Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2010, 22:05   #121
BHPian

Yep. The interiors look awesome. Just hope they bring in more powerful engines for this. I am in line to buy this beauty
Old 12th March 2010, 23:54   #122
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the new Swift has Ritz headlamp and grille.

Interiors have become more utilitarian. Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on the person who is buying it.
Old 13th March 2010, 00:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Interiors look good. Similar design to the "twin-cockpit" thing that chevy has going on with the beat!
Old 13th March 2010, 00:41   #124
Senior - BHPian

has anyone heard about local maruti dealer making noises about new swift coming in?
Old 13th March 2010, 00:46   #125
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice scoop pics of the dash.
I just hope Maruti/Suzuki provides better room in the rear as well as more boot space in the Swift this time.
Old 13th March 2010, 10:38   #126
Senior - BHPian

The dash looks good but I don't buy that artist's rendering of the Swift's front end. AFAIK, there won't be much difference in terms of looks from the current gen Swift, although the sheet metal will be all new. From the spy shots posted earlier, the next gen Swift seems to be slightly longer and wider, while retaining the character of the current Swift.
Old 13th March 2010, 13:22   #127
Senior - BHPian

I seriously doubt if such a big "small" car would be launched in india. If they do, its super good. I have looked at Export model A-Stars and i20s etc and they are upto international standards. At least those companies could offer this as an option, as there would be no real cost involved. They could easily supply this from their line.
Old 13th March 2010, 18:46   #128
BHPian

exteriors almost the same, interiors doubt to get it

well on the exteriors there doesnt seem to be any significant changes. Swift is almost 6 years old, I was expecting some really hot looks for this hot selling hatch, but for the moment they dont seem to impress.

if we look how TATA refreshed indica with indica vista, swift seems to be lagging that freshness.

as far as interiors are concerned I have very strong doubts that we would get them.

so as far as first impressions go, my enthusiasm has taken a back seat
Old 25th March 2010, 18:29   #129
BANNED

Actually swift doesnt need a face lift.adding a electric OVRM will do the magic for 2010.
Old 26th March 2010, 14:10   #130
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Swift (alongwith the Dzire) remains Maruti's most profitable hatchback. Priced higher than its typical offerings, and yet brings home the volumes. Maruti will play it safe with the Swift. I have a feeling the final product will be evolutionary (of the current gen) rather than revolutionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
At least those companies could offer this as an option, as there would be no real cost involved. They could easily supply this from their line.
And publicly admit that the lower-priced one is of lesser quality? No ways any company would admit that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Actually swift doesnt need a face lift.adding a electric OVRM will do the magic for 2010.
I hope this statement was made in jest? The Swift was on top of its game at the time, but 6 years down the line, its showing its age. Today, the Swift is beginning to feel outdated after the launch of fresh (decidedly better) products from the competition.

If the Swift wants to retain its lead in the 5 lakh rupee segment, its going to need the next-gen sooner rather than later.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:47   #131
Distinguished - BHPian

With the current Swift selling in HUGE numbers and having seen the Maruti's history of dragging 20 year old models and launching discontinued models i think the new generation Swift is not coming in the near future.

BTW the interiors in these pictures posted by Sidindica look very good, i expect the same from the overall design of the car.

Also this car is expected with a 4.2 metre length, so forget tax concessions unless Maruti chops its front and rear off. And this is not a good thing as i find inhouse Maruti designs ugly Examples: DZire and previous gen original Zen facelift.

Last edited by .anshuman : 26th March 2010 at 15:51.
Old 26th March 2010, 15:57   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If the Swift wants to retain its lead in the 5 lakh rupee segment, its going to need the next-gen sooner rather than later.
I doubt that. With better equipment level its still as good as competition unless people got bored of it. MSIL can bring little more space to it, better linings and 1.3K series (90 - 95 bhp).
That is good enough to keep the lead on. My 2 cents only.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:12   #133
BHPian

The dash looks i20ish, I am sure new swift will be launched sooner than expected, to gain even more of market share that currently goes to i20's. It will be just dumb to keep this "equipment less" swift keep selling. Because who ever is going to buy it they are going to hear all praise of i20's and puntos from people like me and soon they will regret buying this equipment less car like most of my buddies do.
Old 26th March 2010, 16:42   #134
BHPian

Remember, the Swift to India is what the Toyota Camry is to the USA. Maruti will want to play hard to defend its turf. If every other manufacturer is going to take risks and introduce new cars, Maruti will have to follow suit.

I think maruti is going to take a chance with the current swift and phase it out in favor of this new model. Its the only way that Maruti will stimulate customers to gravitate back to its cars instead of opting for the polo, beat, i20, figo, etios and 'honda small'. Going by the scoop shots of the car, i think it has a strong card for the game.

As a customer though, im seriously very happy!
Old 26th March 2010, 16:54   #135
Senior - BHPian

Looks good from inside
I hope they increase overall length to provide better legroom at the rear and a slightly better rear seat.

With the Germans aiming at 4-6 lakh rupee segment and Hyundai i20 proving itself better then Swift, Maruti definitely need to spice up Swift in terms of interior space and comfort to retain its lead by a good margin. Since they have come down from 1.3ltr to 1.2ltr K-Series, instead of a new spec engine they should have Auto Transmission as an option at the top of the line.

Last edited by HammerHead : 26th March 2010 at 17:12.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks