Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2005, 19:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Always expect the unexpected. That's the only way to survive indian traffic. Stop your car at the side of the road, take a good look and then turn.

Shan2nu

Well that way I will not move out of my house. LOL Neways, ever got that VTEC of yours scratched. Seen pics of her ... she is a beauty.
Old 24th May 2005, 19:52   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL Neways, ever got that VTEC of yours scratched
Not with me behind the wheel. Most scratches happen when the car is parked on a narrow street. That hurts even more, coz you can't even blame anyone for it.

Shan2nu
Old 24th May 2005, 20:37   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Bottom line is there is nothing we can do about it though sometimes my bro and I satify ourselves by ramming our Sierra into these pesky rickshaws

Dippy

Hey Dippy,

Please invite me the next time you take your Sierra for a drive. I have been waiting for a chance to do this.

this happened a few months back....

was coming back home froma friends palce at 4:00 am, and cruising on the Vashi creek bridge. the bridge was empty, so was riding in the middle lane. Suddenly a Safari zooms past me, scraping the sides of my bike and my legs. Luckily i did not fall. I chased that guy down and stopped him by the toll station. All he said that he didnt realise he hit me.

More on kids:

Our brand new black baleno was scratched along the whole width of the bonnet by kids in our society. My pulsar was scratched a few days before that. Could not pin point any particular kid, but there is nothing we could do once the pain has been inflicted.

Last edited by Rishi : 24th May 2005 at 20:41.
Old 24th May 2005, 20:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
the bridge was empty, so was riding in the middle lane. Suddenly a Safari zooms past me, scraping the sides of my bike and my legs.
Hey man! That was close! Lucky you. And that guy ....
Old 24th May 2005, 23:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
Oh, OUCH!!! Dear god, what did you do...??!! Shoulda confiscated thee kids riding liscence!!
No point aveek ...
There is a notice from the society to all members to take care that kids dont damage cars ...
But still no use ...
Old 24th May 2005, 23:14   #51
Senior - BHPian

the worst thing that always happenes is that the 2wheelers squeeze between the cars at signals often damaginf the rearview mirrors..they are bloody expensive to replace/repair
Old 26th May 2005, 03:38   #52
Senior - BHPian

Well,its happened quite a few times with me too.I usuallly get a touch-up done or get that portion re-painted.As if now,my bumpers have been scratched off really badly in seperate incidents.The pissed-off point is that the car was parked both the times.Im just going to get the bumpers painted in the next week or so.I like my cars to be SCRATCHLESS!!!

X
Old 24th September 2005, 00:04   #53
Senior - BHPian

stupid two wheelers

hey people,

today evening around 6.30 I was going from Law Collage Road towards Nal Stop as usual the road was just flooded with vechicals

I was in my car & was waiting at signal & all two wheeler wala's were going from any possible gap, it was not even as if there was way to go ahead, it was just they would move couple of feet between two cars & just wait there
& then suddenly on right hand side a two wheeler wals hit my astra's mirror, ( the mirror has some movement in opposite direction so it was thankfully not broken) but that person just saw what happened & not even stopped or even said sorry or anything infact he looked at me as if it was my fault
before i could slid down my window he rushed ahead touching two other vechicals
it is just frustrating, you can't do anything & these morons (using too polite word) get away with it
Old 24th September 2005, 04:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

hey adya
i know exactly how you feel !!.the exact same thing has happened to me a couple of times and once my zen mirror broke but the guy on the bike was very decent. he asked me to pull over to the side and said he was really sorry and was ready to pay for it.oboiusly i didnt take the money because he was truly sorry and didnt just say it for the sake of it but i told him to be more carefull next time.but guys like those are just like a needle in the hay stack.there are just a few riders like that compared to the thousands who are not.so what difference does it really make.

rev
Old 24th September 2005, 11:54   #55
Senior - BHPian

Hey adya its really sad to know about what happened! Thankfully it was not your Accord! Pune traffic is terrible and the two wheels are more then founf anywhere else in India! I have noticed Pune traffic is nto abided! People dont even follow signals. I am talking about the two wheelers!
Old 24th September 2005, 13:20   #56
Team-BHP Support

This happens to me about once a week or so. Not much you can do about it. When I go to crowded areas I dont use my Octy.

BTW the motors on my Astra mirror have become erratic. They have limited mobility. ANy ideas? New mirrors are a bomb and I dont think it worthwhile for a spare car.
Old 24th September 2005, 19:37   #57
Senior - BHPian

I know how you feel Adya. You should have just got of your car and blasted him. I was victim too. Infact the thread was started with a very strong title which the mods modified.

http://team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5690
Old 24th September 2005, 19:55   #58
Senior - BHPian

something like this happened to me yesterday;at the 12th main junction, i took a free left and was greeted by loads of cars and bikes on the wrong side of the road.i kept pressing the horn and people started showing their hands,one of those indicab guys wasn't willing to budge...so i did what i do best and showed them the finger!!!!
Old 7th October 2005, 21:21   #59
BHPian

right said these two wheelers just try to squeeze in even there is no space On signals they just cut in front and drive at low speeds in the middle of the road
This happened when i was going to college at morning i was at a pedestrion signal and this guy in his day dreams smashed off from rear of my palio and damaged the tail light he fell down when i got down the onlookers asked to leave him as he had minor injuries and damaged bike
same is story with the autos also

Last edited by streetlife : 7th October 2005 at 21:25.
Old 7th October 2005, 22:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

DAMN ALL TWO WHEELERS..today this bike guy was goin zig-zag in the traffic and hit my cars LHS side mirror..and it BROKE!! I nver even say what him it, he just zoomed away!! And sad part is its gonna cost...4000!! to replace

DAMN THE TWO WHEELERS AGAIN
Closed Thread

Most Viewed