Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 18:25   #331
Senior - BHPian

re: Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now

Left Hand Drive Nano has been spotted by some enthusiast & reported in another forum. Here, is the link:

Tata Nano Left Hand Drive version spotted testing | IndianCarsBikes.in
Old 20th July 2012, 20:46   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Do you have a source for that or is this inside information?
I had a chance meeting with a DGM working for honeywell, and the info comes from him so you can consider this as an insider info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The cheapest diesel car as of now is around 6L.
What about beat diesel and indica diesel as well, i dont think CR4 indica crosses 5L for base version.

You can get Vista and Ritz below 6L easily as well.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 21:25   #333
BANNED

Umm, serious info!
It'll have a 3 cylinder diesel, not a two cylinder! Had a TD of the vehicle today. Sorry can't tell where and how. The boot glass and the lid, now both open up. Launch 2013 Jan. Pretty easy to drive but a lot of vibrations.
Naparajito is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 22:07   #334
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Umm, serious info!
It'll have a 3 cylinder diesel, not a two cylinder! Had a TD of the vehicle today. Sorry can't tell where and how. The boot glass and the lid, now both open up. Launch 2013 Jan. Pretty easy to drive but a lot of vibrations.
Nice one!

A 3-cylinder diesel is bound to vibrate more than a 4 cylinder. Lets see how the ride quality, NVH is with the diesel. Wont it make the car more back heavy with the diesel engine as compared to the petrol. Also expect the sound (diesel clatter) to be high.

Waiting for more solid information guys.
Old 20th July 2012, 22:13   #335
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata seems to have to long a development cycle in recent times and yes we want fully tested and reliable vehicles but that is taking a bit too long and the delay has costed them heavily with a drop from second to fourth position.

They need the nano diesel, a refreshed manza and the safari storm to come out soon.
Old 20th July 2012, 23:24   #336
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito
Umm, serious info!
Thanks for the update! Sad to hear about the NVH, but if Tata can get power/torque delivery and price right, it will be quickly forgiven as the all-important fuel efficiency is a given with this car.

Any idea if Tata are adding non-engine related updates to the car, such as front disc brakes, power steering and a fifth gear?
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:58   #337
BHPian

Spotted New Test Mule of Nano In Bangalore

Hi,
Today my friend spotted this checked Nano undergoing Test in Bangalore near Hebbal.

The Tail lights are chrome lined.

I think the rear glass can be opened & new bumper design. It could be a Diesel Variant.

Team Please list out the other features you came to know.
Attached Thumbnails
Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now-tata_nano_23_july_2012_at_bangalore.jpg  

Nano Diesel with CRDI technology coming? EDIT: Plans scrapped for now-tata_nano2_23_july_2012_at_bangalore.jpg  

Last edited by TeddyBear : 23rd July 2012 at 17:59.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:07   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Umm, serious info!
Hi Naparajito
" The boot glass and the lid, now both open up" that mean does it have the proper hatch door and not just the glass open up?

Please drop more details on your experience.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:46   #339
Senior - BHPian

How about adding a rear wiper to the car? I know I am asking for a lot on a budget car, but it would go a long way in improving the rear looks of the car and breaking the monotony.
Old 25th July 2012, 21:54   #340
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
Hi Naparajito
" The boot glass and the lid, now both open up" that mean does it have the proper hatch door and not just the glass open up?

Please drop more details on your experience.
That means you can open up the glass panel on the boot this time.
Old 13th December 2012, 17:37   #341
BHPian

Posting here as the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-spied-2.html is closed.

Today morning i spotted three Tata vehicles parked on the Koramangala Indiranagar intermediate ring road heading towards Koramangala.

In the front was Aria, Sumo Gold both pearl white colour followed by Red Nano. I stopped by had a good look at the vehicles. They all looked like test vehicles. They had MH temp registration number. The cars were dirty and could easily make out they were abused. The seats where covered with blue cloth which was also dirty. In the back seat of Aria there were about 5 to 6 black oil cans. Sumo Gold (dint try to count the number here) also had some oil cans and the Nano had 3 oil cans. There were register note books on the front seat of all these vehicles.

Three drives were in the middle of some discussion and where not happy about me looking into their cars, hence they got back to their seats and started off.

I could make out from the tappet noise that the nano been tested a diesel variant. But surprisingly did not emit any black smoke while they started running.

Sorry I could not take any pictures as I was not carrying my mobile.
arvindmanju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2012, 19:44   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Posting here as the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...r-spied-2.html is closed.

Today morning i spotted three Tata vehicles parked on the Koramangala Indiranagar intermediate ring road heading towards Koramangala.

In the front was Aria, Sumo Gold both pearl white colour followed by Red Nano. I stopped by had a good look at the vehicles. They all looked like test vehicles. They had MH temp registration number. The cars were dirty and could easily make out they were abused. The seats where covered with blue cloth which was also dirty. In the back seat of Aria there were about 5 to 6 black oil cans. Sumo Gold (dint try to count the number here) also had some oil cans and the Nano had 3 oil cans. There were register note books on the front seat of all these vehicles.

Three drives were in the middle of some discussion and where not happy about me looking into their cars, hence they got back to their seats and started off.

I could make out from the tappet noise that the nano been tested a diesel variant. But surprisingly did not emit any black smoke while they started running.

Sorry I could not take any pictures as I was not carrying my mobile.
How did the Nano's engine sound? Like a regular car diesel engine or like that of Tata Ace?

Also, when you peeked into the Aria, did you notice any difference w.r.t. gear shifter? Was it the rumored Automatic?
Old 13th December 2012, 19:46   #343
BHPian

Oh I wish you could have gotten off some shots of the cars. Would've been more conclusive. Were they camouflaged in any way? However from those symptoms you describe, it definitely sounds suspiciously close to testing.

Btw the 2-pot 624 cc petrol engine on the Nano is pretty loud and anyone could actually mistake it for the clatter of an oil burner. Anyway the Nano diesel is slated for a 2013 launch so more than likely that you ran into a car with one under the hood. It is a much awaited launch and its good to know they're in testing.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:23   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
How did the Nano's engine sound? Like a regular car diesel engine or like that of Tata Ace?

Also, when you peeked into the Aria, did you notice any difference w.r.t. gear shifter? Was it the rumored Automatic?
In the Aria and Sumo Gold I dint notice any difference. My eyes first went to the gear leaver and it was MT. I am not sure what they were testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Oh I wish you could have gotten off some shots of the cars. Would've been more conclusive. Were they camouflaged in any way? However from those symptoms you describe, it definitely sounds suspiciously close to testing.

Btw the 2-pot 624 cc petrol engine on the Nano is pretty loud and anyone could actually mistake it for the clatter of an oil burner. Anyway the Nano diesel is slated for a 2013 launch so more than likely that you ran into a car with one under the hood. It is a much awaited launch and its good to know they're in testing.
No camouflaged of any sort. What i noticed was non of them had the model variant badge (LX, EX, etc.) were abused, Nano rear wheel bumper had deep rubbing/cut marks
I am sure it dint sound like the petrol Nano that's running on our roads.
It definitely had the tappet sound (at idling) that typically produced by diesel engine. Once he started accelerating the sound smoothed.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 13th December 2012 at 20:39.
Old 13th December 2012, 20:31   #345
BANNED

A diesel nano does sound like a good deal. Tata should also consider going for the little segment that reva has carved for themselves. With an electric motor, safer, non-controversial styling that it already possesses, better fit and finish and also a little more upmarket interior panels and general feel, they would easily be able to price it just as notoriously as the Revas are priced and get away with it. No?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks