Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2009, 23:42   #256
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

But if you do it like the last time you "tried to engage", you will get shouted down again.
Thad - Don't you think there is an extra "O" there? Did you mean shut down?

SIMON GO BACK!!
Old 29th March 2009, 00:04   #257
BHPian

I was considering Fabia as my next buy but would not touch it with a barge pole considering the attitude adopted by Skoda India against my forum even though the local Skoda dealer is a close friend .
Old 29th March 2009, 00:06   #258
BHPian

I have done my bit.

I have done my bit for my countrymen by dissuading 3 of my patients and 1 of my colleagues from buying a Skoda vehicle and umpteen number of people from buying the Indica. I am in the process of persuading another colleague of mine into selling his Skoda Octavia to an unsuspecting fool. If some of you are offended by me calling SKoda owners fools, take heart; as I too have been fooled into buying my Junkindica 8 and 3/4 years ago.

Last edited by Zappo : 29th March 2009 at 11:54. Reason: Lets keep it relevant and to the point.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:12   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
GTO,
I agree Skoda has interacted in the wrong way but I think team-bhp needs to maintain its quality. judging from the way Skoda people are participating online on our boards, they are young and lack experience.

It's time this thread is cleaned up if we really need some qualitative communication from Skoda for our Member who is the real victim.

Just my two cents.

Devarshi, is this inside information you have about Skoda Corporate?
In what capacity are you associated with the company?

heh, I am not associated with the company. Its just visible in the way they are handling the issue.

my main concern here is that instead of fighting with Skoda we should be trying to get our bhpian justice. All the members here are just bashing the brand like every other thread. what's the use?
Old 29th March 2009, 00:18   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
My Junkindica case too is in court and the present status is that the State Forum has lost my case files and they have been searching for it since March 24th 2008.

Funny thing is that the South Zone chief had foretold 5 years ago that the case files would be lost.
It seems that skoda is counting on defeating the righteous citizen through the use of the incompetent courts and the corruption floating around the judicial system.

I think we should cause so much pain for Skoda that it becomes in their benefit to settle with Harish Kanchan and make a public pledge in full age adverts to sin no more against its customers.

I think a webforum thread is limited in terms of spreading the news because people aren't going to read 20 pages. Nor is it going to reach all the other aggrieved peoples

I suggest a consumer activist website against Skoda' to be spread through out India and to Indian media.

For that we will need content. one case is not enough.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:19   #261
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by leodelg View Post
While I am 100% with all the Team BHPians in condemning the malpractices that Skoda India has been up to, I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the way that most people have personally attacked the Skoda employee. If you read her post again, it seems clear that she has been instructed by her supervisors.

We must all have had bosses at least once in our careers who don't analyze the situation clearly and order us to do something silly as a knee jerk reaction. And who knows? The Skoda employee might have been instrcuted by a 'wise. old man' who has no idea how to even boot up a system (and hence has absolutely no idea about the power of the internet). So while I join all Team BHPians in shouting profanities at Skoda India, I request everyone to think twice before making personal attacks.

Cheers!!
While I do appreciate your point of view (we normally advice that to all our members when they take on someone individually... and we do not stand personal attacks) I would like to make two points of note here...
  1. No one as yet has attacked her as a person. They have only taken offense to her suggestion, in a much civilized tone. We keep a watch, as always, to ensure that no one really uses any uncivilized tone.
  2. Just check out who she is, or at least claims she is. She is a director or something for PR for Skoda. So, even if she was pressurized by someone still higher in the band to post that on behalf of Skoda one will expect her to realize the import of what she is doing at her level. A rookie being pressurized by his/her manager to post something is not the same as a 'director' posting a message on behalf of a corporate and then taking umbrage behind a crumbling defence of an old overbearing boss.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:30   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
GTO,

1) While I totally agree with Team-Bhp's stand on the issue, many members are just having fun posting here with no business.( not pointing to any member here)

2) I agree Skoda has interacted in the wrong way but I think team-bhp needs to maintain its quality. judging from the way Skoda people are participating online on our boards, they are young and lack experience.

3) It's time this thread is cleaned up if we really need some qualitative communication from Skoda for our Member who is the real victim.
1) I think each and every member has a right to opinion. Anybody will get frustrated and agitated after reading how capable Skoda is to lead a car owner to helpless condition.

2) The problem is in attitude. Generally from what I have seen as a communications manager, etc. what all one needs is MBA degree. My friend's sister has worked with Honda. These people just dont know anything even about crankshaft or even wiper motor. They go on to become head of one department or the other. IMHO, for car companies, they should hire people know that a car has more parts than 4 wheels, steering wheel and three pedals. For them headlamp ( bulb ) = halogen = best. They dont know difference between H7 and H4. This is just an example.
All this leads to pure misunderstanding and misinterpretation at both ends. Here certain standards are to be made and rigidly adhered to.

3) I think we already have threads running on that. This is to show Skoda that they cannot come forward boldly and threaten anyone. They are now habituated to get away with impunity.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 29th March 2009 at 00:34.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:32   #263
Senior - BHPian

Guys, could we replace the Octi from the top right hand of tbhp page. It was a symbol of what we thought of the brand, but with these callous incidents we need a new mascot. Mods Please do the needful.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:33   #264
Senior - BHPian

If Skoda have slightest of brain they will never file any case against Team-BHP. Why? See below:

If they file the case and at the end:

They loose: Obviously they'll loose and then there will be no where to hide for them, after court judgment, this matter will go in each news channel and print..

If they win: They win the case but loose a lot because they fought with customer.

For team-bhp:

If we win: Obviously we will win and will win big, then no place to hide for Skoda.
If we lose: Then too we will win a lot because we fought, with customer.

So in the end they loose cause they fought and we'll win cause we fought. It is in favors of us if they file case on us, irrespective of consequence. There will not be lack of funding to fight the case even life long..

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 29th March 2009 at 00:35.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:34   #265
BHPian

her bit about "been advised to", didn't come from a senior person. It came from the lawyer advising them, whose name I had posted earlier.

That fellow, likely around 30 years old, seems to have tried a standard trick of the lawyer trade, which is to fluff yourself up and threaten the other party with vague legal threats.

In this case it was a BIG MISTAKE!!

This means that the lawyer did not understand that the internet is open threats that would work against a media company that has to survive by the permission of the law, are ineffective against the Internet and can have completely the opposite effect. And Meghna Choksey also didn't give enough through to the Striesand Effect taking place and how that could open the flood gates.

As such, both these people have failed at their jobs and they are both incompetent.

Hopefully, this will grow to cause Skoda so much pain that they will hire a new PR director, and they will be forced to investigate the allegations and address them outside of court.

In the end, its up to us to make this happen.

If we just satisfy ourself by posting excited messages and do no more, I fear Skoda may escape any penalties, and so will Meghna Choksey. So it is now in her interest to just keep quiet till the passions here have cooled off, and then they will proceed to shaft Harish Kanchan with a red hot poker.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:39   #266
BHPian

#1 on the hot threads

As for the car banner, on the main site it changes but I guess it's not compatible or something with the forum, thus the delay. I'm sure they want the red disgust up there to be gone as much as you and me.

As for Meghna, she was online in the afternoon and is obviously now reading posts as a guest.
Maybe she and bosses/co workers use the Sunday to think hard and come up with a decent acceptable response on Monday.
Old 29th March 2009, 00:50   #267
Senior - BHPian

This is an interesting page. we have posts here every minute, or so. From 2400 to 0030 in the morning?????
Old 29th March 2009, 01:04   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I have done my bit for my countrymen by dissuading 3 of my patients and 1 of my colleagues from buying a Skoda vehicle and umpteen number of people from buying the Indica. I am in the process of persuading another colleague of mine into selling his Skoda Octavia to an unsuspecting fool. If some of you are offended by me calling SKoda owners fools, take heart; as I too have been fooled into buying my Junkindica 8 and 3/4 years ago.

Hah, the oldest trick in the book, won't work, go for an appeal in the higher courts against the lost case files, you can win.

I am sure you will have a copy of all documents.
wishing you the best in the case.

cheers
M
Edit, a certain member has voted against' team bhp's fair code of conduct, 365 votes against one !

Was it a sense of bias sir (to the voter who has voted against the statement that Team BHP is fair ?)

There needs to be a great reason to be voting for NO !

regards

Last edited by Zappo : 29th March 2009 at 11:57. Reason: Quoted post edited as the original was also edited.
Old 29th March 2009, 01:13   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
If Skoda have slightest of brain they will never file any case against Team-BHP. Why? See below:

If they file the case and at the end:

They loose: Obviously they'll loose and then there will be no where to hide for them, after court judgment, this matter will go in each news channel and print..

If they win: They win the case but loose a lot because they fought with customer.

For team-bhp:

If we win: Obviously we will win and will win big, then no place to hide for Skoda.
If we lose: Then too we will win a lot because we fought, with customer.

So in the end they loose cause they fought and we'll win cause we fought. It is in favors of us if they file case on us, irrespective of consequence. There will not be lack of funding to fight the case even life long..
They were never going to file a suit against T-BHP. It's a standard scare tactic used by companies to threaten people into bending down and shutting up. Unfortunately for them, they never got the memo that Team BHP is made up of highly influential members, not only in the automotive scene, but everywhere else too.

People here are from respected fields such as law, engineering, medicine, management and other influential professions, and from large Indian and multi-national companies with quite a bit of pull. They expected TBHP to be a group of snotty-nosed 14 year old teenagers who just have posters of Ferraris and Lamborghinis in their rooms. The scary part for them is that the last part about Ferrari and Lamborghini posters is quite true and every member here is incredibly passionate about cars and bikes. And this silly woman threatened them all, accusing them of defamation and insults.

Goodbye Skoda, and thanks for all the fish (or should I say lemons?)
Old 29th March 2009, 01:20   #270
BHPian

Did my part..YEAH!!. One more customer lost for Skoda. My uncle had his eyes on the Superb. I convinced him to stay away from Skoda. It was waaay too easy. Just asked him to go through this thread. Scared the crap out of him. MAN!! This thread is POWERFUL or what. Now he's busy spreading the news.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks