Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 08:19   #61
BHPian

Dont worry even Toyota is a premium comanding comany so they would also come with high tags coz Indians love honda & toyota.
Old 19th August 2009, 08:45   #62
BHPian

Agreed. Not only India the whole world seems to be in love with Hondas and Toyotas. Toyota is no1. car seller in the world but is it because of a music system or the ac rotary knob the we buy a car? by that logic no honda citys would have been selling till now.

All of us agree the hype around the honda cars is not built overnight. They have earned it ( remember Bournevilles!).

Nevertheless, a lot more could have been done to refresh these model to meet customer expectations. But we know Honda doesnot listen ( I mean "read").

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahuja365 View Post
Dont worry even Toyota is a premium comanding comany so they would also come with high tags coz Indians love honda & toyota.
Old 19th August 2009, 09:12   #63
Team-BHP Support

Good catch - perhaps they're finally throwing in a single CD player in the City system, which would be quite welcome. Of course all this should have been there in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
on the OEM HU, the button on right side above VOL.
1st pic shows USB/AUX
2nd pic shows CD/USB
Old 19th August 2009, 09:59   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Good catch - perhaps they're finally throwing in a single CD player in the City system, which would be quite welcome. Of course all this should have been there in the first place.
depends. while i would agree about ACC/Alloys etc, this is something i consider as a welcome sign from Honda. I like the fact that they have omitted the CD player and made that space free for ipod/usb inside. Its a clean and elegant solution. Besides 90% of the people would use a USB stick/Pod given a choice.
Old 19th August 2009, 10:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

And honda continues the price up policy as ever! Now a City at 11 l OTR looks very much on the cards, or wait, are they creating space for the Jazz? Moving Civic to D and City to C+ segment? Funny man, and after all that, these sell like hot cakes!
Old 19th August 2009, 11:48   #66
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The first pic is of the current model, the second pic is of the upgraded knob.

The knob for the blower speed-0,1,2,3,4 is new.
Do you have the pictures of the V-MT also? Let us see what differentiating features (all three knobs made rotary) Honda added there.
Old 19th August 2009, 12:37   #67
BHPian

Well, Honda will learn its lesson as soon as the competition hots up.
Even at 50k price increase people will now start considering Altis J.
Linea 1.6 and SX4 1.6 when launched can shave good numbers from sales of Honda City. Altis Diesel has been in rumour mills for long time now. If thats launched, it can totally jeopardize Civic sales. These new launches are atleast a gud 1yr away. Until then Honda might have its way. Aggressive pricing of Cruze Petrol / Diesel can also do some damage to Honda Civic. Terming Jazz as a success is premature. Gotta wait for a few months more to see how the sales are going. I am sure numbers will drop.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:15   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The first pic is of the current model, the second pic is of the upgraded knob.

The knob for the blower speed-0,1,2,3,4 is new.
Guys i don't see a red mark in the cooling adjustment knob. Is the new version coming without a heater?
Old 19th August 2009, 13:26   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Yes I absolutely agree. I don't know what I would do without a full rotary shaped AC blower speed knob.

So will this be the New All New Honda City or the NANHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
Awesome man.. what a break through feature... Thanks vnabhi you asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityG37_fan View Post
Yup. The car will become perfect now. I can imagine Honda sales guys saying "Sir.. now the AC will work better".
Success has gone into Honda's head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Simply awsome, mind blowing, must have been designed by a pool of all leading design houses in the world.

One White knob in between two black knobs and that too of a different type makes an awsome design feature. Honda must highlight this thing in its brochures. Indians should be grateful for such class leading innovative ideas from Honda.

(The other 2 black knobs will be replaced with white ones in 2011 model on public demand.)
Guys, you had me rolling in laughter!

Sidindica---thanks for the pictures.
Old 19th August 2009, 13:47   #70
BHPian

If someone has any contact in Honda, we could suggest some options like
1. Steering mounted audio controls in all variants, cruise-control in top end (V A/T)
2. Cruise-control in all variants, steering controls atleast in V variants.
3. Price-cut!

Infact we can scare them with -ve marketing the facelifted civic; as I believe most civic owners, buyers read team-bhp threads before taking the decision (more so for this facelift).

I cant believe I'm writing all this though I know it wont happen

Anyways if this feature list is 100% true, I'll mostly go with Altis (already wasted a year waiting for Civic facelift)
Old 19th August 2009, 14:00   #71
Shivashara

Quote:
Yup. The car will become perfect now. I can imagine Honda sales guys saying "Sir.. now the AC will work better".

Success has gone into Honda's head.
You made me laugh and laugh out loud and I am rolling

Last edited by Shivashara : 19th August 2009 at 14:15.

Old 19th August 2009, 15:30   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Guys i don't see a red mark in the cooling adjustment knob. Is the new version coming without a heater?
In fact it looks counter intuitive. With lowest setting you get min cold but it gets colder as you increase the knob. Usually you expect temperature to increase with turning of the knob. Or it could be an innovative new design as other fellow bhpians have mentioned (and made me laugh like stupid)
Old 19th August 2009, 15:48   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
So will this be the New All New Honda City or the NANHC.
It might be the only car where the short form will be bigger than the cars name .

I hope they also change the door panel material in the ANHC. Its of pathetic quality!!!
Old 19th August 2009, 16:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
The pic posted by Sid is from the Thai version which has this rotary knob. Also, the Thai version doesnt have the heating option whereas it was included for the Indian ANHC.
Old 19th August 2009, 16:36   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
The pic posted by Sid is from the Thai version which has this rotary knob. Also, the Thai version doesnt have the heating option whereas it was included for the Indian ANHC.
Those are minor details & they don't matter. Glad that people were

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks