Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should Team-BHP stand up for its right to the freedom of speech? For the TRUTH?
YES 3192 99.35%
NO 21 0.65%
Voters: 3213. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 12:38   #1741
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@evo: I am sure Kolkata should be having some good independents who are adept in Skoda products.
Yup there are, I dont go to JIA for normal stuff. It was just for correcting the stuff that they messed up in the first place.
Old 12th May 2009, 16:25   #1742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
the ac of my dads skoda laura lost its cooling function and he took it to the local skoda auto service center (tafe access)on 2/5/09 they diagnosed that the problem is with the ac compressor which needs to be replaced. cost rs 50,000/- since the car is under warranty it will be done free of cost
they said they do not have the part in mangalore and they have to get it from bangalore now the manager is not receiving his phone when my dad calls and our car warranty expires on 12/5/09 i am apprehensive that they will wait for the warranty to expire and then charge us for it
i have sent an email to skoda corporate
yesterday tafe access mangalore gave a call to my dad to get the car as the compressor had arrived got the car back today with the compressor replaced free of cost also 3rd service was done at the same time cost rs 9,000/-

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th May 2009 at 02:58. Reason: Quote fixed.
Old 12th May 2009, 18:00   #1743
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
the ac of my dads skoda laura lost its cooling function and he took it to the local skoda auto service center (tafe access)on 2/5/09 they diagnosed that the problem is with the ac compressor which needs to be replaced. cost rs 50,000/- since the car is under warranty it will be done free of cost
they said they do not have the part in mangalore and they have to get it from bangalore now the manager is not receiving his phone when my dad calls and our car warranty expires on 12/5/09 i am apprehensive that they will wait for the warranty to expire and then charge us for it
i have sent an email to skoda corporate
yesterday tafe access mangalore gave a call to my dad to get the car as the compressor had arrived got the car back today with the compressor replaced free of cost also 3rd service was done at the same time cost rs 9,000/-
Great to hear that.
Did it happen as a normal process or if Skoda is tracking this thread and did not want to take a chance. In either case you have been luckier than many others.

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th May 2009 at 02:59. Reason: Quote fixed
Old 12th May 2009, 20:48   #1744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Was to go there at 9.30 AM. At 8.45ish get a call from Yogesh Chirimar, works manager : "Sir, please dont come now as the land on which the workshop is located has to be legalised and actually belongs to the Port Trust so some court officials are there and they are not allowing us to get in. I myself am standing at the main gate"
Reality check, please...

This is a main dealership of a multi-national car company?

Please, somebody tell me it isn't true!

There's bad service ---and there's bad jokes.

Evo, I don't think I can even imagine how you must be feeling: if it was me, I'd be screaming incoherently at this news.
Old 13th May 2009, 12:11   #1745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heights of stuff

Is Skoda a magnet for questionable stuff, though this is in no way related to their cars?

Damn. Talk about nails in the coffin, they feviquiked and superglued the
entire coffin before hammering in the industrial sized nails.
@ evo, its definately not about cars, its not about their horrendously bad a.s.s but this point just shows how casual, callous skodas attitude is.

Brother this too has like welded the nail in the coffin for me.

Good Bye skoda.

ac
Old 13th May 2009, 14:46   #1746
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Reality check, please...

This is a main dealership of a multi-national car company?

Please, somebody tell me it isn't true!

There's bad service ---and there's bad jokes.

Evo, I don't think I can even imagine how you must be feeling: if it was me, I'd be screaming incoherently at this news.

This is not too unusual in the Indian context.

During the dsealing drive in Delhi, the Maruti dealership was closed down on MG road, Bharti's corporate office was sealed (yes SBMs office as well), there are many examples, however unusual or improbable they may seem.
Old 13th May 2009, 19:36   #1747
Distinguished - BHPian

Astonishing.

I live and learn .

The Hindu, today, raves about the Superb, preferring it to the Accord. In a very few words they mention that Honda service and parts is cheaper and better, but mostly it reads like a Skoda press release. But then, I don't expect really critical reviewing from The Hindu.
Old 14th May 2009, 08:53   #1748
evo
BHPian

UPDATE

So I went to the dealership in the middle of work at 4.30 PM as it seems they had managed to get access to their workshop.

The bumper still had specks of yellow on it! Can you believe it? a freshly painted car had specks of yellow and shoddy cracked paint. When questioned, they told me that if I wanted a better job, I would have to change the bumper. AMAZING!

Skoda never learns, this time my passenger side ORVM was broken, and they claim that it came like that. Considering that they literally inspected the car with a magnifying glass before taking it in and wrote down everything on the job card, I wondered how that was possible.

The guy muttered stuff to the effect of "we are doing so much for no reason and yet you are not happy".

The works manager also told me ." Hum jitna kar paayenge, utna kar denge, fir aap skoda se direct baat kar lijiiye ga."

He also said ." main ne dekha hai ki aap , kaun si kaun si website par hamare baare saamaan dal rakhe hain." Saamaan!

I suppose this was our big board, though he didnt specify when I asked him!

So another holiday lost due to elections, so I had to grin and bear the fact that on such empty roads I had to drive another car.

Supposedly they`ll give the car tomorrow.

Skoda spends money to solve a problem, their staff piss the customers off, Skoda realises its not worth it, stops doing anything, and then the cycle repeats itself.
Old 14th May 2009, 09:06   #1749
BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

Skoda spends money to solve a problem, their staff piss the customers off, Skoda realises its not worth it, stops doing anything, and then the cycle repeats itself.
What comes to my mind is an old Malayalam saying meaning "don't beat me uncle, I am not going to improve." !
Old 14th May 2009, 09:27   #1750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
UPDATE

So I went to the dealership in the middle of work at 4.30 PM as it seems they had managed to get access to their workshop.

The bumper still had specks of yellow on it! Can you believe it? a freshly painted car had specks of yellow and shoddy cracked paint. When questioned, they told me that if I wanted a better job, I would have to change the bumper. AMAZING!

Skoda never learns, this time my passenger side ORVM was broken, and they claim that it came like that. Considering that they literally inspected the car with a magnifying glass before taking it in and wrote down everything on the job card, I wondered how that was possible.

The guy muttered stuff to the effect of "we are doing so much for no reason and yet you are not happy".

The works manager also told me ." Hum jitna kar paayenge, utna kar denge, fir aap skoda se direct baat kar lijiiye ga."

He also said ." main ne dekha hai ki aap , kaun si kaun si website par hamare baare saamaan dal rakhe hain." Saamaan!

I suppose this was our big board, though he didnt specify when I asked him!

So another holiday lost due to elections, so I had to grin and bear the fact that on such empty roads I had to drive another car.

Supposedly they`ll give the car tomorrow.

Skoda do you still want to threaten US ? and not the dealer ? I suppose threatening the customer is a easy thing...

cheers,
ac
Old 14th May 2009, 10:36   #1751
evo
BHPian

Called the works manager just now.

He refused to comment on anything, just said "mein dekh rahan hoon". Strange people.

Damn, I see a huge business opportunity for those in the Training Sector to train Skoda people, if they have so much money to spend on fancy lawyers to irritate customers, the interest on that maybe enough for some decent training.

OT but I`m disgusted that Porsche and VW will be together. Shucks.
Old 14th May 2009, 11:37   #1752
Senior - BHPian

Evo,

This is disgusting! But please do not stop posting your "saamaan"

Hope things go right soon
Old 15th May 2009, 00:05   #1753
BHPian

I am just passing by, looked at the first page and the last.

Honestly, I don't even know what is the issue....sorry.

But it sounds like we Indians have typically taken another Indian for a ride.

So if as folks here kept repeating about the 40,000 figures, why don't we just call another 40,000 and tell them the story and ask them to pass it on?

Three steps down you'll here the rumble, and if you can get it going another five more there may be a crack somewhere.

But if it is just irresponsible paid employees representing and indifferent management, noone will care anywayl

But thanks for the posts, because I for one can avoid considering a Skoda or Volkswagen car in future just to be safe...
Old 15th May 2009, 03:03   #1754
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
UPDATE
The bumper still had specks of yellow on it!
Evo,

Can you please post any/all pictures of the car in this state.

cya
R
Old 15th May 2009, 06:41   #1755
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthump View Post
Honestly, I don't even know what is the issue....sorry.

But it sounds like we Indians have typically taken another Indian for a ride.

There is a scary amount of truth in there!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks