Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 12:35   #1126
BANNED

I just came across another incident of sloppy service by skoda. I dont know if it has already been posted here. here's the link:

Skoda Complaints - POOR AFTER-SALES SERVICE
Old 7th April 2009, 12:39   #1127
BHPian

guys i am fighting the battle in my own way,
one of my colleague was just came back from states, he was thinking of buying Sedan. He was considering Skoda as one of the option.

I managed to turn him away from Skoda.
Hit them hard.

Purani kahawat "Naa rahegaa Baas naa bajagi Basuri".
Old 7th April 2009, 13:18   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
I just came across another incident of sloppy service by skoda. I dont know if it has already been posted here. here's the link:

Man, this is amazing.. In particular, check the link titled: 'Skoda dealer behavior and business strategy.' under more skoda complaints.. Something very similar to Harish's plight..!

I beleive, by sending the threat to Team-bhp, Skoda has opened not a can of but lots of drums of worms...!!!
Old 7th April 2009, 13:58   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post

Oh that page is FULL of Skoda complaints!!!! See the others here:

Skoda Complaints - DEFECTIVE SKODA LAURA A/T

Skoda Complaints - Engine Stalling

Skoda Complaints - Defective Superb

Skoda Complaints - Laura

Skoda Complaints - skoda dealer behavior and business strategy ............

Read the comments from actual owners under each write-up and each of those links easily contains a dozen complaints of similar nature from OTHER owners!

and much more...

Scary! WHAT A CAN OF WORMS!

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th April 2009 at 14:01.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:04   #1130
BANNED

... or simply this: Indian Consumer Complaints Forum | skoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Oh that page is FULL of Skoda complaints!!!! See the others here:

Skoda Complaints - DEFECTIVE SKODA LAURA A/T

Skoda Complaints - Engine Stalling

Skoda Complaints - Defective Superb

Skoda Complaints - Laura

Skoda Complaints - skoda dealer behavior and business strategy ............

Read the comments from actual owners under each write-up and each of those links easily contains a dozen complaints of similar nature from OTHER owners!

and much more...

Scary! WHAT A CAN OF WORMS!
Old 7th April 2009, 14:05   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Steeroid : WHAT A CAN OF WORMS!
The comment always was that the Skodas were built like a tank. ... More apt to say :

WHAT A TANK OF WORMS !!

?
Old 7th April 2009, 14:10   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Sign! Talk about a wonderful product totally messed up by the company, this one take the biggest cake of all!
Old 7th April 2009, 14:10   #1133
BHPian

WOW!!

...and here i was, thinking, 'I' had problems with fiat service!!!

This is unbelievable!!!

how many of us think all this is going to make significant difference:

i know Skoda's lost one customer - me (I always wanted the RS - now i'm sad to stick to my values and give up buying the RS)
Old 7th April 2009, 14:16   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacmagic View Post
Thats 11 pages of complaints! Owners saying 'I hate the company, hate the car, Skoda Go Back' and stuff like that. (To be fair, there's a bit of rubbish in there too including my a/c knob came off or my music system is crap and even one Chevy Tavera complaint!)

Every one of them seems to know the names of all the top brass at Skoda India and Skoda Auto (the international wing) and their email ids. Most of them have actually escalated the cases to these chaps.

Some of the write ups there by irate customers make harish's and kapil's experiences seem like a walk in the park!!! There's this company that owns 16 of their cars that is complaining about a majority of those vehicles!

If so many owners could not convince the company that they need to look at their manufacturing, sales and service processes, what hope does this company have?

In addition to the manufacturing issues and defective cars delivered, there are numerous complaints against dealers too, the top culprits being:

1. Nummer Eins
2. Giriraj Motors, Gurgaon
3. Mahavir Auto, Bhubaneshwar

Last edited by Steeroid : 7th April 2009 at 14:23.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:27   #1135
Team-BHP Support

I had picked up this month's isue of 'What Car' magazine which is a sister publication of ACI. In it, there is an article about a customer who bought a Laura and fed up with the problems which occurred one following the other, wrote in to the magazine to see if they could help him out of his predicament. Apparently, they even refused to extend the warranty as a goodwill gesture which shows how much faith they have in their own product.

Among the common parts which failed were the belts, flywheel (remember Sam's friend's episode) etc. Now, dont these ring a bell? After all, these are frequently reported on our forum.

It seems the magazine wrote in to the officials at Skoda who simply washed their hands off the matter. How convenient!

All along, other manufacturers took the stick when it came to stories of horrid after-sales. Skoda seems to be hell-bent on striking with a venegance and pulling back the lead which the others took.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:36   #1136
BHPian

I always admired the skoda cars, simply for the disign and build quality which essentially skoda is known for. but looking at the kind of complaints here, their overall reliability is at question. and i am surprised to see that instead of correcting it skoda messing with their customers and have shown their agility to instigate us? hell i wont buy a skoda ever, even if they correct things in future.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:47   #1137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
hell i wont buy a skoda ever, even if they correct things in future.
throttleking, if everybody said this, what incentive would there be for a company to improve?
Old 7th April 2009, 14:55   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
throttleking, if everybody said this, what incentive would there be for a company to improve?
I don't think a company like this deserves to be in business after what they have done. They are hand in glove with the dealers and all this while they have been trying all the way to sweep the dealers deeds under the carpet.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:57   #1139
Senior - BHPian

after seeing so many customers with niggling problems one question arises out of my mind. even when we buy a 50k bike we expect that there should be no part failure.
after buying a small maruti or santro too people have very less/nil complaints that the timing belt failed or some major component failed.
whats shocking is people claim that Skoda is a very nicely build car and all. but then after paying 12 lacs dont we expect that these parts are of high quality and shouldnt fail?
20k , 30k etc are not a great figure on the odo that the clutch or timing best or the turbo or the intercooler needs replacement.
hell with the mentioned quality about skoda.
if one pays less as we pay for chinese cheap items and it fails no one crimbles about it. but at such a premimum Skoda should manufacture high quality parts.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:00   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
I dont really care, leaders are supposed to lead by example. is skoda waiting to see if people are showing their willingness to buy skoda car only if they improve? forget it, what about their existing customers? if they improve for their existing customers, getting more buyers would be a by product for them.

Moreover my disdainful attitude towards skoda is indeed a incentive for them to improve if they take it in right spirit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks