Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 20:43   #376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post

for us at Skoda Auto, customer service is of prime importance.
A system is being put in place to address customer service issues online.
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.
Its nice to see something positive happening now. I sincerely hope that things do get positive. If good cars + good service becomes reality, its win win situation for us.
However, I would appreciate if more concrete steps are taken. Rather than online problem solving methodology that rarely works ( even for softwares in case of computers ), I would love to see the end user getting justice as soon as possible. In case of Harishv, an immediate replacement of his vehicle + compensation is the solution that we can consider as a bold step.
Through the medium of internet the complains can just be read or at the most heard. But that is not all, the problem must be solved and the core of the problem be attacked. I wonder how online problems can be addressed such that the solution is comes fast. Already we have emailing system, etc.

Nevertheless, if what you have stated is correct, then its the first positive outcome of this thread.
Old 29th March 2009, 20:47   #377
BHPian

It is time for these big corporates realise that awareness today is at an all time high. We will not sit quiet and be trampled upon. Pull up your socks and stop supplying sub standard products. Satisfied customers are your bread and butter. The sooner you understand this, the better.
Old 29th March 2009, 21:55   #378
BHPian

We're listening. And if you think you can mend the ways of the company, you have my numbers. Dial. Lets start from there. I am not letting this one slide easily. I have a lot of friends here who are still facing what I have been through and we will fight till the end. And the end will be a win win situation for us. It can be for you too. But for that you need to give this personal attention. Customer service numbers and emails is a very old excuse.

Quote:
Hello all,
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

Many thanks,
Skoda.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:18   #379
abk
BHPian

Damage control

Dear Skoda Corporate,

It may appear to my more optimist folks here in TBHP that some positive steps have been initiated from your side. However, much to the contrary, I personally view your posts have deviated more towards mere rambling on.

First things first: Please issue a public apology for "instigating" or whatever you meant in that post on TBHP. Next, explain why that statement (i clearly read it as a threat) was issued and what corrective/punitive measures are being taken to ensure such gross acts of irresponsibility will not recur in future. Do substantiate it with tangible evidence - not just another email.

Because you infringed on our fundamental right to speech and expression you OUGHT to issue a public apology for that act.

In parallel, put a definite STOP to all Harish's plight IMMEDIATELY. The law can take its course but if that gives you an excuse to prolong a customer's agonies then you've had it.

Unfortunately for Skoda and fortunately for customers, it does not mean the story will be over, closed and forgotten. "The evil that men do lives after them.."

I would hope in interests of all of us, including Skoda India, corrective measures are deployed without any delay at all. Extraordinary circumstances require extraordinary steps. Therefore, do all that could be done including changing attitude towards customers. If this requires re-organising the corporate structure and hierarchy do it or you soon corporate itself may cease to exist in India If you do not respond fast to and address appropriately the growing negativity around Skoda, then Skoda India is certainly staring down the barrel.

Bon voyage, Skoda India!

Last edited by abk : 29th March 2009 at 22:22.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:23   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post

I did not leave them when I was alone with family and few friends. Guess what I will do to them with an army of 40,000 Team Bhpians behind me ’.
Not just 40,000, Count in the Family members & friends of the each Team-Bhpian, I am sure this thread is have been discussed by almost everyone who have gone through your story. at least I discussed it with with my wife while having dinner, I am sure many more like me would have done that with there family & friends. I can also see people forwarding this thread link to there known ones.

I think the damage is already done for Skoda. They better put their act together now or else Bye Bye Skoda.
GD

Last edited by greatDrive : 29th March 2009 at 22:29.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:26   #381
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
the spurious brake discs and pads were already existing in my vehicle at the time of my accident. I met with an accident on 29th Feb 2008. The brakes did not respond as well as it should have and I couldn't stop the car and hit the huge dead bull lying in the middle of the road.
Harish, thank your wife's prayers that the said accident didn't have a seriously negative outcome on your well-being. For all the airbags & safety ratings, Skoda goes on to change the brakes in its customers cars.....effectively making them widow-makers!!!

Quote:
The last 12 months since the Skoda saga started have been very trying for my family and me.

The common consensus amongst people was that I was wasting my time up a one - way street. My wife, 2 kids and a few close friends stood by me strongly and backed me all the way.
The fight for justice is a long, difficult, uphill road. It is fine gentlemen like you - who have the conviction to fight for your right - that make the world a better place for the rest of us. Kudo's to your spirit, Harish!

Quote:
But, Friday onwards it was a totally different story. The excitement at home was palpable and more than on Mumbai streets during an India-Pakistan cricket match. The family was glued to the computer and they kept the phone lines buzzing giving me an update of the happenings on the Team Bhp web site. Like my wife said “ Harish there is a God”

- ‘Dad, 250 and 90. 21000 and 2300 ‘

‘305 and 140, 22080 and 3837 ‘

‘Dad, GTO’s thread is on fire‘

‘That Harbir guy is awesome. He has got a Lotus’

‘GTO is cool’

‘Amit-mech has gone ballastic. He wants to bash up the Continental mechanic’.

The commentary kept my spirits up all along the drive back home. They kept track of every post and the views expressed on both the threads.

All four of us are travel and car enthusiasts. We have traveled all round the country in our M800, Esteem and then the Skoda. We share an Esteem now.

Our family credo has been - ‘Wherever there is a road we’ll drive’.

My 18 yr old son is my navigator. He is a national level athlete – sprinter and expects all cars to FLY. Hates anybody overtaking us. He has been viewing the entire Team Bhp garage. He wants to join the gang.

My 13 yr old daughter was curious to know what would be the course of action now. ‘Dad, don’t leave them’ is what she has been saying from day one.

I said “ Baby, I did not leave them when I was alone with family and few friends. Guess what I will do to them with an army of 40,000 Team Bhpians behind me ’.
Let me be honest with you : I wouldn't know you from the other guy if we bumped into each other tommorow. However, the sole reason that Team-BHP has stood up for you is that we stand for the TRUTH. As the largest and ONLY unbiased source of information on the Indian car scene, we carry a huge responsibility on our shoulders. Though we hope no other Harish has to go through the same ordeal that Skoda put you through, that person can count on the same level of Team-BHP Support.

Quote:
Would love to be personally acquainted with all of you.
You better have a lot of time on your hands. After all, we are a united bunch of 40,000 petrolheads

Quote:
Excuse me if you find this post off topic and little mushy.
Well, Team-BHP does think from the heart first (and then from the head). Honestly, that's the only way we know how to live.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:31   #382
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.
Walk the walk, Skoda. Promises are easy to make, easier to break butttttttttttttt the most difficult to fulfill. Effective immediately, get cracking on solving Harish' issues and offer him a solution that he is satisfied with. Else, we will have to take this statement as little more than PR gibberish (and PR is not exactly your strong point now, is it?). Prove to us that you can take care of one customer. And we'll give you benefit of doubt for the rest.

Again, WALK THE TALK.
Old 29th March 2009, 22:35   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
You better have a lot of time on your hands. After all, we are a united bunch of 40,000 petrolheads
.... and a few of us oil burners (diesel) as well
Old 29th March 2009, 22:44   #384
Senior - BHPian

yes its not only 40k bhpians. the whole of my office is busy discussing this for last few days, pulling leg of our Project manager who owns skoda.
He was like yaar amit isko bech sakte hai kya. i said there are few already on team-bhp, no one will buy them now.
he has found out a source to post this in the daily newspaper in pune , the PUNE MIRROR.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:03   #385
BHPian

Is only Skoda to blame?!

I am sorry to be critical about the view of Tbhp and the author in this issue. What about TBHPs favorite vehicle that all of you never criticized but actually been the companies mouth peace for marketing? Yes i am talking about the Gurkaha. Since the day i bought most of my trips have been fraugh with minor or major glitches. I spend most of my time in the work shop spending my presious time and money in hopes that one day it would be a perfect vehicel. After months of fixing issues i was a bit relieved that all of its is comeing to an end but suddenly when i started the vehicel yesterday i hurd a distinct gear box noise ratteling under the chase. What now?

Why blame Skoda? When my Skoda broke down in middle of the forest in Kodikanal i toed it to the nearest work shop and even though they charged me 70,000 for the clutch the stand by team drove all the way from chennai and reached there in 8hrs and fixed my clutch.

Never the less all my experiences with big business has left a sour taste in my mouth. The HP Pavilion Laptop i bought does not charge, my skodas clutch got burnt twice at 13,000 and 30,000 kms and second time i had to pay out of my pocket, my Gurkha is pandering fool and i can give you many other examples out of my own life where big business has failed miserably, with all their quality control promises and 6 or 12 sigma bollocks, that never work in reality.

I no longer trust in Big business and a lot of other man made institutions, I think all of them are a big game. A big game a con and racket. After the Global recession all my doubts are only being cleared with Big names like AIG, Shity(Citi) bank, Satyam and all the rest of those trust worth names coming out with huge skeletons from their closet.

Dont just blame Skoda, all big business is a farse and a con. You need to see that to start some where.

Thank You.

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 29th March 2009 at 23:10.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:03   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.
We appreciate the fact that you took the trouble to post on a sunday afternoon. The problem is, I dont understand management spiel.

Why dont you get down to solving Harish's and Kapil's problems starting tomorrow morning, say sorry in plain English to them and to Team BHP and we all will move on.

I dont think there is any need for any online systems, proactivity or merits or otherwise to do this isnt it.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:04   #387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.
Welcome to Team BHP Skoda Corporate/Meghna.

Whats stopping you from picking up the phone and speaking to the relevant people and settling harish's skoda car issue, first thing tomorrow morning? Dont tell me its litigation, no sane person would want to initiate a legal path unless he has been driven up the wall!

For a company one of the easiest way out, since the legal counsel is sitting there paid! Many of us are professionals who do this for living, mind you

As far as we understood harish is expecting a reliable car and a stern reprimand towards the cheating dealer (ideally remove your companies association with such entities, you will sell more cars then).

Again I welcome your initiative of online customer support, the success of which will be based on the decision makers who will eventually resolve these complaints, take stern actions if required. Show that you really mean business as a company make a move NOW! Offline do work sometimes.

ps: I love the Skoda Vrs, maybe you can provide a lil more stiffer suspension thats all. But seeing a good friend suffer here in BLR wrt bad service support, i have started questioning my affection for the brand.

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th March 2009 at 23:12.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:14   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.
Send a mail to Toyota India on their web site, see how fast they respond you on your phone. Get your Customer care head an Altis and see how they take care of him. How many satisfaction forms they get filled by you. I was a bit unsatisfied in first 2 months, but after 5 months of ownership, I think that I will never buy any other brand then Toyota.

Dealers are a reflect of main company's policies and ethics. Whenever I have taken my car to their service center they have always offered me a free clean up. Last time after my long highway trip there were tarcoal spots in front. They offered a complete free wash inside and outside as it was 5000 KMS (service due at 10000Kms).

Thats taking care of customer.

For you: You have sold lots of cars, infact they are a success. But don't get success on your head. Take care of your customers and the sales will take care of themselves.

Its not too late here too. If say maximum you have 100 complaints it will take 2 months to solve all of them. As soon as you honestly satisfy first unsatisfied customer the image graph stops going down. One case is already here, solve it, and prove.

We know online complaints can be checked by senior management directly bypassing the dealers and juniors, it is a very good idea, but act.. otherwise there is no meaning of online complaint department.
Old 29th March 2009, 23:17   #389
BHPian

A car is a second most prized asset of an Indian family after a house. Some of us pay through our nose just to own a M800 let alone a 1.2 million rupee skoda..!! This kind of attitude is simply outrageous

Sending this link to group email of my company.....
We are 55000 strong...

Also sending this link to my brother for posting in group email of his company. He works in top IT indian major in Bangalore
Old 29th March 2009, 23:18   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Many thanks,
Skoda.
Some several hundreds of posts have been made in shock and horror at your previous post. What have you got to say about that? Nothing.

More marketing spin. One can tell that by a fondness for words like proactive and merit . One can tell by utterly-obvious techniques such as leave the negative, say something positive. Soon you'll tell us that you are working towards something, or working with somebody to ensure...

Everybody who does not have an MBA in marketing or who does not work in a marketing department* recognises this talk. Am I allowed to mention what comes out of cows on the forum?

I have to wonder, then, if the current management are capable of remedying anything. Do you people know any other language?

Like the teachers always used to write on my homework:

Could do better. Try harder next time.

* (and a few rare individuals that do, in fairness to some of our members)

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 29th March 2009 at 23:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks