Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2009, 11:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

Any thoughts as to how much incremental sales Civic will achieve with the new features and the new price.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:37   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Anything on the interiors? Is this the deep blue on Jazz or the lighter version (as was in NHC-Vtec?)
It is the Deep Blue Sapphire color and appears to be a limited edition run of about 500 cars!!
Old 10th September 2009, 12:03   #183
BHPian

12L for a City? Is this the MT or AT? What makes it so expensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i saw the new civic and city today. new civic comp. reg is now 17 laks and city is 12 laks. city gets sexy blue color that is on the jazz right now. nice rims too.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:05   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
I think he is talking about company registeration.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:15   #185
BANNED

ok i got a sneak peek of the city. ill make this simple now with the prices first.

city indi reg bombay : 11 laks
city comp reg bombay : 12 laks

civic indi reg v spec : 16 laks
civic comp reg v spec : 17 laks.

these are autoboxs so cut around 75k or so for the manual trannys. the AC knob has changed for sure and it looks better than the cheap earlier 10rs. one. the blue is going to be added on the city which is the same as on the jazz right now i mean the dark blue only. civic comes in horrid gay colors i cannot imagine. the black, white, red, dark grey and silver only. idiots have removed the purple. as of now i am thinking blue city or black civic. lets see. 17 laks for a civic is too high i feel and to top it i need to buy 2 of them. city has no leather seats in any models. the rims are nice on the city. they are 5 spoke but not thai spec. also gets front fogs too and price hike of around 60k and civic hike around 40k. cruise controls on vspec civics both of them. anything i missed out i am not sure. delivery is 4 weeks, lets see what i buy now.
Old 10th September 2009, 12:28   #186
Senior - BHPian

Someone on this thread had commented that the title should read as "City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a whole lot of nonsense." I agree with that. Just checked out the new Civic on Honda's website. Have they hiked prices of the new Civic? If they have then it's a rip off. If not then it's good although the Altis will still outsell it every month.

Any idea if they have reworked the suspension?
Old 10th September 2009, 12:32   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the AC knob has changed for sure and it looks better than the cheap earlier 10rs. one.
Is the central console still in silver finish? Any change from the muted (dull)beige theme?
Old 10th September 2009, 14:39   #188
oss
BHPian

Quote:
ok i got a sneak peek of the city. ill make this simple now with the prices first.

the AC knob has changed for sure and it looks better than the cheap earlier 10rs. one. the blue is going to be added on the city which is the same as on the jazz right now i mean the dark blue only. city has no leather seats in any models. the rims are nice on the city. they are 5 spoke but not thai spec. also gets front fogs too and price hike of around 60k.
And any chages to the instrument cluster? Do they still come in the dull orange color or any attempt to jazz it up?

Have the new lot of City been despatched to the dealers already? Where did you manage to see them?
Old 10th September 2009, 14:46   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBlazer View Post
Simple answer - Corporate Greed.
Old 10th September 2009, 15:40   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
city gets sexy blue color that is on the jazz right now.
Did it look like this color?
Pic source : paultan auto

Old 10th September 2009, 16:10   #191
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

city indi reg bombay : 11 laks
city comp reg bombay : 12 laks

civic indi reg v spec : 16 laks
civic comp reg v spec : 17 laks.

these are autoboxs so cut around 75k or so for the manual trannys. the AC knob has changed for sure and it looks better than the cheap earlier 10rs. one. the blue is going to be added on the city which is the same as on the jazz right now i mean the dark blue only. civic comes in horrid gay colors i cannot imagine. the black, white, red, dark grey and silver only. idiots have removed the purple. as of now i am thinking blue city or black civic. lets see. 17 laks for a civic is too high i feel and to top it i need to buy 2 of them. city has no leather seats in any models. the rims are nice on the city. they are 5 spoke but not thai spec. also gets front fogs too and price hike of around 60k and civic hike around 40k. cruise controls on vspec civics both of them. anything i missed out i am not sure. delivery is 4 weeks, lets see what i buy now.
Absurd pricing 17 for a civic - someone has gone bonkers. City at 12L.

They seem to be doing all this to justify the jazz pricing. Might as well call all these a CBU import, do they do any local work at all. pricing seems to indicate not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Someone on this thread had commented that the title should read as "City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a whole lot of nonsense." I agree with that. Just checked out the new Civic on Honda's website. Have they hiked prices of the new Civic? If they have then it's a rip off. If not then it's good although the Altis will still outsell it every month.
Any idea if they have reworked the suspension?
I seen no sense in either of the pricing, seems to be a whole lot of nonsense in the company strategy itself - playing into toyota hands and possibly even into those of non japs.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:29   #192
BHPian

What Civic at 17 Lakhs and City 12 Lakhs? I think Honda's stratgey is misfiring. At 17 Lakhs there are better options like Laura. If someone can stretch the budget to 21 lakhs, than there is Superb / Fortuner / Endeavour. For 12 Lakhs, one can buy a altis, which is anyday better than city.

There is certainly a limit for ripping customers.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:56   #193
BHPian

Honda seem to be having a 'mid-life crisis'. With this kind of pricing and lack of value addition, they will not be leading any segments for long.
12L for the city is asking too much. Just changing the AC dials and few more cosmetic changes does not warrant such a steep price rise. They are not giving features that are there on my 6 lac rupee swift!!! Tthey need to rethink their strategy. Stuff like Alloy wheels, ACC etc are available in segments much lower than City. So people will expect these features on a 8L+ rupee car.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:10   #194
BHPian

Any idea on the date for the city launch??
Old 10th September 2009, 17:25   #195
BANNED

yea that blue color is coming. not the rims sadly. the i liked the rims they are giving here too. the dash has some minor color change its beige and brown. the centre console still has 2 silver lines across the center of the dash. the new ac knob. wow what a change is that. still no cd player for sure. but i like the beige seats upfront nice and comfy.

and for those who think altis is cheaper. the altis autobox comp reg is 16.6 laks so thats just 35k lesser than the civic and indi. reg. is 15.5 laks. which is again 40k lesser than civic. the altis is no cheaper. no wonder honda went all the way. i might give the civic a skip only due to the fact they removed the purple color. and might pick up the blue city AT. lets see cant make up my mind. 2 days to city launch will update then. i really like the V spec city its worth the wait but not the money. i wish it was 10 laks. oh well...

Last edited by jesal : 10th September 2009 at 17:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks