Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2009, 15:03   #1141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by banwari View Post
...This is Banwari from CarWale... Yes, it was deleted. Not because it was against Skoda but because it had references for another forum and was posted by someone who had never posted before.
Now, what's wrong in that?
Hello Banwari, welcome to T-BHP!

Great of you to let it be know here why the action was taken. Perfectly valid since you have your own rules and norms on how posts have to be made and not. And since you have mentioned that you will let the content be made available and help out the affected party, I hope we get a more effective message across to Skoda.
Old 7th April 2009, 15:35   #1142
BHPian

press links

the mirror reporter got my name wrong.

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2008/apr/1108821.htm

Car is real, parts are not, News - City - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror
Old 7th April 2009, 16:34   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Looking at all these issues, I still don't understand few things.

- How are Skoda sales going up year after year?

- When other companies (Fiat) goofed up on service, their sales crashed. Why is Skoda immune to this? Is it because Fiat / Ford cars are cheap and people can make a noise and Skoda's are expensive? Maybe owners feel that they would look stupid having paid 1.4 million bucks for a car and are left high and dry by the company?

- Why was there a hue and cry over Fiat and Ford's service bungles and none about Skoda's blunders for so long?

And what's worse is that compared to Skoda, Ford and Fiat seem like angels!

Last edited by amit : 7th April 2009 at 16:37.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:34   #1144
BHPian

Class Action Suit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Oh that page is FULL of Skoda complaints!!!! See the others here:

Skoda Complaints - DEFECTIVE SKODA LAURA A/T

Skoda Complaints - Engine Stalling

Skoda Complaints - Defective Superb

Skoda Complaints - Laura

Skoda Complaints - skoda dealer behavior and business strategy ............

Read the comments from actual owners under each write-up and each of those links easily contains a dozen complaints of similar nature from OTHER owners!

and much more...

Harish - were you able to progress on the class action suit?

You can probably look at the above complainants (and actual owners) to join you.
Old 7th April 2009, 16:51   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Why is Skoda immune to this? Is it because Fiat / Ford cars are cheap and people can make a noise and Skoda's are expensive? Maybe owners feel that they would look stupid having paid 1.4 million bucks for a car and are left high and dry by the company?

Well you just answered your question by yourself.

Its tough to digest for new potential buyers that the company they are paying 1.4 million bucks, is going to cheat them.

Another point could be that, 4-5 Lakh worth car is more valuable (emotion wise) to the owner than a 14 Lakh car, as usually the 4-5 Lakh car is the owners first car. Anyone who is going to be purchasing a 14 Lakh car is going to be from a much better background than a 4-5 Lakh One, so they get affected more.

Hope it made sense, and i got my point across.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:05   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Hello Banwari, welcome to T-BHP!

Great of you to let it be know here why the action was taken. Perfectly valid since you have your own rules and norms on how posts have to be made and not. And since you have mentioned that you will let the content be made available and help out the affected party, I hope we get a more effective message across to Skoda.
@HappyWheels, please read the entire text of the thread that I had opened in the Carwale forums: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1249678-post1119.html

If it doesn't comply with their rules (not describing the problem etc), then I have no further comments and bow to their better judgment.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:18   #1147
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
A little search leads us to the actual details of this Skoda shill - looks like they are really very scared of team-bhp for the head of corporate communications to frame such an ill worded message.

Meghna Choksey : Head of Corporate Communications
meghna.choksey@skoda-auto.co.in
Phone: 09373844430

There you go - details of the "non functioning" Skoda PR.
i called this number to talk to discuss customer service issue but this number is switched off

back to reading this tread. damn i am ordering pizza. oh my god, i can't stop laughing, what a jerks at skoda india.

Last edited by Max : 7th April 2009 at 17:19.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:24   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
i called this number to talk to discuss customer service issue but this number is switched off...
Oh Lord!!! Do you not get it? You are not supposed to call.

Skoda_Corporates post clearly says that you are supposed to leave you phone number, address, date of birth, your star sign, et la and THEY will get in touch with you (after they deem you are fit for them to spend time on).

"And that is how the cookie crumble" - from Bruce Almighty.
Old 7th April 2009, 17:52   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Oh Lord!!! Do you not get it? You are not supposed to call.

Skoda_Corporates post clearly says that you are supposed to leave you phone number, address, date of birth, your star sign, et la and THEY will get in touch with you (after they deem you are fit for them to spend time on).

"And that is how the cookie crumble" - from Bruce Almighty.
ah HappyWheels . thanks for reminding that line after ages.

I was really wonderining , we have heard loads and loads of stories about bad build quality , part problems and inefficient service from Tata and Fiat.
We have heard similar stories about Merc and their reliablities ( more strikingly from GTO's experiences of his C) and the W124 being the the last really reliable Merc.

As d3adlythegame correctly pointed that for a car in the 3 to 5 lakh range , an customer is more worried since it is his hard earned money and probably has spent a significant time to collect the money.
Whereas in case of more expensive cars 10L+ , The owner is likely to be a corporate customer who would not end up looking at the lowest level and stand up at the service center and look at nitty grities. Probably the driver must be taking the car to the A.S.S. and the bill is directly paid by the office of the owner. As long as the car runs, very few goto look at the bills and under theri cars if the spares repalced are genuine or not.

No offense meant for people who have hard earned their money and bought expensive cars but from a fair perspective of generalization.

Just my 2 cents.

and its exactly this attitude that skoda has taken unfair advantage
Old 7th April 2009, 17:56   #1150
BHPian

one more

http://www.mid-day.com/metro/2004/jul/87827.htm
Old 7th April 2009, 17:58   #1151
Senior - BHPian

when the elantra was launched, it offered a fabulous VFM package as compared to that time bare bones skoda octavia.

Even though it was available in CRDi, it was a sales disaster.

Another car-optra magnum diesel-another sales disaster.

Despite of better available options, still people were running madly brhind skoda laura and octavia. Now they bear the brunt.

These cars deserve better chance in the form of new avante and upcoming chevy cruze.

Hyundai, are you listening? when can we expect the avante crdi launch to plug the gap between the verna diesel and sonata transform CRDi?
Old 7th April 2009, 18:21   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Another car-optra magnum diesel-another sales disaster.

Despite of better available options, still people were running madly brhind skoda laura and octavia. Now they bear the brunt.

optra magnum wasn't exactly a disaster,its doing better than the elantra atleast,infact the critics mentioned optra magnum to be a better choce amongst octy and the magnum,and we do see a fair no. of magnums on the road.Ofcourse,not as many as the octies but then the magnum was launched much later. And since a few months I haven't seen a single new octavia on road,maybe its recession affected market or that the octavia is indeed dying now.

Last edited by Rehaan : 7th April 2009 at 19:08. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 7th April 2009, 18:41   #1153
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Please decide for yourself whether it provides just a link to Team-BHP.
That post pretty much covers it all, and is certainly not a mere link. Either ways, its up to carwale to stand up for the customer or not. I do hope they do, this matter affects ALL automotive portals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Looking at all these issues, I still don't understand few things.

- How are Skoda sales going up year after year?
You haven't been studying their sales figures, have you? The only reason for a bump in last years sales was a cheaper car (Fabia) and even then, only worth 300 - 400 cars a month. The Octavia + Laura combined have been sliding compared to where they were previously.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:06   #1154
BHPian

I think I'm going to be spending a few hours sifting through this thread. Seems that all the abuses that get heaped on people like Maruti for (comparatively) small misses in their service levels are quite unfair in light of what some of their competitors are up to. I'm just glad I didn't buy a Fabia last year and stayed with the Maruti banner.
Old 7th April 2009, 19:09   #1155
Senior - BHPian

http://steptoe.com/assets/attachments/3752.pdf

an article the folks behind skoda's legal strategy might find relevant and enlightening

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks