Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2009, 15:32   #181
BHPian

DD Autoworld in Delhi has told me about a launch in nov. and deliveries starting from Jan'10 he is talking about a lot of attractive schemes to bring in buyers and they are unlikely to repeat the mistake of Jetta & also sister concern Skoda .
Old 4th October 2009, 16:40   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Delhi domestic airport has a ad showing a new car is coming soon from VW. I guess the launch is not too far!
the ad in delhi airport is not of the polo. it has been extensively discussed in a different thread.
Old 4th October 2009, 20:29   #183
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
nice scoop suhaas! The POLO's rear lights look really good at night!
But, there's already a thread existing on this:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ad-tested.html

Mods, plz merge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
great scoop man!! very nice pics.

black door handles. and dull alloys. yup this might be the Indian version. i wan't those 17" 5 spoke alloys at least as options!!. and its great news for jetta. i guess VW is serious about india as they came in late but are hitting all the right notes now. i am so desperately waiting for this car to launch. i hope they give 1.2 TSI engine to india.
Thank you all! 'Twas my pleasure!

Yes, if the 1.2 TSI motor does make it, it would be a stonker! The Indian version would not be too different from the Euro-spec one however. Unless you take the base variant into consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
If we do get the rather plain version in India, how much would it cost to get the black headlamps, new taillamps, 16 inch alloys and any other minor bits and make it look like the international version? Surely, it won't be too much right?
The individual prices of these parts are not the hitches here. VW would look to localize the Polo as much as possible. That would mean that many parts would be sourced locally itself. Sourcing parts locally would mean that VW would be able to get them cheap and subsequently price the car reasonably as well. Much like what Maruti has done for our Swift.

Here's hoping we get a cracker of a car! This is VW's trump card of sorts. If they get this right (the price and everything), they could quite easily kill their opposition. The Swift, i20, Jazz, Punto better watch out for this one!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th October 2009 at 20:37.
Old 5th October 2009, 07:55   #184
BHPian

it seems the yellow fabia in the picture is the new fabia, the only change i can see is the change in the alloys and the colour.
guys do u remember that fabia offers projector headlamps for the top end model only, similarly we can expect the international version headlamps and tail lamps for the high end variant of the polo

source:VW Polo spied testing CarWale.com Blog
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-poloandverna_watermarked_1024.jpg  

Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-polofabia_watermarked_1024.jpg  

Old 5th October 2009, 08:43   #185
Senior - BHPian

Love the Yellow one,reminds me of VRs.
Are the tail lamps same for the Indian as well?
Old 5th October 2009, 09:09   #186
BHPian

Indian Polo looks fine except for its lights, wonder why VW chose this path for India? The black one too is not any projector type, tail lamps of Indian ones are not even clear type, may be VW is holding all these for future facelift in India.

The biggest dampener though are the engines. We can safely assume that it comes from the same lineup as Fabia, all of them are noisy 3 pot units which lack refinement and are unexciting. I remember reading here that 1.2 TSI is not coming from the outset in which case, the 1.2 petrol or the 1.4 diesels of Fabia are not even close to the best engines available in India in its segment.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:02   #187
BHPian

Here's some interesting info. Seems that their cheapening process unearthed some value, and now they plan to export the cheaper India-sourced components across the globle:

Volkswagen starts sourcing auto components from India

Also included: some details on the number of launches scheduled for 2010 (5), the localization level of the Polo (50% to start with, going up to 75%), and the numbers VW is targetting.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:21   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
The biggest dampener though are the engines. We can safely assume that it comes from the same lineup as Fabia, all of them are noisy 3 pot units which lack refinement and are unexciting. I remember reading here that 1.2 TSI is not coming from the outset in which case, the 1.2 petrol or the 1.4 diesels of Fabia are not even close to the best engines available in India in its segment.
+1, I have read similar reviews on these 3 pot engines!
Old 5th October 2009, 20:35   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakehorsepower View Post
it seems the yellow fabia in the picture is the new fabia, the only change i can see is the change in the alloys and the colour.
guys do u remember that fabia offers projector headlamps for the top end model only, similarly we can expect the international version headlamps and tail lamps for the high end variant of the polo

source:VW Polo spied testing CarWale.com Blog

I am curious about new Fabia ! are there any details available anywhere
Old 5th October 2009, 20:40   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit27 View Post
I am curious about new Fabia ! are there any details available anywhere
here is a pic of facelifted Fabia.
Attached Thumbnails
Production ready VW Polo spotted! Pg 11, 23-7823697.jpg  

Old 5th October 2009, 20:48   #191
BHPian

I just spotted a VW Polo about 1/2 hour back near Hinjewadi flyover. Surprisingly it was not covered from head to toe as test cars usually are, even the badges etc were not covered. Couldn't get any pictures since I was in a bus.

Seems the Polo launch is really very near.

--Vikrant
Old 6th October 2009, 01:51   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
The red pic is the only Indian spec I can see ( going by the headlight cluster).
There still seems to be scope for confusion because of the fogs in the bumper, tied with black door handles and mirrors, but alloy wheels.
Is this all mix and match testing??
My thoughts exactly! Maybe this is the middle version with alloys as options.Fogs maybe standard on this version like on the Swift Vxi/Vdi.

Thin tyres and that dull headlamp cluster an eyesore.These things are not going well with the subtle aggression of the Polo,especially the bold lower lip of the front bumper.

Well,any European super-mini launched in India has to make certain sacrifices to survive in the market.Sigh.

Hope the Polo is a success.VW is serious now.
Old 6th October 2009, 02:36   #193
BHPian

Cant wait to get my greasy hands of one of these
Old 6th October 2009, 10:06   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Here's some interesting info. Seems that their cheapening process unearthed some value, and now they plan to export the cheaper India-sourced components across the globle
This begs the question (again), how is it making the thing here does not seem to reflect in a lowered price for a similar spec??

If the plastics and bits are cheaper here, why have they changed the lights on the Polo?

In fact when hot-shot Patankar commented on the Polo drive in Sardinia, he first said the jutting lower lip will go for the India spec version. Well, we seem to have that still, only everything aft of the front bumper has changed!
Old 6th October 2009, 17:40   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakehorsepower View Post
This is probably the Fabia 1.9 TDI PD Sport version. Cant think of any other variant. Maybe it will launch in time to rain on the Polo's parade. For all we know, it might have decent spec levels, and at a decent price. Max power is around 105 BHP (internationally), but dont take the sport tag seriously. Its a Fabia with some body kit and sporting pretensions.
Only downside would be the PD engine, but given that the Polo is going to land with a 1.2 CRDI, will we miss much!!?

Last edited by crackingride : 6th October 2009 at 17:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks