Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2009, 18:49   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
There are two real scoop pics printed in Overdrive, and the new Wagon-R is not any different from the current Wagon-R, except for some nice curves at front and back. The front more or less looks like the new Estilo, except that there is wide, narrow grill in the bumber too. There is no sideview pic.
Thats right. Conflicting reports on the next Wagon R. Overdrive's report seems to be more believable, because changing headlamps, bumpers is more like what Maruti does most of the time!

Here are the pics published in Overdrive's Jan edition:
Attached Thumbnails
New Wagon R-restlyed-wagon-r.jpg  

Old 31st December 2009, 19:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

Looks are almost the same ..only good thing to happen is the K-Series engine
Old 31st December 2009, 19:42   #48
BHPian

Hope they keep the old wagon R atleast in spirit

I for one had dismissed small cars for a long time , till such time I had to drive in the city. Now I am a changed man and I am in awe of the wagonR's city performance. I also love it's looks now because I have come to understand that it performs the way it does because of the way it looks. I dont think that it was designed to make it look ugly, it was designed for visibility, space, comfort and it just so happened that it looked like that when it had to satisfy the other requirements.

I really dont like the idea of a 3 cyl engine K series or not. I for one am hoping that they would keep the Wagon R as it is with it's 4 cyl 1.1 L engine. The reason being that I want to buy a Wagon R early next year and dont want to wait for an other 2 or 3 months because they are changing the engine/gear box of the car. I would not mind if they messed with the grill/bumper etc.
Old 31st December 2009, 19:44   #49
BHPian

This can go as an estilo (facelift)upgrade, Why WagonR? It does make sense if it is fitted the new KB12 from the Ritz, Also currently the KB12 is doing great with the Ritz and has won many hearts with an allround performance in the Ritz.

SO as of now, Ritz and the Eeco will be having KB12,will be nice to see the new WagonR with the KB12. Otherwise does it make sense pitching the Estilo with the new WagonR?
Old 31st December 2009, 20:20   #50
BHPian

I wish they put the detuned 1.2L engine that is going to do its duty in coming Eeco. Somehow, I too do not like the 3-pot KB10 998cc engine. Very bad to see only two engines in most of the Suzuki range.

When there is tallboy in the form of Estilo availabe with 1L engine, it does not make sense to make another tallboy with same engine. Come on Maruti, please give some powerful engine to Wagon-R, which makes sense.
Old 1st January 2010, 03:34   #51
Senior - BHPian

The W-R is getting fuglier. On one side, we see Swift, Splash, SX4, GV which are Suzuki's international models. On the other side, we see such models. I really don't understand Suzuki's strategy.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:51   #52
BHPian

If they do not have a suitable upgrade, why bother getting an uglier, outdated design from another market? Beats me! Are they thinking it will help in getting larger volumes than what Wagor-R is piling up today? I don't think so.

BH.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:58   #53
Senior - BHPian

In one word, they are just making this product uglier and funnier.

Pathetic.I think India deserves more respect than this.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:16   #54
BHPian

This car looks like a suitcase! Finally, some competition for the Amby in the looks department
Old 1st January 2010, 12:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India Forum: 2010 wagon r facelift spy

bigger pics at link.

A disaster waiting to happen.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:47   #56
BHPian

Saw the link. Still wondering if it is the handiwork of the same company that showcased A-Star concept at Auto Expo 2008 :(
Old 1st January 2010, 19:51   #57
BHPian

Quote:
When there is tallboy in the form of Estilo availabe with 1L engine, it does not make sense to make another tallboy with same engine. Come on Maruti, please give some powerful engine to Wagon-R, which makes sense.
Both the Wagon R and Estilo shared the same 4 pot 1.1 motor before the Estilo was relaunched with a facelift and the A-star's motor. So it does make sense if the WagonR is launched with the same A-star engine.

From those pictures, the front seems okay, an attempt at making the boxy Wagon look more round (But is that necessary? don't we all like the wagon as it is?) and why the big chrome strip above the license plate at the back - to blind someone who shines his headlights on it - only maruti can answer that.

IMO maruti could have gone and swapped the engine without any facelift, the WagonR would still sell, but the design department, happy with the recent estilo job desperately wanted to get their hands onto the WagonR - the result is in front of you.
Old 1st January 2010, 20:28   #58
BHPian

oh my god this looks as flat as it could get.Let's see how far the facelit or faceflat goes ..In my opinion it could chase away the customers
Old 1st January 2010, 22:49   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neur0t0xin View Post
Both the Wagon R and Estilo shared the same 4 pot 1.1 motor before the Estilo was relaunched with a facelift and the A-star's motor. So it does make sense if the WagonR is launched with the same A-star engine.
Two tallboys with same specs and chasis does not make sense to me. It was like that before with 1.1L engine and that is why Estilo died. Still, the new Estilo is far behind the Wagon-R in sales.

I believe the detuned 1.2L engine from Eeco is a good choice to the new Wagon-R.
Old 1st January 2010, 23:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

This is what MSIL should have also done instead of confusing everyone with newer launches and still keeping older ones.

What will they name the new one? WagonR Boxilo?

Last edited by clevermax : 1st January 2010 at 23:13.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks