Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2009, 20:46   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
only in india the city time is so shitty its not even funny. globally everything is available. indians are to blame their own image. honda knows how to loot people and guess what we give them a open chance to. i wish i got the THAI spec city and all other cars myself from honda. heck im even waiting for a autobox innova since ages man.
The quality of materials also look much better in the European car.

Jesal is right. We Indians start worshipping a hero or brand blindly without actually analysing whether it is worth the praise or not. So we deserve the second rate stuff.
Old 21st August 2009, 22:47   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
do you not see steering controls with cruise control which is not here, not to mention the fogs and the sexy rims and what not.
I do see them. I thought that you meant the interior finish is better then Indian one.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:18   #93
BHPian

audio controls at the rear. i mean who is getting chauffered around in a civic. if you can afford a driver you can afford an ACCORD lolz. this is really nonsense. 6 cd changer to single and they dare to increase the prices lmao. woah!! whats next. no cd player lolz. listen to the engines that music they will say lolz

Last edited by Caramelo : 22nd August 2009 at 01:19.
Old 22nd August 2009, 01:21   #94
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd August 2009 at 12:16.
Caramelo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:10   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
The quality of materials also look much better in the European car.

Jesal is right. We Indians start worshipping a hero or brand blindly without actually analysing whether it is worth the praise or not. So we deserve the second rate stuff.
Quote:
only in india the city time is so shitty its not even funny. globally everything is available. indians are to blame their own image. honda knows how to loot people and guess what we give them a open chance to. i wish i got the THAI spec city and all other cars myself from honda. heck im even waiting for a autobox innova since ages man.

YES u guys are very right, not only honda ,even toyota (remember Qualis), Yamaha,ford has suffocated the indian market for looong. The euro specs on ford are absolutely bonkers, gps & voice activated phone dialing is all there!!!

The most funny part is all these cars are cheap in other countries, in India its twice or thrice

Anyone here has an idea about importing cars? or is there any other thread concerning this matter(i dont want to ruin this tread).Rules, regulations & other things concerning import is something i am interested in studying & start my own project 'car'!!.
Old 23rd August 2009, 20:05   #96
BHPian

Can anyone confirm the date for the new City to be actually available from dealers? With the new refinements and fixing the interiors issue the car is now a good option to think about.
I am thinking the top end model will be around 11L on road fully loaded (I just hope they have Leather upholstery as well). What do you guys think? Even though paying 11L for this size car is slightly ridiculous. Is there any other comparable Automatic at the same price range?
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:54   #97
Team-BHP Support

I think the City Automatic makes a good purchase at that price range. The Altis and Civic are much more expensive to buy with the Auto trannies. The only other option I can think of is the Verna automatic. Per se, the City automatic is probably much better as an overall product (despite being annoyingly overpriced). Go for the Verna only if you need diesel efficiency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Spd View Post
Can anyone confirm the date for the new City to be actually available from dealers? With the new refinements and fixing the interiors issue the car is now a good option to think about.
I am thinking the top end model will be around 11L on road fully loaded (I just hope they have Leather upholstery as well). What do you guys think? Even though paying 11L for this size car is slightly ridiculous. Is there any other comparable Automatic at the same price range?
Old 23rd August 2009, 22:58   #98
Team-BHP Support

Price hike

Price hike

Previously I had heard that its about 50K more on the Civic. More recently, I heard the hike will be higher (perhaps closer 75K in "on road price" terms.

Does anyone know from any reliable sources what the price hike on the facelifted Civic / City will be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Confirmed by the dealer - release of Civic is next month
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:23   #99
m4w

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemmee View Post
The most funny part is all these cars are cheap in other countries, in India its twice or thrice

Anyone here has an idea about importing cars? or is there any other thread concerning this matter(i dont want to ruin this tread).Rules, regulations & other things concerning import is something i am interested in studying & start my own project 'car'!!.
Screw the manufacturers and buy used. Importing is a PITA unless you go through an agent. You also end up paying the govt insane sums of money as duties/taxes. That's why I wasn't cheering much when they announced the new income tax regulations, income tax should be abolished!

If you're looking for specifics on importing, seek and ye shall find (just use the search link at the top of the page).
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:43   #100
BHPian

well, the europen version quality we will never get.

Honda knows, how to take maximum of Indians.

And having superior products (lets except the facts), they are noot facing any serious competitions.

If you have the money, you will buy only Honda.

S0, unless other company improve their quality, we have to give premium for Honda.
Old 24th August 2009, 00:09   #101
BHPian

Similar thoughts

I am thinking along similar lines, unless there is a new entrant in the AT Compact Sedan race for now we only have the City and the Verna (i20 is more of a hatch).
However the important question is if I booked one of the new City models tomorrow when could I realistically expect to take possession? End of Sept? Middle of Oct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I think the City Automatic makes a good purchase at that price range. The Altis and Civic are much more expensive to buy with the Auto trannies. The only other option I can think of is the Verna automatic. Per se, the City automatic is probably much better as an overall product (despite being annoyingly overpriced). Go for the Verna only if you need diesel efficiency.
Old 24th August 2009, 21:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

It was mentioned at the Fortuner launch that Toyota is coming up with Diesel Altis. I think that will spoil the party for Civic no matter what goodies they pump in. Honda we love you and thus we scold you as you are behaving like a spoilt brat.

I was thinking of buying my mum a Civic, my cousins bought a Altis and they now jump about when I mention Civic. The whole ga-ga story makes me consider ANHC now I drove the auto the existing one extensively for about 1500kms but am not impressed with the quality inside. So this news was great, if price hiked I am gonna consider Linea petrol. Now my mum test drove it and she found Linea grossly underpowered. I wish Fiat launches better engine for the fab body Linea Else Honda corrects the price. I am so in three minds :(
Old 26th August 2009, 23:51   #103
BHPian

The latest I heard on the issue is as follows, and in line with what has been said in the previous discussion: For the MT-S, with min. interior changes- price rise is expected to be about 30K. (MT-V will be costing another 30-40K more) and AT-V will be pricier than the current-AT-S by about 70K. AT-S will be discontinued. (AT-S is any way not available for past 2 mths).

The main driving factor for the city price rise seems to be that Jazz sales are not picking up, and Honda is trying very hard to push the same. They feel that City is cannibalizing into Jazz sales, due to small price difference.

Now I wonder if Honda is going for the correct strategy.

For the given current prices, most would indeed go for the city. But price is not the only factor, i recall another poll on this forum, when the vote was taken on choice between a fully loaded hatchback and sedan. . About 60% of the respondents chose Sedan over hatchback. (I think we can start another poll on the Jazz vs City )

I was also reading some articles of other markets outside India where Jazz and city are being concurrently sold. In many places e.g. Malaysia, City is preferred over Jazz. City is generally seen to be more of a "family" car with Jazz seen as a good choice if its a second car.

I guess we are seeing a similar situation in India.

If Honda wants to push Jazz, it should rather lower the Jazz prices to make it more competitive and also introduce a stripped-down entry version to pull customers to the showroom
Old 27th August 2009, 13:38   #104
BHPian

Heard from a dealer yesterday that new civic V models will have steering mounted audio controls. Did anyone hear anything about this ?
Old 27th August 2009, 15:51   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
The latest I heard on the issue is as follows, and in line with what has been said in the previous discussion: For the MT-S, with min. interior changes- price rise is expected to be about 30K. (MT-V will be costing another 30-40K more) and AT-V will be pricier than the current-AT-S by about 70K. AT-S will be discontinued. (AT-S is any way not available for past 2 mths).

So S-MT will be pricier by 30K and V-MT will cost 60K more. That's a strategy to boost Jazz sales. Thereby to boost Civic sales they will jack up it's prices with minimal changes. Increase prices to boost sales - does anyone feel there's something wrong with this strategy?

BTW, I hope source of your information is not a dealer. They will always say that to lure customer to buy immediately.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks