
Given the Aria pricing, M&M should not get hopeful. But overall they've been pretty competitive in their pricing strategy so one hopes that one can expect the same again.

While we hear that the new W201 is likely to come loaded to the gills with stuff and will also come along in a monocoque body type etc, it may be better to be a bit prudent and wait and watch a bit before leaping into the showroom with a fistful of cash to buy one. Same logic as with the Aria.
Old 14th October 2010, 17:57   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@pavan: I wouldn't crucify the Mahindra SUV yet. Mahindra are usually one set behind Tata's when it comes to launching new segments. But when they do, they usually sell about double the number of the comparable Tata offering.

On the space front it is too early to comment, but if compare Safari to Scorpio, I definitely feel the Scorpio is cramped.
Old 14th October 2010, 20:59   #874
Senior - BHPian

Its something i picked up on the interior pics as well, the insides do look tight, perhaps they will offer a sliding mid row, which should help passengers in the front two rows. But they need to do something about the plastics and the dashboard, it doesnt suit a 10 lac car let alone anything in the 15 lac ball park.

Im hoping all this is resolved prior to its launch cos the goalposts have moved big time. A huge benefit that Mahindra has is that they can react to the Aria which is already in the market.
Old 23rd October 2010, 07:38   #875
BHPian

i saw tihs car two days back on nh45 near guduvancherry couldnt click any pics as i was going on the opposite side. it had LED daytime running lights!
Old 23rd October 2010, 11:35   #876
Senior - BHPian

the upcoming issue of a leading auto magazine has the rendering of the Mahindra W201. Just had a look at it, overall i am not pleased with the design style. It looks a little pale from the sides. Kind of a slab sided look.
Old 23rd October 2010, 13:01   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakehorsepower View Post
i saw tihs car two days back on nh45 near guduvancherry couldnt click any pics as i was going on the opposite side. it had LED daytime running lights!
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Great! I think the following features can be safely assumed to be present in the top end W201:

1) Automatic Climate control
17) Daytime running LEDs
Confirmed! I love it... but i pray it should not look like a cheap aftermarket imitation of some Audoi!
Old 26th October 2010, 05:44   #878
Senior - BHPian

from rear it looks like elder sister of Skoda Fabia. i liked it though.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:31   #879
Senior - BHPian

WOW! I loved it. If this is how the final car would look like, i am glad that mahindra has not messed up the styling this time. also, the grille looks neat!

the side profile looks a bit boring & the ORVMs could have been better.

i liked the rear too. it looks more like a soft roader & not very brawny like the Aria but the overall styling is better than the Aria which looks like a bigger Vista.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Does the magazine mention price tag of 13-14 lakhs?
the front page mentions 13-14 lakhs.

Also, the second pic talks about the mini SUV - S101.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 26th October 2010 at 09:34.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:44   #880
BHPian

@Xinger: These pictures look like they evolved from a previous design of SRK.

I am wondering what are the parts / features from ssangyoung that would find its place in w201? I do wish it looked much more modern similar to the new kia sportage but with the strengths of mahindra.
Old 26th October 2010, 09:45   #881
Senior - BHPian

Another boring design from Mahindra table but much better than Xylo. Front and rear have some similarities with Fabia. rear is better than tha ARIA. Hope production version looks much better than this!

But in some of the spy pics it looks like its got a aggressive exterior.

Last edited by Latheesh : 26th October 2010 at 09:47.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:21   #882
Senior - BHPian

Wow

The new SUV renderings have confirmed that the Mahindra SUV will be a good one not only from the transmission point of view, but, it will also be the best looking vehicle in Mahindra's stable.

I wish I could buy it ASAP after the launch.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:38   #883
Senior - BHPian

the side panels of the SUV look very bland- M&M should have given some styling creases or a lower body cladding to add some character to it. ofhter than that,looks pretty modern and whould make for an interesting product, if M&M get the interior quality right.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:39   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I sincerely hope Mahindra prices the W201 realistically. The Aria is severely overpriced & should NOT raise Mahindra's expectations.

March - April 2011. Positively.
I think there is high possibility that the price will be in range of Aria. clearly expensive than scorpio by 2-3 lakhs atleast.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:53   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
I think there is high possibility that the price will be in range of Aria. clearly expensive than scorpio by 2-3 lakhs atleast.
I second you, as I feel that it can be priced in that range. I do not think I would have the inhibitions to go for a car in that price range despite being from an Indian manufacturer, if it has all the goodies.
Plus the looks though appear bland/ plain/ boring in the artist's impression, the final product could always look better (in my case the looks of the Scorpio refresh are growing on me day-by-day, & I am seriously considering it as my next buy).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks