Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2005, 23:36   #61
BHPian

Yes two wheelers are a big problem..........Chennai is full of two wheelers.........
Old 8th October 2005, 11:55   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Adya, i Know how it feels.
Damage caused by this one 2 wheeler was 14000 bucks on the Palio.
My driver was going down kemps corner and as it was a erd ligt he was going slowly and when he stopped, a bike just came from behind hit the car from behind, broke the LHS light, dented the LHS C pillar, LHS doors and hit another guy who in turn landed on the bonnet of the palio denting that also minutely.
And this guy was doing crazy speeds to dent a Palio like that. But my driver only came to know of the damage later as he got scared because in 99.99% of the cases, all the mawalis come and seeing a car and a bike, both damaged always start accusing the car drivers and at times beat him up too, even if they don't know what the hell happened. And this continues till some one of the 100 sensible smart people collected there with the mawalis interrupts.
Old 8th October 2005, 12:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Please excuse the ignorance, but whats a 'mawali' ?
Old 8th October 2005, 12:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
'mawali' matlab 'gunda' samajhe ki nahi
Old 8th October 2005, 13:37   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Mawali means "rowdy", "ruffian", "creep" etc... the ill-kempt wierdos that you find loitering around, with nothing to do.
Old 8th October 2005, 14:11   #66
BHPian

Adya, thank god, he didnt break anything. My Palio has been hit 5 times from Bike guys.

First time, on a 4 street junction a tvs scooty comes from right and hits my front bumper, cracks it, breaks my fog lamp bracket. Damage to me, 1500.

Second time, My younger brother brakes for a signal from the cop and a bike guy rams my RH tail lamp and breaks it. He is good enough to accept his fault and my bro takes 500 from him. Damage to me, 500 for the tail lamp balance.

Third time, I break hard in the evening traffic as the guy in front brakes hard and a M80 with two guys bangs into my LH tail lamp this time. Breaking it all up and by the time I get out they are already gone. Damage to me 1000.

Fourth time, My sis and bro are taking a U turn on the beach and this bike guys comes from the wrong side hits the left of the front bumper, breaks the fog lamp bracket. Ask him what he thinks he was doing and he starts shouting at my bro and sis and runs away. Damage to me 500 bucks.

Fifth time, I wait to take a U turn on the ECR and I am standing still and BANG, this guy with a Pulsar hits the dicky and completely deforms it. He has the gall to ask me to fix his bike up which was damaged. I say ok and tell him to fix my car! Then he keeps quiet and we exchange contact details and get going. Damage this time 13000 bucks coz I had to change the entire dicky. Claimed Insurance for this one and should get back around 11000.

Thats a total of 16500 bucks coz of 2 wheelers! (5,500 out of my pocket!)
Old 29th March 2006, 17:34   #67
BHPian

You all need to see how it is done in Bangalore. Once i was going on 50 in my two wheeler and an auto suddenly swerved nearly 90 deg from right to left leaving me with tear in my leg and immobile for 2 months. Recently one idiot suddenly shot out of nowhere and rammed through my sides eventhough the signal is green and as usual iam patient. The people coming after me nearly killed the kid. I am really hesitant to take the car carwithin city for same reason of irresponsible drivers. So i prefer taking cars only for long journeys.
Old 29th March 2006, 18:01   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi
More on kids:

Our brand new black baleno was scratched along the whole width of the bonnet by kids in our society.
This just reminded me of a similar incident -

This happened when I had a Santro. The windows were tinted black as was the front windscreen. I stopped my car in my parking slot, shut off the engine and was sitting talking on the cell phone when suddenly I see - A kid sliding down the front windscreen onto the bonnet down on the floor. I was shocked - before I could react he started climbing back on the bonnet , aided by his mother trying to reach the roof so that he could slide down again. I opened the door and just let loose - at the mother.

What happens next ? After listening to me calmly the mother says " Jaane do , Baccha hi toh hai ". I almost collapsed !

Last edited by normally_crazy : 29th March 2006 at 18:04.
Old 29th March 2006, 19:02   #69
LLL
BHPian

Another incident...

Had a dude showing off on his bike with his gal on the rear seat...he was swerving through the traffic driving very rashly and was following me when we entered a bumber-2-bumper traffic area. He came along and tried to squeeze past me and rammed his bike in the car standing in front of me...in the meantime i had just released my foot from the brake to move up a bit and ended up touching the gal's feet. she jumped up like a monkey though thankfully nothing happened.

After that the dude turned into a decent boy next-door and stuck to his lane and moved along with the traffic.
Old 29th March 2006, 19:09   #70
BHPian

Stupid two wheelers riders

My Esteem too had a two wheeler rider crash into the rear right side a few weeks ago close to PVR in Bangalore. The moron on a motorcycle (attempting to join the traffic from the opposite side of the road without looking) fell down and my car bumper was hanging all the way down to the ground. If you guys see a red esteem with a taped up rear bumper, yes, that's my esteem. I didnt' stop that day since it was pretty late in the night then. I really see RED when something happens to my car and a few months ago gave a tight slap to a guy who reversed his Maruti van into my car doors while attempting to reverse park when there was enough space for 3 cars (also recovered 9k as repair expenses). Dont know who lets these jokers out of the house door; they should be locked up in a mental asylum and the key thrown away.
Old 29th March 2006, 22:57   #71
BHPian

TODAY March 29 2006,
has been one of my worst days while driving my precious cheeky little Xing.

1) was going to cross a signal, when it turned yellow and the dude in front of me decided to stop rather than go through. i hit the brakes hard managed to stop in time. BUT the #@#& sumo behind me didnt and broke my tail light.

2) on the ring road near rohini a bus cut across me. i naturally braked. But the scooter behind me didnt. And BANG. My bumper bent out of shape.

and the beauty in this story is that the dude came up to me and said, "why the hell did u brake in the middle of the road". :WTF:
I swear i felt like clubbing him with his own helmet.

3) At night biker while trying to squeeze his way pat at a red light. broke my LRVM.

Didnt say anything to anyone. But just furious n stil somehow heart broken, that my stil relatively clean looking ride suddenly looks like like ****.

PS: i know i wont ever do it. But once my freind's suv once got hit from behind by a rash driver. N he had to hear the same thing "why did you brake?". He got so so pissed that he took his car a little forward and then backed it onto that guy's car on full throttle. broke his bumper, lights, bent his bonet big time.

No way i'm saying this is right. But i do wish that i could also do it.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th March 2006 at 23:06.
Old 30th March 2006, 00:17   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
phone when suddenly I see - A kid sliding down the front windscreen onto the bonnet down on the floor. I was shocked - before I could react he started climbing back on the bonnet , aided by his mother trying to reach the roof so that he could slide down again. I opened the door and just let loose - at the mother.
What happens next ? After listening to me calmly the mother says " Jaane do , Baccha hi toh hai ". I almost collapsed !
......I would have lost my cool at that woman too....some of these creatures move in straight from the jungle man.
Old 30th March 2006, 08:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

The situation is even worse in villages.
I was doing 130 in a zen(no doubt i was going fast but the roads were empty) Then out of nowhere a cyclist and his friends came out onto the highway from the fields and where standing in the middle of the road and chatting. Those as*ho**s didnt even respond to my frantic horns on the screeching tyres. Luckily I just clipped the rear edge of his cycle.(i was on 20 then i think).

After all this that guy asks us to buy him a new cycle because we had damaged his instead of apologising. We got so angry we beat him up threw him into our car and dropped him off on a deserted road 30kms away )
Old 30th March 2006, 08:41   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled
PS: i know i wont ever do it. But once my freind's suv once got hit from behind by a rash driver. N he had to hear the same thing "why did you brake?". He got so so pissed that he took his car a little forward and then backed it onto that guy's car on full throttle. broke his bumper, lights, bent his bonet big time.
I may have to do it sooner or later. If only I had an suv
Old 30th March 2006, 11:24   #75
Senior - BHPian

All you guys have nice stories but I am sure nobody can top what I have experienced.

I was driving to mumbai in our Accord was doing about 100 saw a drunk middle aged fellow trying to cross road I honked horn continuously and came to a complete halt when I got close to him. That dude in attempt to cross road collided with my car which was standstill BTW fell on hood lied there couple of minutes then got up & went away on his own. All this on National Highway.
More than being angry I was laughing hard as what useless people live in this country.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks