Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2009, 15:56   #31
BHPian

Honda's Alloys cost 50 K for a set of 4, and Fog lamps cost 19 K in Delhi.
Add the following cost
Upgraded plastic - 25K
Chrome handles - 10K

Total cost of enhancements - 1.04 lacs
Goodwill gesture from Honda, City to cost just 75 K more with these exciting features.And i bet you shall see sales figures of 3000-3500 a month for City.

I feel so irritated at times to see Toyota not launching Vios and other diesel entry level sedans to cannibalise Honda.
Wake up Toyota !!!
Old 18th August 2009, 16:01   #32
BHPian

If it gets too close to Altis 1.8 G, people will probably feel the Altis is a better buy for a little extra cash.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

I am amazed why people are not taking the price hike in good spirits.
Weren't we all expecting all this whn ANHC was launched?
Everyone knew anniversary model with price hike will have the missing features.
So here it is,time to celebrate
Old 18th August 2009, 16:23   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
civic also adds a cruise control in all models, forgot to mention that.
Wouldn't it make more sense in the Indian context to offer steering mounted controls rather then cruise control?
Old 18th August 2009, 16:43   #35
BHPian

Don't forget that at these prices.. Honda just made a recent loss in India.. I do anticipate a decent hike in both these models..
Old 18th August 2009, 16:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense in the Indian context to offer steering mounted controls rather then cruise control?
In fact the models abroad sport both audio and cruise control switches mounted on the steering on both sides. It will be a shame if they just have cruise control and no audio controls on the versions launched here.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:45   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think, whatever makes sense with the Indian Public, doesnt make any sense with the Honda people.
They don't even offer fog lamps on the city at that cost.Honda have good cars in their stable, with proven durable engines.Lack of small comfort/safety features in the car for which you are charged a bomb is really not acceptable.
Old 18th August 2009, 16:50   #38
Senior - BHPian

Does the Altis come with cruise? I think Honda is trying to match some of the features to the Altis but if that was the case then they would offer steering mounted controls too.

I am really intruiged on why Honda skimped out on offering this feature. What is amazing is that their cheapest models (Jazz and City) have these features while the more expensive ones (Civic, Accord) don't! I believe even the Accord V6 doesn't have this feature!

Is it safe to assume that steering mounted contorls are cheaper then cruise? Wouldn't it therefore make more sense for Honda to give this cheaper yet more usable feature?

Last edited by amit : 18th August 2009 at 16:51.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:03   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Add the following cost
Upgraded plastic - 25K
Chrome handles - 10K

Goodwill gesture from Honda, City to cost just 75 K more with these exciting features.And i bet you shall see sales figures of 3000-3500 a month for City.

I feel so irritated at times to see Toyota not launching Vios and other diesel entry level sedans to cannibalise Honda.
Wake up Toyota !!!
With 75K hike, a V MT will cost almost 10L OTR in Delhi. Isn't that only about 1.2L cheaper than the base Altis? No way I will be looking at the City in that case. It will be a Fiesta/SX4/Linea or an Altis for me. OTR 9.5L is max I would consider for a V MT in Delhi.

Last edited by asr245 : 18th August 2009 at 17:06.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:10   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But Honda does not want to make sense. And all these "NEW" features will also attract "senseless" pricing. The gap between Linea and City will increase further.
Old 18th August 2009, 17:31   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devakj View Post
Honda just made a recent loss in India..
If they raise prices, sales will go down and losses will not decrease.

In March 2008, The CR-V 2.0 L was 17.8 Lakhs Ex Showroom Kolkata

Today, it is 21.8 Lakhs Ex Showroom Kolkata - After the recent price reduction!!

4 lakhs price increase
? What the hell??
Old 18th August 2009, 18:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I don't think that the City and Civic prices will be increased after these alterations. Remember Honda didn't increase the price of City when they added ABS and Airbags (?) in NHC after the SX4 launch.
Yes they will be increased - Honda does nothing for free. Airbags and ABS in the NHC came with the Vtec+ model, which was the most expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Add the following cost
Upgraded plastic - 25K
Chrome handles - 10K

Wake up Toyota !!!
I agree with the calculation - the price of these ANHC add-ons will be marginally lesser than buying them separately now.

I don't think we should berate Toyota. They are finally waking up with a new factory and model line up. See how the Fortuner will kill the CR-V. They will murder Honda (and many others) when they finally get a full model line up in India.

And, one last thing, Honda would not be able to survive in western markets if they kept raising prices with every new model or upgrade. The game there is to offer more with each new generation for the same money. Honda's greed in India is going to come and bite them in the rear one day.
Old 18th August 2009, 18:43   #43
BHPian

I assume a lot of Civic's in India are not self driven and hence audio controls on the rear armrest probably makes sense. I think cruise control is an awesome feature. Would make my frequent Bombay - Pune drives a breeze. If I'm not mistaken only the top end variant of the Altis has cruise control so if all the variants of the Civic have it then it will be a good selling point!
Old 18th August 2009, 19:24   #44
BHPian

Is Honda's Product/Marketing Team confused or over confident?
With these features Honda would atleast charge 50K over the current prices for city & civic.
This would push City dangerously close to the Altis price range & would spell disaster for Civic which is already a vitness to declining sales (300 last month).
I think Toyota would be the one laughing all the way to the bank after this move from Honda. Why would they bother to lauch a smaller car when Honda is ready to price City at Corolla levels?
Old 18th August 2009, 20:20   #45
BHPian

Corolla Altis 1.8 J Rs. 9,70,000/-

City S MT Rs. 8,32,000

Add the cost of all the addition and Honda's tradition of over pricing even if we add a 68 k to it.It comes to 9 Lakhs i.e just 70k cheaper than the altis.I dont thin it makes any sense.

*All prices Ex-Showroom New Delhi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks