Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 13:54   #331
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Wow, I must say this is a whole new dimension! A base model Altis is being compared to an Alto!! Aren't we letting our imagination run wild here?
Arre Suman. The Alto and Altis share the same first 3 letters in the name. That means they can be compared together.

Similarily since the City is better than the Altis then the City is also better than the Civic. Why should someone pay more for a Civic when Honda has the City. Especially since the Altis has more features than the Civic.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:59   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypercar View Post

This is a November 2008 news, not at all relevant in the current decision
Old 17th September 2009, 14:57   #333
BANNED

thats the point. i was going to get the civic earlier looking at the 17 lak cost now i am planning a city auto which is 12 laks. does the job for me. i would love the altis auto. but it costs 16.7 and is a 4 speed auto so for me i save a few laks and drive a 5 speed paddle shift auto. also hunting for a used purple civic on the side for weekends. a 08 civic comes under 10 laks talk about honda resale. i evaluated a 08 civic with honda itself and they quoted 7.45 laks lol. thats 10 laks gone in 1 year...
Old 18th September 2009, 20:29   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
One nice upgrade I noticed is, the steering wheel is now wrapped with perforated leather.
I had a look at the V variant today and there is no leather wrapping on the steering, as it is shown in the web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
I think this Beige - Black combo is copied from CR-V and Civic. There is looks awesome, hope here it should also look brilliant.
Somehow it looked too yellowish, and not something that can be called beige. I am not sure it is the same beige that is there on Civic and CRV.
Old 18th September 2009, 21:07   #335
BHPian

Is there anyone here who has seen the new City in Deep Sapphire Blue? How does it look in person? Any pictures?
Old 19th September 2009, 15:06   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Is there anyone here who has seen the new City in Deep Sapphire Blue? How does it look in person? Any pictures?
I have not seen it in Person. It looks nice. But I would like to say that the quality of paints Honda is using doesn't seem to be of good quality. I saw new Habanero Red colour City, it was very good, very sprkling , very shiny colour. Next day I saw few months(6-8) old. The colour was very dull, no shine. It was looking like more of Maroon and less of Red. Same was the case with Black .I think Blue Sapphire will also be of same kind.Dull blue after few months-not nice one.
City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-newhondacityleaked_01.jpg

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-newhondacityleaked_02.jpg

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-newhondacityleaked_03.jpg

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-newhondacityleaked_08.jpg

City gets some Civic sense, Civic gets a new sense.-picture4.jpg
Old 19th September 2009, 19:45   #337
Senior - BHPian

It has more to do with how badly service centers wash the car. Every scratch on my car that isn't major (as in, caused during daily use), I got during servicing at the A.S.S. There are swirl marks, there are micro scratches caused by hard wiping with a soiled towel... I'll need a rotary polishing machine to get rid of this stuff.

One year of ownership and even the best paints won't survive service centers that wash with sandpaper.
Old 19th September 2009, 22:17   #338
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
I have not seen it in Person. It looks nice. But I would like to say that the quality of paints Honda is using doesn't seem to be of good quality. I saw new Habanero Red colour City, it was very good, very sprkling , very shiny colour. Next day I saw few months(6-8) old. The colour was very dull, no shine. It was looking like more of Maroon and less of Red. Same was the case with Black .I think Blue Sapphire will also be of same kind.Dull blue after few months-not nice one.
Well i too felt the same about the paint quality, but wasn't sure about it so didn't post it fearing the wrath of members here.

I doubt if it is to do just with the way the cleaning is done, as most ofhte ANHC's that i came across gave a dull look within 3-4 months of purchase. On the contrary even a 2 yr old City-ZX has amazing shine and glitters like new in the sunlight.

This probably is another area where they have done some cost cutting. Well, anyway it is the engine that matters right, so 118bhp & ivtec should keep the buyers happy
Old 19th September 2009, 23:04   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I doubt if it is to do just with the way the cleaning is done, as most ofhte ANHC's that i came across gave a dull look within 3-4 months of purchase. On the contrary even a 2 yr old City-ZX has amazing shine and glitters like new in the sunlight.
Just a possibility or one of the reasons behind this perception/phenomenon : Cars with bulging surface/rounded corners seem to shine more as they kind of behave like convex mirros and do reflect in all directions and the viewer sees it shining from any angle. (ex: Civic)
On the other hand, the cars with flatish surface require the light source and the viewer to be in certain specific angles and only in those condition they give the glare. (ex: Fusion, ANHC)
Old 21st September 2009, 17:44   #340
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Did you feel that, when launched, the OHC 1.5 spec cars where overpriced? What about when the CR-V was launched at 19L?

Honda is primarily an engine company and then a vehicle manufacturer. They make the highest number of internal combustion engines in the world per year. You expect to get that expertise and experience in your car when you buy Honda. Is that somehow wrong?
Actually when the OHC 1.3, 1.5L City were launched, 11 years back, my sales director bought one. He then sat in my Cielo GLX AT, and was wondering why he was so short charged by honda, with almost no features, in the car compared to the cielo, it is another story that daewoo died down and hence the cielo depreciated too fast compared to the city, and toyota was still not in india.

The OHC had a roof that was just like the one in the Fiat Premier Padmini rather than the moulded roof in the Cielo/ opel astra at that time, had no rear armrest and missed out on may other features.

So my view does still hold.

Sorry about the delayed resonse to your revert back.
Old 21st September 2009, 17:56   #341
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone driven the 'new' Civic? Have they reworked the suspension?
Old 21st September 2009, 18:02   #342
BHPian

No. The Suspension is same as iy was before. Dealers say that company is still working on it and the same would be changed somewhere in 2011-12, when new Civic will be launched
Old 21st September 2009, 18:28   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oops View Post
No. The Suspension is same as iy was before. Dealers say that company is still working on it and the same would be changed somewhere in 2011-12, when new Civic will be launched
This is quite contradicting to what GTO has posted on a different thread about the new Civic's suspension.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ink-so-11.html refer post# 156

Is this alloy being offered on the Indian variant ? I doubt it.
Old 21st September 2009, 19:47   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Has anyone driven the 'new' Civic? Have they reworked the suspension?
1. Honda does not claim anything on this in their website/press-release

2. Dealers told me a number of times that there is no change. (which they say is the main reason to avoid registering a demo car). One of the dealers here said that he checked with Honda R&D and confirmed that there is no change (not sure if he is reliable though)

3. I did drive it over 4-5 big humps inside the dealer's premises, with 3+1 people. Without slowing down (at around 15-20kmph) I didn't see it scape; but this is no test to conclude anything.

Overall, its still a mystery to me. Anyways I recently heard that the demo vehicle is ready for TD. I'm yet to try it.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:36   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
This is quite contradicting to what GTO has posted on a different thread about the new Civic's suspension.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ink-so-11.html refer post# 156

Is this alloy being offered on the Indian variant ? I doubt it.
This alloy is what was offered as the option on the City when it was launched. But the alloys that now come standard look similar to Civic wheels IIRC.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks