Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2009, 19:40   #511
BHPian

Why are they like this? Fiat, one of the best cars i ve ever driven..Had the same issue with their dealers then!... I sold mine bought many others includes, Lancer, Accent, Elantra...and now bought an Octavia...just felt the upgrade from the Fiat..Excellent car.. but why ? Why are they like this?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 30th March 2009 at 20:31.
Old 30th March 2009, 19:51   #512
BANNED

In just 3 day, 30k+ views and 700+ Votes - This should put some sense in Skoda dealers' minds
Meghna, or for that matter any other representative: This forum is no joke and you cannot play a fool around here.

Now think not just twice but a hundred times before posting anything here.

P.S. : This thread reminds me of the movie i watched last night : Halla Bol!! )

Last edited by zerocritical : 30th March 2009 at 19:59.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:00   #513
BHPian

Hello guys...

Emotions are flying thick and thin! But one doubt here. Did anybody check the authenticity of this particular post on which we have started an entire thread? Perhaps GTO, (since he is an administrator) has done something in this direction.

What if somebody with malicious intentions posted this? Then wouldn't this all backfire on the victim who is one of our fellow bhpians?

My humble suggestion lets please verify this post before we kind of escalate this to such an extent.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:06   #514
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Hello guys...

Emotions are flying thick and thin! But one doubt here. Did anybody check the authenticity of this particular post on which we have started an entire thread? Perhaps GTO, (since he is an administrator) has done something in this direction.

What if somebody with malicious intentions posted this? Then wouldn't this all backfire on the victim who is one of our fellow bhpians?

My humble suggestion lets please verify this post before we kind of escalate this to such an extent.
I am damn sure GTO must have done his homework before starting this thread. And the poll itself says : Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH!!
Old 30th March 2009, 20:08   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Either way, it would be rather cool to go around saying "Skoda has instigated me in a court case", so I think they should do this to me.
Sorry if its out of order on this thread, but that got me into a fit of laughter for a whole five minutes!

Dark glasses, straight face, fingers pointed towards a TV camera - "Y'know, Skoda has instigated me in a court case".

Precious
Old 30th March 2009, 20:08   #516
Senior - BHPian

Good family spirit seen all over this place ! My cousine was about to finalise on the new Superb, as my bro-in-law's family too. Although it was hard for me to convince them to chose another brand, finally they agreed. So over 40 laks business gone to Honda. They might now test drive Accord or CRV and finalise either of it.

As someone rightly said, any relative, friend, collegue or neighbour want to go for a new car, they have developed a habit of asking an 'automobile loving' person for the opinion apart from reading common forums, complaint boards etc. Skoda is very badly getting hit both from the existing users, complaint boards and forums. I can already see the brand breathing its last by its own administration by involving stupid games with its customers. I used to see Skoda showroom staff spenting time in computer games and messenger chatting in one of the middle east countries (estimated annual sales less than 15 cars in the whole country-back in 2005). If the 'attitude' continues here in India, we might see that soon !

Request to GTO: Please for God's sake remove the 'red car' from our pages ! I cant say "I hate cheese, I hate cheese" and carry the blown out picture of 'cheese burger' on my T-shirt all day long !
Old 30th March 2009, 20:12   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Skoda Corporate is linked to a (confirmed) email address @skoda-auto.co.in. The way that our system is set up, unless you confirm your email address (even if only updating), the system will not let you post.
Quote:
Hello guys...
I hope that the above GTO's post clears your query!
Old 30th March 2009, 20:13   #518
BHPian

Quote:

Whether the accuser is right or wrong is not the prime issue. The prime issue is that Skoda's PR flunkeys came here and made threats against the forum and its members, in a ham handed attempt to stop discussion.

They are facing the fall out of that. The days are past when companies could smother the public through a combination of interminable court cases and gag laws that prevent public dissemination of the facts.
Old 30th March 2009, 20:18   #519
BHPian

Oh man, this is just so sad Skoda. Am an advertising professional, so I know just how hard we have to slog to leverage whatever positive points there are in a product. And you have them positive points yes. But then you go do THIS. Appalling. Instead of putting your house in order, you right ahead and antagonize an entire community of opinion makers. Wow. But that's expected given you could dare to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Imagine you get a phone call from the dealer that the car is ready for delivery and we must have it picked up. You reach the dealerhsip to get the biggest shock of your life. Imagine your car here. You come to pick it up after six months and its standing with flat tyres, car is covered with dust, wet interiors, broken headlight, dent on the bonnet and side skirt, missing front grills, broken d pillar dressing inside, broken ash try, all air con vents inside the car broken, complete audio wiring disconnected and that too just cut and lying inside the door panel, screw drivers scars on the entire dash panel, broken steering column cover, dead battery, burnt fuse box installed on battery and a few more to list.

And when I lost my cool over this sight, the manager there just said "Sir, we haven't delivered the car to you yet."
And no, DO NOT tell me you are not responsible. Some ES AEY AIY PEE EL is. The brand I see is SKODA. Got it?

So you better climb down that smoke cloud up there and up your game instead. And till we see proof, let me strike another 'possible' Laura off your sales list.

Harish, Jolly, Diff and rest of the wronged gang, way to go guys! The entire T-BHP is with you, stride for stride.

GTO, you can guess my vote. You the man!
Old 30th March 2009, 20:28   #520
Senior - BHPian

I am from service industry as well, but we never turn on or loose temper towards our customer, competitors or critics, though the product we give service is mere ranging 1,000-30,000 Rs. But I am unable to understand how come Skoda can treat a user, who spent whopping 12 Lakhs on a product, in such a manner.

Certainly disgusting !!
Old 30th March 2009, 21:14   #521
BHPian

Hi Guys,

One update. My friend was about to purchase a new Laura. Showed him the thread and he has decided against buying Laura.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 30th March 2009, 21:15   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Skoda Corporate: Many have asked you this, I'm going to ask again:What exactly are you planning to do, to regain the confidence of the potential buyers. As far as I go, I would never buy a skoda and never recommend one.
+1 to that from me too. 28 hours of silence from Skoda Corporate, almost 200 posts from T-BHP members, and just so we don't forget the last post, here's the link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1235992-post339.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Yeti Maharaj - hope members won't protest about having a Skoda brand name associated with you, Sam
Or did they just forget to Czech?
Good pun, SG.
Old 30th March 2009, 21:20   #523
BHPian

I had just test drove a fabia diesel this weekend. We were pretty decided on buying this, but after reading this thread - no chance. no reason to risk my money and time.
btw the test drive vehicle came with fuel emplty indicator ON. After reading this thread just a simple thought that came to my mind - if they can send a car without fuel for test drive, what all can they do once the vehicle is ACTUALLY sold.

Last edited by METISWHG : 30th March 2009 at 21:21.
Old 30th March 2009, 21:26   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys...

GTO said it is a verified email-ID. meaning the user went back to the skoda ID, clicked on the link and then got it approved. so the user had access to the official skoda email account.

The thread was way beyond in discussion for me to join. but better late than never. way to go guys!
Old 30th March 2009, 21:32   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello guys...

@ trapezio what extent are you talking about ? and what verification would you talk about ?

what you see here is just the tip of the ice-berg. Skoda needs to totally revamp itself and its services. Respect is one word which is non-existent in Skoda. Skoda and its dealers do not respect its customers. They believe that once a sale done their job is done. But they fail to understand that, a sale is JUST the BEGINNING of a relationship. If the relationship is good it grows and if the relationship is bad, it deteriorates.

Its disappointing to see such a brilliant car maker bite the dust just because of high handed nature and horrid red tapism.

Cheers,
AC

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks