Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2009, 17:54   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
HOLY COW!

There is over 10 pages of complaints there! (at a cursory glance only next to PAN card complaints!)

Somebody mail some coffee across to the Skoda HO.
Send them an espresso machine, because there are more here:

Skoda India / Laura Complaints - Terrible service!
Old 29th March 2009, 17:56   #347
GRV
BHPian

SKODA India

Absolutely well said. We as Team-Bhpian not only stand by truth and our fundamental right as customer, but also we will contribute financially if needed.

SKODA may be a giant, but we collectively can pull their shutter down if they continue to treat customers like this.

I am going to send the link by mail to my college alumni (I am from IIM-A) and I am sure my batchmates will take a serious look at this arrogant company.

let SKODA take all of us to court for sending links by e-mail and next SMS based message.

We all respect the legal process, but we as a customer have right to air and share our view , our experience with other fellow customer.

GRV
Old 29th March 2009, 17:56   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

FACT THREE : Member Harishv has been an unfortunate recipient of Skoda’s appalling standards of service. His only fault? That he spent 12 lakh rupees on the wrong brand. His Skoda had parts worth a whopping 4.0 lakh rupees replaced by counterfeit ones by Skoda's official dealer / representative; fake parts that could have taken a toll on his family’s life (e.g. fake brake discs installed in his car). Now, Skoda is busy fighting him in court. Not to mention, his Skoda Octavia has yet not been returned to him. IN A YEAR!
GTO

Just a reminder.

If you read the last para of the vehicle inspection report of my car by Skoda Engineer Ramkrishna Surabhi, the spurious brake discs and pads were already existing in my vehicle at the time of my accident. I met with an accident on 29th Feb 2008. The brakes did not respond as well as it should have and I couldn't stop the car and hit the huge dead bull lying in the middle of the road.

- In the month of January 14th, 08, the said vehicle was reported for periodic service and during that service schedule the dealer had replaced both front brake rotors (brake discs), but within a month period the customer has faced concern about brake juddering, as per the customer apprehension, I have inspected the replaced brake discs, found the same are Non-Genuine parts (substandard spares which are available in grey-market).
harishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2009, 18:01   #349
rippergeo

It would be nice if we could set up a "number of potential skoda bookings cancelled" counter, so that Skoda corporate can keep upto date with the amount of financial loss she has created for her company, by this ham fisted approach.

Old 29th March 2009, 18:17   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoda Corporate View Post
...address customer service issues online.

work proactively to resolve them on merit.
Skoda Corporate speaks (through Meghna?) again.

Customer service issues will henceforth be addressed online. We are terrified of meeting you guys in person, since we are mortified of you and your car. We shall try to resolve your issues online too, like HP does. Close all the windows, disconnect the power, reconnect and reboot. Hope that removed the problem...

We'll also resolve them on merit. If you cleared your Ll.B. with 80% marks, you've got merit. If you are not a graduate, you haven't acquired enough merit. Go back to college before we resolve your problem.

Who're you kidding, Skoda? Or are you just trying to be simply clever?
Old 29th March 2009, 18:23   #351
BHPian

Hi Team Bhpians,

The last 12 months since the Skoda saga started have been very trying for my family and me.

The common consensus amongst people was that I was wasting my time up a one - way street. My wife, 2 kids and a few close friends stood by me strongly and backed me all the way.

There were anxious moments when they were worried. Valuable time, which could have been spent on business and family, got wasted.

But, Friday onwards it was a totally different story. The excitement at home was palpable and more than on Mumbai streets during an India-Pakistan cricket match. The family was glued to the computer and they kept the phone lines buzzing giving me an update of the happenings on the Team Bhp web site. Like my wife said “ Harish there is a God”

- ‘Dad, 250 and 90. 21000 and 2300 ‘

‘305 and 140, 22080 and 3837 ‘

‘Dad, GTO’s thread is on fire‘

‘That Harbir guy is awesome. He has got a Lotus’

‘GTO is cool’

‘Amit-mech has gone ballastic. He wants to bash up the Continental mechanic’.

The commentary kept my spirits up all along the drive back home. They kept track of every post and the views expressed on both the threads.

All four of us are travel and car enthusiasts. We have traveled all round the country in our M800, Esteem and then the Skoda. We share an Esteem now.

Our family credo has been - ‘Wherever there is a road we’ll drive’.

My 18 yr old son is my navigator. He is a national level athlete – sprinter and expects all cars to FLY. Hates anybody overtaking us. He has been viewing the entire Team Bhp garage. He wants to join the gang.

My 13 yr old daughter was curious to know what would be the course of action now. ‘Dad, don’t leave them’ is what she has been saying from day one.

I said “ Baby, I did not leave them when I was alone with family and few friends. Guess what I will do to them with an army of 40,000 Team Bhpians behind me ’.

Would love to be personally acquainted with all of you.

Excuse me if you find this post off topic and little mushy.

Thanks Team Bhp.
harishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2009, 18:37   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
GTO

Just a reminder.

If you read the last para of the vehicle inspection report of my car by Skoda Engineer Ramkrishna Surabhi, the spurious brake discs and pads were already existing in my vehicle at the time of my accident. I met with an accident on 29th Feb 2008. The brakes did not respond as well as it should have and I couldn't stop the car and hit the huge dead bull lying in the middle of the road.

- In the month of January 14th, 08, the said vehicle was reported for periodic service and during that service schedule the dealer had replaced both front brake rotors (brake discs), but within a month period the customer has faced concern about brake juddering, as per the customer apprehension, I have inspected the replaced brake discs, found the same are Non-Genuine parts (substandard spares which are available in grey-market).
Dint register the first time I read it!

DAMN - I would have booked them for attempted murder straight - nothing less!! And made the Skoda MD an accessory to it!

I am very thankful they have nothing to do with commercial aviation!

Quote:
Hello all,
for us at Skoda Auto, customer service is of prime importance.
The faux pas 's continue - pathetic choice of an opening statement. The last 23 odd pages of this thread , 20 odd pages of the other.. and the zillion examples/instances quoted therein ALL underline only one thing - that customer and customer service is of the LEAST importance to Skoda!

Quote:
Hello all,
A system is being put in place to address customer service issues online.
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.

That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.
The whole post is cryptic enough to be devoid of ANY sentiment (of the right kind!).

More 'Spin'???

Last edited by kb100 : 29th March 2009 at 18:50.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:47   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
harishv : Excuse me if you find this post off topic and little mushy.
@Harish, It's not just the TBHP-ians who are posting here who are supporting you. I'm sure there's quite a few TBHP-ians like me, who are silently participating in these thread, and supporting you.

Dont Give Up !

Your post above was kind of an introduction. It feels good to meet like-minded folks : families like yours who are all petrol-heads & travel crazy. And Your journey has just begun, on another route altogether : Team-BHP

Last edited by condor : 29th March 2009 at 18:50.
Old 29th March 2009, 18:47   #354
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post
Are we thinking of TBHP as some kind of RAMBO. I feel this statement was unwarranted that too coming from a MoD..
I am sorry my statement has been misunderstood. The statement was directed at Skoda and it's dealers. The object being that Skoda should have worked with TBHP instead of trying to threaten us. If Skoda hd dome the former they would have been given kudos insteds of all these brickbats.

Quote:
Hello all,
Our customer service department will scrutinize each issue and work proactively to resolve them on merit.
That is our commitment to you.
Many thanks,
Skoda.
1. Since exactly when has customer service been of prime importance? If it has and Skoda still has so many complaints wonder what would have happened if customer service was of secondary importance!

2. Who will determine merit? Skoda? On what basis? On what basis was the merit in Harish's case determined?

3. Commitment manifests itself in action. To quote The Who
"Let's see action, let's see people,
Let's see freedom up in the air,
Let's see action, let's see people,
Let's be free, let's see who cares
."

Quote:
Would love to be personally acquainted with all of you.
Thank you Harish. It should be us, thanking you!
Old 29th March 2009, 19:09   #355
BHPian

Dear Harish,
i am regular reader of this post from day one. I am with you, i have done my bit, i have send link of this post to all the emploees of my company. We are 10,000 in numbers.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:09   #356

I was going through this post and am totally shocked at the attitude of skoda towards its consumers, whatever happened to sales after service, courtesy...skoda india must be downright ashamed of what has happened and instead, they intend to fight it out against harish and now against team bhp? this case needs to be brought to the notice of the entire media clan in india and the justice should be served...can one of the mods remove that red skoda car which appears on the team bhp site...it is a disgrace to have it on the team bhp site
Old 29th March 2009, 19:11   #357
BHPian

Quote:

Excuse me if you find this post off topic and little mushy.

Thanks Team Bhp.
Harish the post is not mushy, it is easy to be overwhelmed by this kind of support. Thats the least we can do after the ordeal that you have been through.

I am reminded of a quote by Reverend Martin Niemoeller:
"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.
When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

We at team bhp will not remain silent. If you need any help out here in Mumbai please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by Volt : 29th March 2009 at 19:12.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:11   #358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,

Customer service? What is that? If it is of prime importance, why does someone like Harish have to go through all these?

Quote:
And what will this system be? How many years is this going to take to be implemented?

Quote:
If Skoda can at least take reactive measures to the issues on Team-BHP & other forums as of now, and solve the existing issues before being proactive, that would be much appreciated.

Last edited by pulsar56 : 29th March 2009 at 19:12.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:15   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
“ Baby, I did not leave them when I was alone with family and few friends. Guess what I will do to them with an army of 40,000 Team Bhpians behind me ’.
Way to go, Harish-ji. Skoda and Skoda Corporate, are you listening? I'm sure you are, so have you lost a little colour from your face?

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 29th March 2009 at 19:16.
Old 29th March 2009, 19:19   #360
Senior - BHPian

I think its time to change the Skoda on TBHP page, as already discussed and suggested by fellow BHPians...
I felt something like this would be better than a Skoda...
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP stands for the TRUTH. But Skoda wants to “instigate” Team-BHP and its users!-tbhpnano.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks