Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2009, 08:55   #556
BHPian

Looks like the skoda ppl are still in a slumber. I feel the next step will be to organise some sort of get together at Mumbai at the dealer place and carryout a peaceful protest as some member suggested. Media attention for the same would also help.

The newly launched superb was priced well and has/ had the potential to help the company boost its sales and image. Many of the T-Bhpians were positive about this car.

Now all of this ..almost all of it is gone in a matter of few days.
Old 31st March 2009, 09:19   #557
BHPian

This is an eye-opener. I would never buy a Skoda again until T-BHP recommend and says that their A.S.S. is good now.
Old 31st March 2009, 09:27   #558
BANNED

Any Media persons in here? TOI, DNA, etc??

May be a small article can come up in news papers about this..
Old 31st March 2009, 09:34   #559
BHPian

well, i just made sure that SKODA lost another customer, made sure that my friend booked a Civic instead of a SKODA. Guys, how about launching a campain nation wide against SKODA to tell them how deep they have 'Instigated' us[Team-Bhp] so that harish and rest of the skoda owners get the justice they so rightly deserve.

This reminds me of BIMAL motors and the SX4 incident. We cant let these snobs take us for a ride and expect us to listen to their orders. It's time to stand and make them pay for their acts of crime.
Old 31st March 2009, 09:35   #560
BHPian

This is indeed a sad state of affairs. I have been following Harish's tale of woe for quite some time and have to say, "Hat's off to you Harish!".

I have been a big fan of the vRs and was encouraging Dad to pick one up 2nd hand, but after this fiasco, no way!

The icing on the cake was the 'instigating' post from Skoda corporate, which just goes on to prove how corporates takes us Indians for granted. They try to exploit our fear of the legal system to brow-beat us into giving in to their demands/ideas/poor sales and service.

So, after going to 37 pages of eye-opening emotions and support, I am indeed proud to be a part of such a community that beleives in standing by its principles and members.

On my part, count me in for any support and help.

@ Harish, I hope this situation gets resolved fast and kudos for taking a stand and hanging in there.
Old 31st March 2009, 09:36   #561
BHPian

I'm surprised at the lethargy of SKODA in resolving this matter amicably. The delay itself shows how much they care of their customer or fan base.

@ Skoda: Each minute counts!

I've waited one complete day (March 30th) for Skoda to act considering the gravity of the situation, but nothing from Skoda yet.

For the start, I've just posted these horror stories on my companies internal forum. We are a pretty big corporate (~97,000 strong in India).
Old 31st March 2009, 09:42   #562
BHPian

@GTO
"Instructions have been sent out" was you reply when you were first presented with the suggestion to remove the red vRS from the top of the page.

Hurry up please, lest this entire thread be filled with requests and re requests for the same
Old 31st March 2009, 10:05   #563
BHPian

Wishing you the very best Harish in your stand against such atrociousness behavior and attitude by Skoda. I'm sure you will emerge victorious.

Team-BHP stands for Truth. There is no doubt about it. I am normally a quiet person. Here too I do not post my comments unless I think they contribute to the thread ot the forum. I rarely chat online even though I have accounts in many of the messaging and networking sites. But Team-BHP is one site I regularly visit, because of the diversity of views, richness of opinions and wealth of experiences written in these pages. I've browsed through various forums and portals and have found this to be one of the best if not the best forum in India. It is no joke managing a forum to maintain quality and consistency of the matter, but the wonderful TBHP team has been doing so well all this time. I salute you all.

Hence it is extremely irritating to see that a representative of Skoda is trying to threaten Team-BHP for 'instigating' its various members. I do not know what they were thinking when they posted that but it is obvious they did not think straight. I can think of several points in this regard:

a) Whoever in Skoda who reads Team-BHP has been looking only at the negative views posted here of Skoda. They conveniently have forgotten the many positive views and recommendations members have posted of their vehicles. This a forum; people are free to post their views positive or negative.
b) Skoda's representative thought that can scare the Mods (GTO and others) into closing the thread with legal clauses. Ha! I do not think they know the caliber our Mods are made up of! (As much as I would have liked to I'm avoiding the use of the apt phrase "they have nerves of steel!")
c) They did not expect the overwhelming support of the members here. They certainly did not expect a backlash of negative recommendations that members have started.
d) They underestimated the passion we members, from the Newbies to the Mods, have in this site. As rightly said many time, in various threads, including this one, Team-BHP is for Automotive enthuiasts. No Auto manufacturer can dare accuse or make veiled threats here, when they know they are at fault.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2009 at 10:43. Reason: No inappropriate language / words please
Old 31st March 2009, 10:21   #564
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Corporate would be itching to post a reply after all the action that has happened after the last reply. But going by the amount of scrutiny that happens to each word that is posted by them, they are keeping away. Skoda Coporate - go word your reply carefully, we shall wait!

And btw, I'm glad to see the number of cancellations, switching over to other brands that has been caused by active information spread by fellow Bhpians! Skoda better learn that customer is king, irrespective of which country they are operating in. You can't get away with consistent poor service, some time or the other the problems you created will catch up with you.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:40   #565
BHPian

after having read couple of threads like these i feel sorry for being a skoda customer. I mean it. Their cars are great but their service and customer relationship is significantly worse. They have no value for their customers and their attitude is like they have done us a favor by being in india.
Right now i'm facing some issues with my car but i just dont have the guts to approach their service station as who knows they might pull out some parts from my car or rob me right under my nose.
Nonetheless i tried calling up one of their workshop in gurgaon to speak to a service advisor and guess what...no one picked up even after i attempted like 100 times!
i've decided to find a competitive private garage and stick to it. Maybe i'll try Bosch.
We should take up this issue with VW Group as well, their parent company.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:42   #566
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
I can confirm that Team-BHP is receiving support from numerous forums & blogs worldwide. This is not ONLY about Team-BHP or Skoda's threat against our freedom of expression. Look at the larger picture : It is about the freedom of speech of EVERY Netizen, even on other websites of user generated content.
Old 31st March 2009, 10:43   #567
BHPian

I think Skoda is waiting (hoping) for this thread dies a natural death after a few days/weeks. What they don't realize that even if no one adds on to this thread, the negative recommendations would continue.

I wonder how this would impact their plans for their small car. If this is what they do to relatively well-off customers, I can't imaging what they would do to the mass market they are targeting!
Old 31st March 2009, 11:00   #568
BHPian

very true Navin, the way this guy told the point, i didn't even feel like arguing with him or getting any details..

He may be able to fleece any other unsuspecting customer, but not a TBHPian for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post

This I got to hear. What was the grade of oil the sales person said Skoda uses?

Seriously, which aircraft? Jet? Piston? Model?

Simple prop engines (Cessna 152/172-Beachcraft Sundancer-Piper cub etc.) do use a grade of oil that is SIMILAR to what we use in our cars. Usually it a multi-grade and spec is W65+ up to W120 as dictated by SAE J 1899.These oils have certain additives to prolong life and prevent rust.

Model Aircraft (atleast in the 70s) used castor oil.

I have no idea of the oils used by Jet engines. I dont think that sales person did either.
Old 31st March 2009, 11:02   #569
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
I think Skoda is waiting (hoping) for this thread dies a natural death after a few days/weeks. What they don't realize that even if no one adds on to this thread, the negative recommendations would continue.

I wonder how this would impact their plans for their small car. If this is what they do to relatively well-off customers, I can't imaging what they would do to the mass market they are targeting!
By all the cancellations posted here, I am assuming around 100 cancellations. Taking an average of about 12-13 lakhs per car( some being Fabia and some Superb), Skoda has already lost business worth over INR 12-13 crores in just 4 days!!!
Old 31st March 2009, 11:06   #570
BHPian

Errr... why do I continue to see the red skoda on right top corner? Cant it be removed? Skoda folks must be laughing over that.

~LT

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks