Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 11:08   #106
BHPian

I like the steering wheel of cruze but it looks similar to civic steering.I think they might remove the steering controls for Indian version.
Old 12th September 2009, 22:43   #107
Senior - BHPian

Cruze is gonna rock!

Hey are you guys for real ??? Comparing the Cruze with that of Civic and Altis.. Man this car beats the living day lights out of Skoda Laura L & K which costs a whooping 19 laks and it does not have most of the cool features this has like the sun roof,Keyless start and entry etc. And if the Cruze does cost within 15 laks. Its gonna rule this segment with those sexy gizmos as well as Diesel Engine.Just check out the torque guys, The only other car more powerful than this is the BMW 320 D and i guess you all know how much that costs .

This car totally rocks and it just goes to prove how ridiculously high priced the Skoda's are in our country. Time for Skoda to cut down its price or sell as much as they can before the Cruze is out.I dont care about the handling and ride quality. As long as it looks sexy ,Drives fast,has gizmos in it and costs less, i don't really give a damn for anythin else.

Last edited by Zappo : 14th September 2009 at 01:23. Reason: No more than 2 smilies per post please.
Old 13th September 2009, 00:08   #108
BHPian

Toyota and Honda can't come close to providing these features and engine at this price. Freakin' Diesel from Chevy!
Old 13th September 2009, 10:45   #109
BHPian

Don't go around comparing this to the 320D. In driving situations, the numbers on papers speak very little as does the over all feel. Any enthusiast will prefer the 325i over the Accord v6. That's living proof of what i said.
Old 13th September 2009, 14:32   #110
BHPian

He was only comparing 0-100 Kmph dash. 320D is the closest one that can overshadow Cruze.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:00   #111
Senior - BHPian

Oh please, it's a FWD made to a price Chevy. It'll be a good VFM car, but it ain't gonna hold a candle to a Beemer when it comes to driving pleasure.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:10   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Oh please, it's a FWD made to a price Chevy. It'll be a good VFM car, but it ain't gonna hold a candle to a Beemer when it comes to driving pleasure.
Chevy or not, its still a Korean Daewoo under the skin.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:15   #113
BHPian

I agree Cruze doesn't compare to Beemer w.r.t. driving pleasure but when it comes to buying pleasure, it's a winner by a long shot! This car has got speed and gadgets.
Old 13th September 2009, 19:18   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
While this is mostly true, unlike the previous optra's daewoo platform, the Cruze has a european chassis and suspension from the the current gen Opel Astra. Expect the handling and steering sharpness to be leaps and bounds better than the old car which felt like a mule.
Old 13th September 2009, 23:23   #115
BHPian

The point i was making is that power is pointless without proper reins. I belive if priced correctly OTR. this could be a fantastic car. How ever the Sonata is a living case study of a fantastic product being destroyed by the initial pricing and brand image. If priced in the same range , the Chevy has potential. Lets see how many features actually come to the Indian version.
Old 14th September 2009, 14:29   #116
Senior - BHPian

They've already done a review on ndtv on the cruze and according to him , the car comes fully loaded just like in Europe and he expected the car to be priced around 13-14.5... I guess that is the only reason for so much hype now..I hope Chevy makes the wait worth it with the pricing..
Old 16th September 2009, 01:00   #117
BHPian

Infomercial on the Cruze from China.....its sad to see that even china gets side and curtain airbags in addition to the standard 2 that we get..not to forget the better looking multimedia screen

Old 17th September 2009, 10:27   #118
Senior - BHPian

Seems the launch is nearing. Today saw an ad in Times. Optra Petrol for 7.21, and Diesel for 8.21L. Obviously ex-showroom price. Even then, a good price.

Does it confirms the pricing of Cruze
Old 17th September 2009, 11:00   #119
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS View Post
I like the steering wheel of cruze but it looks similar to civic steering.I think they might remove the steering controls for Indian version.
That would be a major mistake that they are most unlikely to do, the stearing controls are very much sought out, to guys in my office just went in for Linea Emotion pack just for the controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Hey are you guys for real ??? Comparing the Cruze with that of Civic and Altis.. Man this car beats the living day lights out of Skoda Laura L & K which costs a whooping 19 laks and it does not have most of the cool features this has like the sun roof,Keyless start and entry etc. And if the Cruze does cost within 15 laks. Its gonna rule this segment with those sexy gizmos as well as Diesel Engine.Just check out the torque guys, The only other car more powerful than this is the BMW 320 D and i guess you all know how much that costs .

This car totally rocks and it just goes to prove how ridiculously high priced the Skoda's are in our country. Time for Skoda to cut down its price or sell as much as they can before the Cruze is out.I dont care about the handling and ride quality. As long as it looks sexy ,Drives fast,has gizmos in it and costs less, i don't really give a damn for anythin else.
not exactly neither is it in the 320 D class nor in the Skoda Laura L&K class, The L&K Laura even today has double the exclusive features (thanks to VW & Audi support) than the Cruz, yes Cruz is very good and will give the Laura and the Civic and Altis good competetion but for drive, features, build you cant beat the Laura. wish they had better A.S.S. but then Chevrolet is not great in that aspect as well.

It is match on and Cruz will be a good addtion, but lets not start stating that it is better than competetion actually comparing feature to feature.
Old 17th September 2009, 11:59   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Seems the launch is nearing. Today saw an ad in Times. Optra Petrol for 7.21, and Diesel for 8.21L. Obviously ex-showroom price. Even then, a good price.

Does it confirms the pricing of Cruze

Or else they must be creating a new space for the Cruze, may be 10-12 lakhs. I think they are going to target the Altis, Civic space with that priceband.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks